We created this lighting guide to introduce you to the many types and shapes of bulbs available today and to help you understand the relevant metrics and terminology. We have laid out the requirements for different rooms, tasks, and lights. This should help you to make an informed decision when comparing and to select the round light bulb for your needs.
1. Hansang G25 LED Globe Light Bulbs,60W Equivalent 5000K Daylight White Eye-friendly Decorative Vanity Round Light Bulbs E26 Base,Perfect For Vanity Makeup Mirror,droplight,Floor lamp,Non-Dimmable 4Pack
- ENERGY SAVING-G25 led globe can save 90% on your electricity bill.The vanity daylight bulbs offer 5W (60Watt bulb equivalent),500 lumens.High lighting efficacy and little heat generation,perfect replacement for incandescent bulbs.
- STABLE PERFORMANCE –More than 30,000 hours lasting life more durable,and require much less maintenance than a tungsten lamp. Those LEDs are No flicker, No dazzle, No buzzing or humming. No lead, No mercury, UV or IR, safe for you and your family.
- 5000K DAYLIGHT- Super high color rendering index (Ra>80), work safely and the voltage is AC85-265V. Best match with your vanity makeup mirror,table lamps,Ceiling fixtures,Wall lamps,and pendant fixtures.Can be uses in any room including:living rooms,the reading room,bedrooms,offices,and hallways.
- EASY INSTALLATION -With Standard American E26 screw base, you just screw in the light fixtures directly, very easy. And our light bulbs instant on without delay, buy with confidence!
- LONG LIFESPAN & WARRANTY – Hansang guarantee we will be fully responsible for any quality problem. If you have any product problem, Please feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfactory reply in 24 hours.
Additional Info :
2. 8-Pack Bathroom Light Bulbs, 60 watt Equivalent, Daylight G25 LED Globe Light Bulbs for Bathroom Vanity, E26 Medium Base, 5000K Round Light Bulb Over Mirror, Non-dimmable
- Energy Saving LED Bulb: Equivalent to 60w incandescent bulb by only using 5w, saving on your electricity bill.
- Bright Bathroom Light Bulb: Emits 500 lumen of brightness per bulb and gives a bright light without being harsh on the eyes.
- Excellent Performance: Instant on to full brightness, zero flicker and no buzzing sounds. CRI>80, showing the true colors for you.
- Wide Application: With E26 standard socket, our bulbs are suitable for bathroom vanity light fixtures, hollywood makeup mirror, pendant light, etc.
- Long Lifespan: About 30,000hrs lifespan, these bulbs are durable, no need to replace them frequently.
Additional Info :
|Color||5000K Daylight White|
3. Sunlite 41314-SU FC8T9/DL Circline Fluorescent Lamps, 8-Inch Size, 22 Watts, 1050 Lumens, 4-Pin Base (G10q), 10,000 Life Hours, 1 Count (Pack of 1), 65K-Daylight
- T9 CIRCLINE LAMPS – Fluorescent T9 Circline lamps are an energy efficient solution to your lighting needs. These specially designed bulbs are made for use in classic Circline fixtures.
- 8-INCH SIZE – Standard FC8T9 bulb measures 8-inches in diameter and features a 4-pin (G10q) base.
- 1050 LUMENS – Bright 1050 lumen output while only using 22 watts of electricity. Annual energy cost of $2.65 based on 3 hours/day @ $0.11/kWh.
- DAYLIGHT COLOR TEMPERATURE – These bulbs give off a 6500K color temperature light that’s similar to natural daylight. Ideal for task lighting.
- LONG LIFE – Long 10,000 hour life span means years of reliable service. You’ll need to replace hard to reach bulbs less often. For use in kitchens, hallways, closets, laundry rooms, and more.
Additional Info :
|Color||65K – Daylight|
4. GE Globe Light Bulbs, Vanity Decorative Bulb, 40 Watts, Medium Base (6 Pack)
- Vanity light bulbs: These globe light bulbs are the perfect light bulbs to use in vanity lights, pendant lights or any fixture where the bulb is visible.
- 40-Watt light bulbs: These G25 light bulbs use 40-watts and output 410 Lumens.
- Longer lasting globe light bulb: These vanity light bulbs are rated to last 1.4 years based on 3 hours of daily use.
- Bathroom light bulbs for dollars 4.82 per year: These vanity light bulbs cost dollars 4.82 per year to operate, based on using the light bulbs for 3 hours per day.
- Decorative light bulbs: These globe lights add a decorative touch even when the lights are off.
Additional Info :
5. Dimmable LED Edison Light Bulb, G25 (G80) Globe Bulb, 60W Equivalent, 5000K Daylight, Christmas Light, E26 Standard Base, UL Listed, 6-Pack
- 💡[Retro Style] Featuring ultra-thin LED globe light bulbs makes a big statement of decoration. Globe cage filament design makes bulb look Classic and Unique
- 💡[Dimmable] Round Light Bulb is compatible with most dimmers by Advanced Technics, which ensures 0-100% brightness adjusted smoothly as you want for different scenes
- 💡[Technical Features] 6-Pack, G25 shape, Dimmable, 500lumens, 5000K Daylight, CRI85+, AC-120V, Instant on
- 💡[Money Saving] 5W LED light bulb is replacing traditional 60W incandescent bulb, which will help save up to 91.67% on electricity bill. Besides, less heat output and 10,000 hours long life can reduce hassle of frequently changing
- 💡[Wide Application] With LED Globe Shape and E26 Base, you can easily screw into fixtures for various Scene and Atmosphere. Like hall drop light, decoration light, mirror light, table lamp, wall lamp in living rooms, bedrooms, bathroom etc
- 💡[2 Years Warranty] Our products have 24 months warranty. Any question please free feel to contact us first, our professional customer service team will respond in 24 hours
- Not eligible for shipments to California
Additional Info :
6. SYLVANIA Incandescent Double Life Décor Globe Light Bulb, 40W, G25, Medium Base, 265 Lumens, Frosted, 2850K, Soft White – 3 Pack (15345)
- This value pack of 3 glove light bulbs are 40-watt incandescent lamps.
- Producing a soft white brightness of 265 lumens.
- Take advantage of an estimated energy cost of only Dollar-4.82 a year.
- Globe décor light bulbs make ideal placement in bathrooms, entryways, family rooms, and floor lamps.
- With a lifetime of 3,000 hours, these bulbs are medium base and have a color temperature of 2850K.
Additional Info :
7. Ascher Vintage G25 LED Globe Light Bulbs, 60 Watt Equivalent, Warm White 2700K, 750LM, Non-Dimmable, G25 Glass Edison Style for Bathroom Makeup Mirror, Medium E26 Base, Pack of 4
- ENERGY SAVING: Up to 90% saving on your electricity bill, replacing traditional 60W incandescent with 6W LED. Less heat output and extremely long life,average 20,000 hours.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: This globe LED bulbs offers comfortable, cozy and relaxing atmosphere;no-flicker or strobe warm white 2700k protecting your family’s eyesight.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: No lead or mercury. No UV or IR.Long-term and stable to provide you with high-quality lighting services.
- NOTE: This E26 LED bulb is not dimmable, please DO NOT use them with dimmer switch.
- Widely Appilication:Standard G25 LED globe shape with E26 screw base, you can just screw in the light fixtures directly, very easy.Suitable for various commercial and domestic lighting. Can serve as hall droplight, decoration light, makeup mirror light, table lamp, wall lamp, mirror light bulb. Ideal for use in living rooms, bedrooms, bathroom etc.
- Professional After-sale Service: Ascher is committed to providing our customers with high quality products, we are dedicated to ensuring your fully satisfaction. Our company provides customers with service of 18 MONTHS. Email us via your order if you face any quality problem, replacement for led bulb or refund would be sent under warranty.
Additional Info :
|Color||Warm White 2700K|
8. LiteHistory Dimmable g16.5 led Bulb e12 g16 1/2 led Candelabra Bulb 40w led Edison Bulb 2700K 400lm ac120v 4w g50 led Globe Bulb for Chandelier,Vanity and Ceiling Fan Light Bulbs 6Pack
- 【DIMMABLE COMPATIBILITY&FLICKER FREE】:G16.5 led bulb is smooth dimming,no-flicker or strobe,no humming or buzzing,g16 led bulb is compatible with Lutron Skylark,Davi,Toggler,Maestro,Rotary Preset Dimmer(SCL-153P-WH,CTCL-153PDH-WH,TGCL-153PH-WH,MAELV-600-WH,S-600P-GR,DVELV-300P-WH,DVWCL-153PH-WH,DV-600P-WH,D-600P-IV,DVELV-303P-WH,MACL-153M-WH,S-600PNL-LA),Leviton VPE06-1LZ,IPI06-1LZ,6672-1LW,Leviton 6633-PLW,6631-1LT dimmer
- 【EYE-CARING&MULTI-APPLICATION】: led globe bulb offers comfortable,cozy,relaxing atmosphere;no-flicker or strobe warm white color protecting your family’s eyesight;led edison bulb is extensively applied in Indoor and outdoor,Such as chandelier light bulbs,ceiling fan light bulbs,ceiling light bulbs,vanity light bulb,desk light bulb,Dining room light bulb,Bathroom light bulbs,reveal light bulbs,Bistro Bar Lighting,wall fixture,light fixture,accent fixture,Decoration,strings,etc.
- 【ENERGY SAVING AND ECO FRIENDLY】:led candelabra bulb is energy saving up to 93%,4W candelabra led bulbs equivalent 40W led chandelier light bulbs,Save your bills with our led vanity light bulb;ETL,REACH,CE,ROHS approved,mercury-free, no flicker led filament bulbs is environment friendly.
- 【TECHNICAL FEATURES】:led ceiling fan light bulbs,AC110V-130V,4W equal to 40W g50 g45 g14 vintage light bulbs,CRI>80,PF>0.85,Warm white 2700K,360 degree e12 candelabra bulb,turn on instantly;with overload protection, short circuit protection and over temperature protection is more healthy for your family
- 【LIFESPAN AND WARRANTY】:e12 edison bulb with Epistar chip,Brand filament,Brand driver and charge helium for heat dissiparation assure up to 25,000 hours with 2 year warranty,Email us via your order if you face any quality problem, replacement for e12 led bulb or refund would be sent under warranty.
Additional Info :
|Color||4w=40w Warm White 2700K E12|
9. Globe Electric 60W Vintage Edison G30 Vanity Tungsten Incandescent Filament Light Bulb, E26 Standard Base, 245 Lumens
- LIGHT OUTPUT: 245 lumens – 60 watts – 2700 kelvin (soft white) – 3,000 hour bulb life
- SOFT WHITE: 2700 kelvin soft white color, providing a traditional warm and cozy ambiance
- SPHERICAL SHAPE: standard variation of G30 globe bulb allows ample space for increased illumination
- TUNGSTEN FILAMENTS: specially designed & shaped bulbs with Imported Tungsten Filaments gives your home that extra special unique & warm touch
- BULB SPECS: fits a standard medium E26 base light socket
- ✔ SPHERICAL SHAPE: standard variation of G30 globe bulb allows ample space for increased illumination
- ✔ TUNGSTEN FILAMENT: specially designed with imported Tungsten Filaments gives your home that extra special unique warm touch!
- ✔ DESIGN: perfect for that historic or vintage restoration project to create that antique feeling!
- ✔ BULB BASE: fits a standard medium E26 base light socket
- ✔ BULB SPECS: 245 lumens – 60 watts – 3,000 hour bulb life – 2700 kelvin – 120 volts
- ✔ VERSATILE: use your imagination and creativity to bring any room to life with a Vintage Edison light bulb. Specially designed & shaped bulbs gives your home that extra special unique/warm touch
Additional Info :
10. G40 Replacement Light Bulbs 5W Clear Globe Bulb fits E12 C7 Candelabra Screw Base Sockets, 1.5 Inch Dimmable Light Bulbs for Indoor Outdoor Patio Decor, Pack of 25
- Vintage edison bulbs: G40 string light bulbs have a candelabra screw base that fits c7 and e12 sockets. Each Piece 120v 5w. Ul listed waterproof bulbs for indoor and outdoor use
- Safe pakage: 1.5 inch globe incandescent light bulbs. 25 counts glass bulbs per pack, Each bulb has been inserted into it’s own compartment to prevent cracking
- Dimmable: Clear glass bulbs cast a warm white glow. Dimmable edison light bulbs would be perfect decoration lights for your garden, backyard and balcony terrace, they are also an excellent decorative lighting for indoor wedding party
- Easy to installation: G40 light bulbs are the perfect combination of modern technology and vintage styling, you just need to screw bulbs into the empty sockets, then you can enjoy the vintage atmosphere. For g40 vintage string lights, please search B096JXNQQF
Additional Info :
Buying Guide to Choose round light bulb
Lumens, which simply look at the light output of the dimmable LED bulb, are used to measure brightness. You should look at bulbs with a minimum of 600 lumens for that colorful lighting because a brighter bulb often has a greater lumen count.
Many manufacturers take great satisfaction in the lengthy lifespan of LED bulbs because it is well known. In general, most dimmable LED bulbs will live for at least 10 years if you use them for an average of 3 hours daily.
Different sizes and forms of dimmable LED lights are available. The A bulb, which features the traditional round light bulb shape, is the most popular. However, other designs are available, such as the ST and BR bulbs, which have shapes like little flashlights with flattened tops.
The hue or warmth of the dimmable LED bulb can be described in terms of temperature. Higher values, like 9000k, indicate a bulb with more blue, while lower numbers, like 2600k, indicate a bulb with more orange. Kelvin (k) is the standard unit of measurement.
The most significant aspect of any dimmable LED bulb for budget-conscious customers is its energy consumption, expressed in watts (w). Since LED bulbs are already relatively low wattage, you should look at wattages close to 10w or under. The lower the wattage, the less energy your bulb will require.
What type of bulb gives the best light?
The most energy-efficient choice is LED lighting, which fits into conventional light sockets. While using less power than incandescent lights, LEDs produce the same amount of light. They can provide the same amount of light while using fewer energy, thanks to this. LEDs don’t contain mercury and have more than 20 years.
Are LED light bulbs healthy?
In reality, because LEDs don’t contain ultraviolet rays like other types of light therapies, they are employed in the skin and other health therapies. They are just as safe for your eyes as any other contemporary light source.
Which bulbs are brighter?
These high-efficiency bulbs last 20 times longer than incandescent bulbs and produce more lumens per watt. As much light is produced by a 10W LED bulb as a 60W incandescent bulb. Since they don’t need to be changed frequently, LED bulbs are appropriate for confined spaces.
What type of lightbulb is best for the living room?
Soft white light bulbs are preferable if you want to create a more tranquil, warm, and welcoming atmosphere in your living area. The light from the bulbs will be yellower and warmer. Daylight bulbs will work nicely if you want a brighter space perfect for hands-on activity.
Which bulbs last the longest?
The longest-lasting light bulbs are LEDs with lifespans of up to 50,000 hours, outlasting their competition by years. They are the most durable and energy-efficient solutions because they are available in various designs, colors, and shapes.
What Makes a Light Bulb Light Up?
Consider yourself in the Middle Ages once more. After a long day of labor in the fields, it is almost night when you enter the house to clean up. You want to unwind and savor the evening for a while after a fast bath and a filling dinner. What do you do for lighting as it becomes dark?
- Before the development of modern lighting, you most likely would have used a candle or an oil lamp. You would probably need multiple candles or lamps if you lived in a large residence. Turning on and keeping all of these devices lighted could be difficult. They could also generate much heat and soot, neither of which were comfortable.
- It’s not surprising that early innovators wished for an easy means to find their way in the dark. The light bulb was created independently at the same time in the late 1800s by two inventors: Englishman Sir Joseph Swan and American Thomas Edison.
- It’s interesting to see how long it took for such a straightforward idea to be created while looking back in time. The conventional light bulb, commonly known as an incandescent light bulb, is a beautifully straightforward gadget with just a few fundamental components. In actuality, not much has changed since the time of Edison. But it was the technological revolution that altered history irrevocably.
- Only a few fundamental components make up a light bulb. Two metal contacts on the metal base join the endpoints of an electrical circuit. A thin metal filament joins two stiff wires, and the metal contacts are attached to those wires. The filament, held aloft by a glass mount, is the thin wire visible in the center of the light bulb. All of this is contained in a glass bulb with inert gas, such as argon.
- An electrical current travels from one metal contact to the next when a light bulb is connected to an electrical power source. The filament heats up as the current flows through the wires, causing it to emit photons, which are tiny packets of visible light.
- The filament of a standard 60-watt light bulb is constructed of a length of long, thin tungsten metal. Although it appears that the filament within the bulb is only a few inches long, it is almost six feet long and tightly wound. Its thinness—roughly one-hundredth of an inch—allows for this.
- Extreme heat does not always cause all metals to generate visible light. In actuality, the majority will melt before such temperatures. However, tungsten has a very high melting point, which makes it the ideal metal for light bulb filaments.
- All the oxygen is sucked out of the air during the creation of light bulbs to create a near vacuum to prevent the tungsten filament from igniting at such a high temperature. An inert gas, such as argon, is injected into the light bulb to prolong its life by preventing tungsten atoms from evaporating.
- Although inexpensive, practical, and simple, incandescent light bulbs aren’t extremely efficient. They produce a great deal of heat. Fluorescent lights and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are examples of more modern technologies that are far more efficient, producing more light and less heat. These recent innovations utilize less energy and quickly replace conventional light bulbs.
The Impact of Light Bulbs on Society
The development of the incandescent light bulb is frequently seen as a significant historical turning point. According to IdeaFinder.com, this iconic product debuted in the late 1800s and contributed to a revolution in human society that led to subsequent improvements. The light bulb’s societal effects are multifaceted, but they can best be summed up in terms of labor, play, and safety.
- Working Schedule– The ability to work longer hours was one of the light bulb’s most noteworthy effects. While a longer work week frequently mistreated the working class, higher nighttime productivity encouraged industrial development.
- Occupational Safety– The increased brightness made it simpler for workers to detect possible threats. Even while late 1800s safety standards were undoubtedly subpar, the light bulb did contribute to some modest advancements.
- Home Security– Candles and oil-based lights were deadly fire dangers that resulted in numerous yearly fatalities. The lightbulb made the household environment safer at night.
- Leisure Time– While many individuals discovered they had to work later, they also discovered that the longer evening illumination allowed them to engage in leisure activities.
- Leisure pursuits– Electricity was mostly used in industrial areas until the invention of the light bulb. Electric outlets were widely placed in homes after the invention of the light bulb, which also allowed for the entry of electric radios, televisions, and later video game consoles.