What is iTero Digital Scanner?
The iTero digital scanner is an advanced orthodontic device that allows our professionals at Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics to create a 3D visual image of your teeth before and after Invisalign® treatment. The technology was strategically developed to work alongside your Invisalign® treatment so you and your orthodontist can plan out your treatment and connect with the Invisalign® labs for the actual creation of your retainers. This valuable information ensures that your Invisalign® process is seamless and that you, your orthodontist, and the Invisalign® lab are all connected throughout your treatment.
Why is iTero Digital Scanner used?
You may be a good candidate for the iTero digital scanner if you:
- Have a dental imperfection, such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Are a candidate for Invisalign® or Invisalign Teen® treatment
- Would like to see what your final treatment results will be prior to undergoing Invisalign® treatment
What does iTero Digital Scanner involve?
The first step of getting your iTero digital scan before and after photos is to visit our Texas orthodontic office, Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics. During a free initial consultation, we can discuss your treatment options and determine whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign® and the iTero process. In addition to Invisalign® and iTero scanning, we also offer OrthoPulse, which can be used to speed up your Invisalign® treatment process. We’ll go into more detail about all three of these processes during your consultation. The iTero device works by simply placing the camera device along the side of your mouth with the help of your orthodontist. Your images are taken and in just a few minutes your pictures can be seen displayed on a monitor. The images will display your current teeth and then project your expected smile outcome following your Invisalign® treatment.
What are the benefits of using iTero Digital Scanner?
Some of the benefits that our patients experience when using the iTero digital scanning technology at Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics include the following:
- Quick and easy procedure
- Displays clear, 3D images
- Shows you what your teeth will likely look like following Invisalign® treatment
- Helps you decide whether the Invisalign® treatment is right for you
- Connects you, your orthodontist, and the Invisalign® lab experts
- Helps create Invisalign® retainers that fit your teeth perfectly