Peripheral neuropathy can severely impact the feet, resulting in excruciating pain and incapacitating symptoms. Whether caused by diabetes, chemotherapy, or another source, nerve pain patients are always seeking relief.
Foot massagers for neuropathy have been shown to alleviate pain and decrease nerve damage progression.
Not only can foot massage alleviate pain, but it also improves blood circulation, lowers numbness, reduces edema, and prevents diabetic and neuropathy issues in the feet and legs.
Not all electric foot massagers are, however, appropriate for neuropathy. Modes of air compression massage and heat therapy are what you should seek.
Benefits of Foot Massage for Neuropathy
Even though some doctors might be against massages for neuropathy, most experts now agree that foot massages are good for their patients in many ways. There are some things to watch out for though.
Not all massages are equal. When someone with neuropathy needs a foot massage, it should be done by a trained professional or a good machine. If not, it could hurt more than help.
Does massage help neuropathy?
Yes, a foot massage can help nerve pain. Massages have been used for pain relief, blood flow, relaxation, and many other things for hundreds of years in every culture. Along with taking care of your feet, foot massages can help ease the symptoms of neuropathy and lower the risk of complications.
Massaging the area affected by diabetic neuropathy may help increase blood flow, relieve diabetic foot pain, make nerves more sensitive, repair damaged nerves, reduce diabetic swollen feet, prevent foot ulcers, speed up wound healing, and lower the risk of blood clots.
Why is it good for diabetics to have their feet massaged?
Foot massages help people with diabetes and neuropathy in the same ways. If you have diabetes but haven’t been diagnosed with neuropathy yet, massaging your feet along with good diabetes management, a low HA1C, a healthy diet, regular exercise, and yearly foot exams may help prevent neuropathy and other foot problems related to diabetes.
What problems do electric foot massagers cause?
Most people with peripheral neuropathy will feel better after getting a foot massage, but there are some things to watch out for to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Most problems happen when massages are done too hard or with too much pressure. If you’re using an electric foot massager, you should always start with the least intense setting and work your way up.
If it hurts, you should stop right away or lessen the intensity. Remember that massages should never hurt or feel bad.
Neuropathy is a serious disease that can cause a lot of problems. Before using an electric foot massager, you should always ask your doctor what to do.
Doctor Recommended Foot Massager For Neuropathy
- RENPHO Foot Massager Machine with Heat– Are you ready to experience the best foot massage ever? Meet the RENPHO Foot Massager Machine with Heat. All you have to do is get your feet into a conveniently placed boot, and this machine will deliver kneading shiatsu, heat, and vibration to your tired soles.
- Cloud Massage Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine- This incredible foot, ankle and leg massager uses a deep kneading Shiatsu technique to improve blood flow, reduce inflammation and stimulate muscle recovery, providing pain relief or offering pure and thorough relaxation after a long day. The device is equipped with a lift and lock function that holds your feet in place while the massager performs its magic.
- Snailax Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat– With snailax foot massager, you deserve to give your feet a treat. This foot massage machine has flexible massage nodes that get the job done right. Uniquely created to fit your feet just right, it will cause no irritation on your skin and help relieve pain of neuropathy and plantar fasciitis.
- MIKO Foot Massager Machine– Yoisho is the ultimate massage chair. The Yoisho is designed for you to lay back at up to 120° degrees and enjoy a complete foot massage. Compared to other competitors that have your foot locked in an upright position, the Yoisho gives you a comfortable and relaxed experience with its adjustable seating position.
- Belmint Foot Massager Machine– The Belmint Foot Massager Machine has a deeply penetrating massage for plantar fasciitis and neuropathy. The rolling massage at the bottom of the foot provides relaxation or pain relief, while its variable settings allow for calming vibrations to relieve tension. With these features and its optional heat function, this personal massager machine is sure to please even the most critical massagers.
Foot Massager For Plantar fasciitis
- TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller– The TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller allows you to reconnect with the natural world through calming massage therapy. Using sustainable wood only, this foot massager is kind to you and the earth we all share. The carved wood allows you to find your own sanctuary wherever you might be – in the office or at home.
- Nekteck Foot Massager with Heat– Do you have tired, aching feet? This foot massager is the perfect solution. It has 6 massage heads, 18 rotating massage nodes and a heat function that can be turned on and off manually to suit your preferences. The ergonomic shape fits the foot perfectly, making it even more effective in relaxing muscles and improving blood flow. This product is ideal for Valentines Day gifts for her and him!
- Tumaz Foot Roller, Ergonomic Designed Plantar Fasciitis Massage Roller– Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain and Tumaz Foot Roller is the solution. This ergonomic design allows contact with the whole foot arch, while the nubs on the surface generate acupressure to relieve your pain.
- Ryson Foot Roller Massage Ball for Relief Plantar Fasciitis– Tired of treating Plantar Fasciitis and other foot pain with expensive medications and boring stretches? Meet the Ryson foot roller, which is a unique and effective method for self-massaging your feet, ankles, heels, hamstrings and calves. This massage set is made from premium EVOL material to ensure long-lasting use.
- Foot Massager Machine Shiatsu Foot and Calf Massager Plantar Fasciitis– If you are looking to relieve your tired and aching feet, then the Shiatsu Foot and Calf Massager is for you! The set features three different massage modes as well as a remote control so you can use it even if you’re reading or working from your desk. Treat your feet like royalty with this all-in-one foot massager, which features a removable silicone pad that’s easy to clean.
Foot Massager For Circulation
- CINCOM Leg Massager for Foot– Are your legs tired after a long day? Let CINCOM’s Leg Massager for Foot give them the massage they deserve. Enjoy a comfortable air pressure massage by choosing one of 2 different working modes easily via the handheld controller. Regular massage helps relieve accumulative tension and fatigue.
- Nekteck Leg Massager with Air Compression for Circulation– Feeling stressed out from work? This foot massager will have you relaxing in no time. The high-quality massage therapy will help you feel refreshed, relaxed and energized – it’s a great gift for anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet!
- FIT KING Leg and Foot Massager with Heat– Fit King has developed an air compression leg and foot massager that simulates kneading and stroking of tissues can massage from foot to leg and helps those who have troubles with feet and legs, such as joint ache, feet swelling, leg edema.
- Nekteck Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Soothing Heat– The Shiatsu Foot Massager can accommodate feet up to size US -11. The ergonomic design fits a variety of foot sizes and the removable and washable foot covers make this electric foot massager hygienic and convenient for multiple users.
- FIT KING Leg Massager with Heat for Circulation– The comfortable sequential compression is suitable for everyone, especially for those who suffer from varicose veins and swelling of the legs because it reduces pressure points in the body and stimulates blood circulation. With a handheld controller, you can quickly adjust multiple modes from massaging to warming and even heating until reaching the desired levels of intensity.
Foot Massager With Heat
- RENPHO Foot Massager Machine with Heat– Foot massage, relax the whole body. The RENPHO foot massager machine, equipped with a rotation ball, rolling stick, and heating offers a deep kneading Shiatsu foot massage. 3 kneading and 3 squeeze intensities can be adjusted to personal preference. Please use start from intensity level low and stop using it if you feel uncomfortable. Like a professional foot massage.
- Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat– Say hello to your new best friend! This electric foot massager comes with an extra long cord (2 meters!), so you can enjoy the perfect self-massage at any preferred spot in your home or office. It is super durable and crafted with a uniquely modern and high end design which makes it the perfect gift idea for any of your loved ones!
- Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine– Miko Shiatsu foot and calf massager is a smart home appliance that does it all and makes an excellent gift for anyone who has pain from achy muscles or joint pains because it makes your legs feel rejuvenated and relaxed. The machine has 5 pressure settings, 3 massage modes, with trembling action and heat therapy that work together to give you what you need most in this busy world.
One of the most tried and true methods of relieving nagging pain is to give yourself a foot massage. I’ve put up a list of the top foot massagers for neuropathy/pain that you can buy in 2022. Your pick will be based on your requirements and the size of your feet. Do not put up with the discomfort in your leg.