Contrary to what you might think, whitening teeth is not an easy task. Sure, it’s quick and convenient — but the main problem with these pens is that they’re messy and considered harmful to your teeth (even if they’re advertised as being “safe,” they aren’t). And while most of them will technically get the job done, only a select few can be considered truly effective — which is why we put together this list.
Our 5 Favorite Whitening Pens for Teeth
Best Whitening Pens for Teeth In 2022
1. Colgate Optic White Overnight Teeth Whitening Pen
|Active Ingredients||Hydrogen peroxide|
|Item Weight||0.08 Ounces|
Whiten teeth while you sleep. In as little as a week (two weeks of treatment is recommended for best results), these Optic White teeth whitening pens whiten your teeth up to two shades and have 15X more whitening power in 1 treatment versus brushing alone, unlike other tooth whitening pens. The whitening pen pack includes one tooth whitener pen and one overnight stand for easy storage next to the sink or countertop.
Gentle Whitening: We know teeth whitening sensitive teeth can be a pain. That’s why our enamel-safe tooth whitening gel formula has been designed for no sensitive teeth during and after the whitening process. Easy to Use: Click the back of the pen to dispense the unique formula to clean, dry teeth. The teeth stain remover formula dries quickly and whitens your teeth overnight. To remove, simply brush your teeth when you wake up to white teeth.
Click the pen until a small drop of serum appears on the brush tip. (First use might take up to 20 clicks to get that first drop to appear)
Dry teeth with a tissue. Apply a single thin layer of serum to each tooth and wait 10-15 seconds for the clear film to form.
The dried coating stays on your teeth to whiten overnight.
The next morning, brush-like normal to remove the coating and reveal your brighter, whiter smile.
4 Simple Ingredients
Remove 15 years of stains in 1 week with a serum 100% made up of 4 items: hydrogen peroxide, alcohol solvent, copolymer & water.
Easy to use, precision brush lets you target the surface of each tooth. For best results, dry teeth before application. The enamel-safe whitening serum dries in seconds to form a film that whitens teeth overnight. And when you’re done, close cap tightly until you hear a click to prevent drying out.
Works While You Sleep
Gentle whitening experience to brighten your smile while you sleep. It’s designed for no tooth sensitivity during or after the whitening process. Avoid contact with gums and lips, as it may cause a tingling sensation.
Advanced Technology That Delivers Results
Overnight whitening, 35 nightly treatments in one pen, remove 15 years of stains in one week. That truly is whitening that works.
- The Optic White teeth whitener pen features a precision brush to target the surface of each tooth and a clickable top to easily control gel amount
- To use, follow your regular oral care routine, dry your teeth, click the whitening pen, apply a layer onto your teeth, sleep, and brush your teeth in the morning for a brighter smile
- Our advanced whitening technology is fast and effective, use nightly for best results. Each pen has 35 nightly uses, so you can touch-up when you need to
- Our whitening formula is powered by hydrogen peroxide and is safe for sensitive teeth and gums
2. AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Pen
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Material Type Free||Gluten Free|
If you’re a busy person looking for a hassle-free way to whiten your teeth, then get ready to experience the most powerful solution to a whiter smile in just 1 minute per day. No more dentist visits, annoying moldable trays or products that take hours to use. This pen will whiten your teeth AND save you time so you can focus on the important things in life!
Whiten Your Teeth In Under 1 Minute
Smile wide, twist the pen to expose the gel onto the brush, and paint onto each tooth. After 1 minute, relax your smile and the gel will whiten your teeth without any sensitivity. The soft brush bristles allow you to precisely whiten each tooth and get into crevices so you are left with an all-around white smile. Repeat use 1-2 times per day for best results and avoid eating or drinking for 1 hour for best results.
See-Through Tube Design
The AuraGlow teeth whitening pen has a clear tube design so you can clearly see the amount of gel being used and left.
High-Quality Whitening Gel
Our gel contains 35% carbamide peroxide, which is a safe form of peroxide used for whitening the teeth.
Advanced Portable Whitening
The pen measures 5” and has a sleek tube design so it fits in any purse, pocket or storage area.
- Compact and portable whitening pen makes it effortless to whiten your teeth at home or on the move. Simply twist the bottom of the pen to expose the whitening gel and paint onto each tooth to whiten in under 1 minute. No trays, molds, dentist visits or mess to deal with!
- Innovative clear tube design allows you to see exactly how much whitening gel is being used and is left in the pen. The whitening gel is thick to prevent leakage and the pen device uses a strong twisting mechanism to push the gel through the brush tip for each use. Avoid low-quality competitor whitening pens that leak, break or aren’t full of gel!
- Contains 35% Carbamide Peroxide whitening gel to break down and remove stains on the surface of the teeth from coffee, wine, soda, tea, smoking and more! Pen includes 15+ whitening treatments and gel comes in a cool, mint-flavor for a refreshing smile every time. Gel is made in USA, gluten-free, kosher and safe for enamel.
- Use this pen 1-2 times per day. See visible results after just a few treatments and get 4-8 shades whiter with consecutive use. Perfect for removing years of stains or maintaining your already bright and beautiful smile!
- The pen measures 5” and has a sleek tube design so it fits in any purse, pocket or storage area. The flexible brush tip makes it easy to paint the whitening gel inside crevices and across the surface of the teeth — so every visible part of your smile is whitened!
3. Go Smile On The Go Teeth Whitening Pen
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Material Type Free||Preservative Free, Sulfate Free|
You can’t get any simpler than the GO SMILE On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen; a portable brush pen that easily fits into your pocket or purse. Every day, your teeth are exposed to food and drinks that can stain your teeth. Since teeth are porous, stains can soak deep inside the enamel unless you act quickly. Our teeth whitening pen takes just seconds a day, and your teeth will be noticeably whiter after only a few days! A convenient and affordable way to whiten your smile.
How it Works
Each pen provides plenty of whitening; just turn the dial. Brush the serum onto teeth twice a day, at home or on the go. The serum dissolves away, leaving you with a light minty taste. It takes just seconds a day, and your teeth will be noticeably whiter after just a few days!
Just-Brushed Feeling with No Sink Required
Simply turn the dial on the teeth whitening pen and brush the serum onto teeth twice a day right after meals or drinking dark liquids. – The soft brush tip evenly coats the surfaces of teeth and allows you to get the whitening serum between teeth and in hard-to-reach places, for an all-over bright, beautiful smile.
Our teeth whitening serum safely penetrates deep to whiten teeth thoroughly, then dissolves cleanly away with a refreshing mint aftertaste left behind. – Quickly prevent new stains from setting so you can maintain your white healthy smile
Each GO SMILE On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen contains enough teeth whitening serum for one week with a twice a day application. Alternatively, you can use it once a day to maintain the results achieved with any other GO SMILE teeth whitening products.
Do not eat, drink, or rinse for 20 minutes after applying. Should you swallow some of the whitening serum as you use the GO SMILE On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen, it is safe to do so and it will not affect the treatment.
4. Smilebriter Teeth Whitening Gel Pens
|Product Benefits||Whitening, Reduces Oral Bacteria, Stain Removal, Freshen Breath|
|Product Benefits||Whitening, Reduces Oral Bacteria, Stain Removal, Freshen Breath|
Get professional tooth whitening results from home with the Smilebriter Teeth Whitening Gel Pens. It is the system you have been waiting for to give you a cruelty-free, natural dental cleaning, and tooth whitening treatment. We use the highest quality ingredients to make your smile glow and they are safe for sensitive teeth too. Peroxide and other extra strength ingredients safely whiten your teeth without the need for a caustic bleach. Your dazzling smile will radiate confidence.
No more hiding your coffee stained and yellow teeth behind your hand when you speak. Unlike our competitors that are only a cosmetic treatment, our pens contain Xylitol, a nonfermentable sugar, which helps prevent tooth decay and reduces dry mouth. The peppermint oil will freshen your breath. Imagine how great you will feel with your minty fresh bright white smile.
Simply follow the box instructions and brush the gel on daily, for AM or PM use. The gel will stick on your teeth so the whitening is happening long after you apply it. Throw away the syringes that pump whitener and save hours on your oral care routine.
The whole Smilebriter process only takes a minute or so. Tip: For first time use, point the pen head toward the ground when dispensing and you will notice the gel appear after approximately 10 to 20 twists. There is no reason to wait, no risk, so pick a set up today.
5. Polar Teeth Whitening Pen
|Brand||Polar Teeth Whitening|
If you’re not looking to invest your time and money into a multi-week process, this simple and affordable pen from Polar can help deliver the post-coffee break brightening you need without lightening your wallet too much in the process. You’ll be able to get more than 20 sessions of 15- to 30-minute applications from this Polar pen, all for under $10.
- What is the # 1 thing people notice about us? Our smile so renew your smile today with the Polar Teeth Whitening pen!
- Dental grade gel provides professional results without the expensive dentist pricing. Results are seen best after using the entire pen for 30 minutes per treatment.
- Twist pen until gel appears. Paint on the front of your teeth. OK to use with or without trays. Allow it to dry and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse when finished. Works even faster with our Polar LED light.
Buying Guide To Whitening Pens for Teeth
Travel-Friendly Teeth Whitening
At-home whitening products such as toothpaste, trays, and strips are more convenient than the teeth whitening procedures offered by your dentist. Unfortunately, you can’t carry them with you.
A teeth whitening pen comes in a sleek package that you can easily slip into your pocket or bag. Its travel-friendly size allows for daily use and ensures that you can follow the recommended treatment even when you’re busy.
Since the gel is tightly sealed in a pen, it won’t leave a sticky mess in your bag or pocket — unlike teeth whitening chewing gums which sometimes get opened while in their foil packaging.
Quick and Worry-Free Application
Whitening trays have to be left on for 1 to 2 hours or overnight, so it can disrupt your sleep and schedule. Strips must stay on for 30 minutes to an hour. Then, you have to remove it.
A teeth whitening pen is so much easier to use than at-home products. You just have to apply it on your teeth and go about your daily routine.
Precise Teeth Whitening
Other products bleach all of your teeth, including those that don’t require whitening. A teeth whitening pen allows you to target stained teeth and leave out pearly whites.
Safer to Use
Most over-the-counter (OTC) teeth whiteners are either abrasive or expose most of the gums to peroxide. This can cause sensitive teeth and gum irritation.
Whitening pens use bleach to give you a brighter smile. Unlike whitening toothpaste, which usually contains abrasive ingredients, bleach is non-abrasive, so it doesn’t strip off the protective enamel of your teeth. Since you can control the coverage of the whitening gel, you can stop just before the gum line to prevent irritation.
Faster Whitening Effects
At-home teeth whiteners contain 3% hydrogen peroxide or 10 to 22% carbamide peroxide. Though effective, it takes longer to see results.
Teeth whitening pens have higher concentrations of bleach. They contain up to 30% hydrogen peroxide and up to 35% carbamide peroxide. Professional whitening procedures use 15% to 43% of hydrogen peroxide, so whitening pens offer a middle ground in terms of potency.
The Bottom Line
Teeth whitening pens are a great alternative to the more traditional teeth whitening methods. People who take their teeth seriously, as well as others trying to maintain healthy teeth, tend to enjoy teeth whitening pens because they are easy to use and provide noticeable results in a decent amount of time. If you want whiter teeth at home, consider using these pens until they wear out or expire. Then you can move on to professional treatments at the dentist’s office or even other forms of treatment.