Turmeric supplements have gained popularity in the last few years, and for good reason. This spice has countless uses beyond what one can imagine. However, not all brands are good enough to deserve your attention. To avoid getting into a sticky situation, you must carefully read the label before buying any turmeric supplement to know exactly what you’re putting in your body. The only way to know that is by checking the label of different brands available in the market and sifting through their ingredients to weed out the most suitable ones.
Consumer Reports Best Turmeric Supplement Reviews
1. Nature’s Bounty Turmeric With Black Pepper Extract
- PROVIDES ANTIOXIDANT SUPPORT(1): Nature’s Bounty Turmeric Plus Black Pepper Extract contains active ingredient Curcumin as well as beneficial flavonoids called Curcuminoids, which act as antioxidants that help to fight free radicals in the body(1)
- LONG HISTORY OF TRADITIONAL USE: In addition to its antioxidant properties, Turmeric has been traditionally used for centuries in India
- 95% CURCUMINOIDS: Nature’s Bounty Turmeric Plus Black Pepper Extract uses Turmeric Extract standardized for 95% Curcuminoids. This is a gold standard in the industry and guarantees consistency in our formula
- WITH BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT: Each capsule contains 5 mg of Black Pepper Extract, also known as BioPerine (1)
- ROM THE TRUSTED WELLNESS EXPERTS: Nature’s Bounty Turmeric + Black Pepper Extract is a product of 50 years of dedication to quality. Try it if you’ve enjoyed supplements from Garden of Life, Vitafusion, Centrum, Alive, Nordic Naturals,or Nature Made
|Special Ingredients||ERROR: #N/A|
|Recommended Uses For Product||ERROR: #N/A|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Support your antioxidant health with Nature’s Bounty Turmeric Plus Black Pepper Extract. Traditionally used for centuries in India, Turmeric contains the active ingredient Curcumin along with beneficial flavonoids called Curcuminoids, which act as antioxidants to help fight free radicals in the body. Our Turmeric supplement uses Turmeric Extract standardized for 95% Curcuminoids: a gold standard in the industry. Each capsule contains 1,000 mg of Turmeric along with 5 mg of Black Pepper Extract.
Looking for Turmeric pills? Nature’s Bounty Turmeric Plus Black Pepper Extract is non-GMO, gluten free, sugar-free, contains no milk or lactose, and is free of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Each pack contains 60 Turmeric capsules. (1)These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Driving Innovation Through Scientific Expertise
Our Scientific Advisory Council is made up of some of the most respected scientists and researchers in the field who play a key role in the Company’s product innovation and scientific advancement.
Quality You Can Count On
Every Nature’s Bounty Product is subjected to numerous quality tests and assays throughout the manufacturing process to verify purity and full potency.
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It
We’re proud that our products are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities that meet FDA’s current Good Manufacturing Practices. These facilities are also regularly audited to ensure that all policies, procedures, and documentation practices are followed to manufacture safe and effective products.
2. BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
|Recommended Uses For Product||Healthy Inflammatory,High Potency|
|Diet Type||Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
Bioschwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, and shellfish. In addition to the benefits of regular turmeric/curcumin, it has been enhanced with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving and 10mg of Bioperine (black pepper). This proprietary formula provides 1500mg of turmeric curcuminoids per dose; that’s more than 3x more than our regular-strength product!
FROM 100% PURE TURMERIC POWDER
We use the purest, premium quality Turmeric powder to manufacture our Turmeric Curcumin supplement. The Turmeric extract and curcumin used in this supplement are grown under the strictest quality control standards. All the ingredients are also tested for heavy metals and solvent residues.
FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONALS
Every ingredient inside of BioSchwartz Turmeric with BioPerine (Premium Joint & Healthy Inflammatory Support Supplement) was carefully selected and combined by a team of healthcare professionals to achieve maximum potency and efficiency. Our supplement is the result of unparalleled science, research, and strict quality control standards that makes us stand apart from the competition.
SUPERIOR ABSORPTION WITH BIOPERINE*
Our Premium Turmeric Capsules have 10mg of BioPerine per serving to increase absorption and bioavailability by up to 2000%. *Curcumin can only be effectively absorbed by our system when it is combined with piperine, the key compound in black pepper. That is why to achieve the best health benefits of Turmeric, we suggest you always buy Turmeric with Black Pepper or BioPerine.
3. Nature Made Turmeric Curcumin Supplement
- Antioxidant support herbal supplement: contains one 120 count bottle of Nature Made Turmeric Curcumin 500 mg capsules for a 120-day supply
- These Turmeric capsules provide antioxidant benefits to help neutralize free radicals in the body
- This Turmeric Curcumin supplement is guaranteed to contain at least 47.5 mg total curcuminoids per capsule
- Adults take one of these Turmeric supplements daily with water and a meal
- Made in the USA with quality global ingredients, these gluten free Turmeric 500 mg capsules have no color added, no artificial flavors and no preservatives
|Special Ingredients||Preservative Free, Gluten Free, No Flavor|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Antioxidant benefits|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Nature Made Turmeric Curcumin 500 mg Capsules are herbal supplements that provide antioxidant benefits. Sourced from high-quality ingredients, these gluten free Turmeric Curcumin supplements have no artificial flavors, no color added, and no preservatives.
This Turmeric supplement is made with standardized Turmeric extract and gets its vibrant yellow color from Curcumin, which provides an antioxidant activity that helps neutralize free radicals in the body. Adults take one of these Turmeric 500 mg capsules daily with water and a meal for at least 47.5 mg of total curcuminoids per capsule.
Nature Made supplements are quality you can trust. (1)Based on a survey of pharmacists who recommend branded vitamins and supplements.
Quality You Can Trust
Made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes, so you get the supplements you need.
Rooted In Science
Scientific research is at the heart of everything we do. We only make dietary supplements that science supports as being safe and providing real benefits.
Product To Fit Your Lifestyle
At Nature Made, we’re committed to finding the perfect combination of vitamins and supplements for a healthier, more vibrant you.
4. NatureWise Curcumin Turmeric Supplement
- NATUREWISE ORGANIC CURCUMIN: with 95% curcuminoids packs 750mg of Organic Curcumin into each capsule. 180 capsules per bottle. At our max serving size of three capsules per day, you will receive 2250 mg of organic curcumin per daily serving
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION: Curcumin by itself is poorly absorbed by the body. Our turmeric with black pepper capsules are enhanced with ginger and Bioperine, a patented black pepper extract proven to dramatically increase bioavailability
- PLANT-BASED ANTIOXIDANT: with 95% curcuminoids that supports healthy inflammation, discourages oxidative stress and deterioration, and promotes cardiovascular and joint health
- HEART, BRAIN, & JOINT HEALTH: Curcumin supplements are often used as joint supplements and heart health supplements because of their positive effects on healthy circulation, inflammation response, and anti oxidant action
- PREMIUM ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Organic Curcumin with 95% curcuminoids and Organic Ginger and BioPerine is gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO. Manufactured in the USA, with each batch tested for safety and purity. TAKE DAILY WITH MEALS, PACKAGING MAY VARY
|Recommended Uses For Product||Cardiovascular Health|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||180 Count|
The Ancient Spice That Heals Turmeric has been used for centuries as food and medicine, dating back at least 4000 years. Modern medicine has begun to recognize its importance as well — as indicated by the over 3000 studies dealing with turmeric that have been published within the last 25 years. Turmeric continues to garner attention from the health community, thanks to its antioxidant properties and potential to promote a healthy inflammatory response.
Compound Phenol Formula Curcumin is an active polyphenol in turmeric. Polyphenols are plant-based antioxidants, and evidence for their role in preventing degenerative conditions is increasing. NatureWise Organic Turmeric Curcumin additionally includes organic ginger, a polyphenol with complementary antioxidant properties. The combined support of Turmeric curcumin and ginger may assist in several protective functions in the GI tract and in the liver, and in several studies, curcumin has demonstrated anti-inflammatory activity.
Derived from Organic Turmeric Unlike some products which use lab-created synthetic curcumin, we only use curcumin that is naturally derived from organic turmeric root, combined with organic ginger root and patented BioPerine black pepper extract. Enhanced Bioavailability Despite their extraordinary potential, many herbs can have limited benefits due to poor absorption.
Our formula includes organic ginger and BioPerine black pepper extract to improve the bioavailability and benefits of curcumin. BioPerine has been clinically shown to increase absorption by as much as 4x, making NatureWise Organic Turmeric Curcumin more effective than other formulas that do not contain clinically proven bioenhancers. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Nature is Smart. We Can Prove it.
Our supplements are made with clean, natural, clinically researched ingredients that deliver real benefits — including branded ingredients that have been tested for safety and efficacy.
We draw on cutting-edge research to harness nature’s intelligence for a healthier body, mind, and nervous system — and create smart, plant-based products that support your well-being by working with nature, not against it.
Natural Support for a Life Well Lived
Wellness isn’t just about living longer — it’s about living better. You want to feel your best so that you can unfold your true potential and enjoy your life to the fullest — it’s only natural.
At NatureWise, we believe that true well-being is created from the inside out. Our supplements are designed to work with your body’s natural intelligence and your own positive life choices to support your well-being and inspire your best life.
Put Good In, Get Good Out
“When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” –Eleanor Brown
When our needs are met, we have more to offer to the people around us. Self-care is the foundation from which we can branch out into caring for the people around us and the planet we live on for a kinder, greener, more harmonious world.
5. Nature’s Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine 95% Curcuminoids
- Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine: Our premium T3 Turmeric Curcumin Complex 1950mg, with standardized 95% Curcuminoids and 15mg Bioperine (Black Pepper) for best absorption
- Effective Ingredients: Turmeric is arguably one of the most powerful herbs on the planet; Curcumin specifically, is one of the primary compounds in turmeric powder, has been reported to be one of the most advantageous herbs, making Turmeric Curcumin a nutrient rich powerhouse
- With Bioperine for Best Absorption: BioPerine, a patented black pepper extract has been shown to improve the absorption of many herbs and spices; Our Turmeric Curcumin Extract with BioPerine black pepper supplement provides as much as 2000x better absorption than consuming normal turmeric capsules alone
- Trusted Formula: Our Turmeric is formulated and manufactured in the USA following strict cGMP guidelines; Our Turmeric with BioPerine is third party tested to assure the quality and purity of each batch
- Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine Black Pepper best bio capsules complex cucumin cucurmin curcuma curcummin curcurim extract ginger herbal made joint mg nature natures nutrition relief root supplement supplements tumeric tumerick tummeric tumric turmic turneric 1000mg 1500mg vitamins
|Special Ingredients||Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anti-Inflammatory|
Nature’s Nutrition premium Turmeric Curcumin has been shown to support joint health. Our Turmeric supplement features high-potency 95% standardized curcuminoids with BioPerine (black pepper extract) for improved turmeric absorption.
Turmeric with BioPerine is a natural herb to support joint health. Curcumin, the most potent compound in turmeric, curcumin supports normal joint health and natural comfort. Our Turmeric Curcumin supplement also contributes to your overall well being by supporting immune support.
Our turmeric curcumin capsules with BioPerine black pepper extract provide up to 2,000 times more absorption than consuming turmeric alone. Each serving contains 1,800 mg of turmeric curcumin, 150 mg of turmeric 95% curcuminoids, and 15 mg of BioPerine black pepper extract for improved absorption and increased bioavailability.
Natural and GMO Free
Our natural, vegan, non-GMO turmeric curcumin capsules are proudly manufactured in the USA. This natural herbal supplement includes 60 vegetarian capsules that are free of soy, milk, egg, shellfish, corn, wheat, and peanuts.
6. DOCTOR SAFE Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine
- If you’re looking for a natural way to reduce inflammation, promote joint pain relief, support your digestive system, and boost your skin health you’ve come to the right place. Our potent turmeric curcumin capsules are safe and effective.
- Your daily dose of turmeric curcumin supplement supports positive effects on healthy circulation and inflammation response. We added bioperine black pepper to improve absorption of our herbs. Feel the Doctor Safe difference as you work towards a healthier you.
- Turmeric has been used for its health benefits for nearly 4500 years and is considered one of the most nutritious herbs. The curcuminoids in turmeric discourage oxidative stress and deterioration while promoting cardiovascular and joint health.
- Our expert tumeric supplement with bioperine formulation is high in strength and potency to deliver unmatched efficacy and results. We use only high-quality ingredients and add a proprietary Elderberry blend to every formulation for an added layer of immune-boosting support.
- Our mission at Doctor Safe is to deliver high quality supplements without compromise. Each bottle is carefully crafted in the United States and is certified and inspected by a 3rd party lab. Our capsules are free from fillers and preservatives.
|Special Ingredients||Turmeric Root Powder, BioPerine, Curcumin, Elderberry|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anti-Inflammatory|
Doctor Safe Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine contains 1000mg of turmeric curcumin that improves joint pain relief and aids in supporting a healthy inflammation response. Our potent turmeric curcumin capsules are safe and effective because we added bioperine black pepper to improve absorption by your body. Doctor Safe Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals throughout the body, so you can live healthier every day.
Formulated for effectiveness
Specially formulated by our in-house experts to deliver unmatched efficacy and results. We use only high-quality ingredients and add a proprietary elderberry blend to every formulation for an added layer of immune-boosting protection.
Sourced to Perfection
Our team of nutrition experts source only the highest quality raw ingredients from the industry’s most respected growers and suppliers.
Built off Transparency
Our mission at Doctor Safe is to provide you with the piece of mind that only a completely transparent manufacturing process can deliver. not only provide you with your nutritional needs but also guide you on your path to health and well-being.
All ingredients are tested upon receipt, with the finished product tested post bottling and again by an accredited 3rd party testing facility prior to shipping. to ensure adherence to our rigorous brand and quality standard.
7. Garden of Life mykind Organics Extra Strength Turmeric Inflammatory
- Supports the body’s healthy inflammatory function and antioxidant response
- 100mg curcumin from organic whole turmeric root - plus ginger root - both fermented to support bioavailability
- Probiotics & organic black pepper extract for enhanced digestion
- Nutrients from real foods using water extraction & clean tablet technology with 100% organic & non-GMO tablet materials - no soy or corn-derived ingredients or chemicals
- Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, NSF Certified Gluten Free, Certified Vegan & Kosher
|Recommended Uses For Product||Digestive Health|
|Brand||Garden of Life|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
Turmeric root (especially curcumin) has been long known for its antioxidant and healthy inflammation response properties. Our Extra Strength turmeric contains 100mg of curcumin. For an additional boost, we’ve added organic whole turmeric and ginger root fermented to support their bioavailability.
Certified USDA Organic
– Commitment to clean ingredients enforced from start to finish.
– No prohibited herbicides, pesticides, or fungicides.
– No usage of GMOs, hormones, or antibiotics.
Certified Non-GMO Project Verified*
– The gold standard and most rigorous testing to ensure no GMOs throughout the entire supply chain.
– Rigorous traceability and segregation practices for ingredient integrity.
– Does not contain meat, fish, fowl, animal by-products (including silk or dyes from insects), eggs or egg products, milk or milk products, honey or honey bee products.
– Involves no animal testing of ingredients or finished products by the supplier, producer, manufacturer, or independent party.
8. Horbäach Turmeric and Ginger Supplement
- MORE THAN A SPICE: Turmeric is a potent source of Curcuminoids and staple to Ayurvedic traditions
- TURMERIC & GINGER: Our formula features this powerful duo in convenient, Quick-Release softgels
- OPTIMAL ABSORPTION: Enhanced with standardized Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum)
- HORBAACH MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- NATURALLY FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Lactose, Soy, Artificial Preservatives & NON-GMO
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||180.00 Count|
Horbäach Turmeric and Ginger Supplement is an easy way to get all of the benefits of this potent source of Curcuminoids in a convenient, Quick-Release softgel. The formula also includes Piper nigrum which is standardized to contain 95% piperine, an ingredient that has been shown to enhance the absorption of nutrients. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or health condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition. See the product label for more information.
Supplementing with Turmeric & Ginger:
For ages, Turmeric and Ginger have been paired together synergistically in herbal supplements. They contain Vitamins & Minerals and other naturally- occurring nutrients such as Curcuminoids. This root duo has been a staple of Ayurvedic and folk traditions for centuries and continues to grow in popularity!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
How to get Turmeric & Ginger:
Today, there are a variety of products that feature these beneficial herbs. The most common include Pills, Capsules Powder, Tablets, Tea, Adult Gummies, and more. Though, the quality of the supplement is contingent on the source of herbs. Looking for a trusted source for Turmeric & Ginger?
Horbaach’s Turmeric & Ginger:
Horbaach’s Turmeric & Ginger Complex is the best way to reap the benefits of these phenomenal herbs. Our convenient, quick release softgels contain Turmeric, Ginger, and Astragalus, plus Black Pepper Extract for maximum absorption. We are passionate about premium sourcing, which is why our Non-GMO & Gluten- Free formula contains no Artificial Sweetener or Preservatives. Spice up your collection today with this dynamic blend for advanced support!
9. NATURE’S BASE Turmeric Curcumin Supplement
- Trusted Formula: Turmeric and ginger are two of nature's most powerful ingredients. They're both associated with an array of health benefits, including the ability to reduce post-exercise inflammation as well as maintaining joint mobility! Nature's Base Turmeric & Ginger has quality ingredients like Turmeric Curcumin with Black Pepper, Ginger, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Hawthorn Berry.
- Powerful Ingredients: This turmeric curcumin is enhanced with bioperine, a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements. It also includes Hawthorn Berry, which provides a wide range of powerful antioxidant benefits that enhance our uniquely formulated blend.
- Detox & Body Cleanse: Our turmeric herbal supplement has apple cider vinegar, a traditional ancient superfood. ACV is often used by those on the journey to a healthier lifestyle, whether through weight loss or improved digestion.
- Joint & Muscle Support: This tumeric curcumin supplement has natural antioxidants, which can help reduce post-exercise inflammation. This supplement can be used to provide joint & muscle support when you need it most.
- Easy Intake: Our turmeric curcumin supplement is professionally formulated in the USA with global ingredients in a tiny & convenient capsule form. Take two capsules daily, with a meal and water, or as instructed by a healthcare professional.
|Recommended Uses For Product||Joint Health, Antioxidant|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||60 Count|
Nature’s Base Turmeric Curcumin with Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar, 95% Curcuminoids, Tumeric Supplements, Occasional Joint Relief, Inflammatory Response, Natural Plant Based Anti-Oxidant Properties. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any other dietary supplement.
DO NOT use if the safety seal is broken or missing. Store in a cool, dry place. Before beginning daily use, take 1 capsule and wait 24 hours to rule out any possibility of any potential side effects. Warning: Please note that in some rare cases taking supplements may cause upset stomach, heartburn, bloating, constipation, fatigue, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and reactions including rash, itching, coughing, swelling, or sickness.
If you experience these or any other adverse effects or other reactions, you should immediately discontinue the use of the product and contact your physician.
10. Qunol Turmeric Curcumin Capsules
- 40X BETTER ABSORPTION: Qunol Extra Strength Turmeric Curcumin complex has a patented water dispersion technology which delivers Ultra High Absorption when compared to regular turmeric which does not dissolve in water, dissolves poorly in fat, and has poor absorption
- #1 DR. RECOMMENDED: Qunol Turmeric contains 1000 mg of Bioenhanced Turmeric Complex and is the #1 Dr. Recommended form of turmeric curcumin
- TWO MONTH SUPPLY of Extra Strength Turmeric, an alternative to turmeric curcumin with black pepper
- THE POWER OF CURCUMINOIDS: Turmeric provides one of nature's best kept secrets, curcuminoids, a group of antioxidants that supports healthy inflammation response associated with physical overexertion
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY INFLAMMATION RESPONSE AND JOINT HEALTH: Get moving. Qunol Turmeric supports healthy inflammation response associated with physical overexertion and can also help promote joint comfort
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anti-Inflammatory|
May help reduce temporary inflammation associated with physical overexertion or other lifestyle choices. This product is not intended to treat, prevent or cure inflammation associated with any disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Qunol’s Extra Strength Turmeric Curcumin Complex disperses in water to provide ultra high absorption in the body.
The Power of Curcumin
Curcumin is an antioxidant that supports a healthy inflammation response* and joint health†* benefits.
The Benefits of Joint Support
Qunol Turmeric supports a healthy inflammation response associated with physical overexertion and can also help promote joint comfort.
Finding the Turmeric Supplements is a Buyer’s Guide
Your body begins to confront new health obstacles as you get older, which you must address through food, exercise, or medical intervention. Joint discomfort, arthritis, inflammation, and a weakened gut are just a few of the key ailments that most seniors face. Each person has a unique set of problems that necessitates a more personalized treatment plan, but one thing that appears to have worked for almost everyone is taking a turmeric supplement.
Turmeric pills have a slew of well-known advantages, as long as you receive the correct dose. Turmeric is high in antioxidants, and studies show that eating enough turmeric can help reduce inflammation, enhance digestive health, and relieve joint pain. Turmeric has a plethora of other potential advantages, making it an excellent supplement to include in your diet.
Although all turmeric pills appear to be the same, there are several crucial differences to keep in mind as you sift through the numerous options on the market.
Consider the following factors
Here are some of the key points to consider when deciding whether or not a turmeric supplement is right for you.
Amount of curcuminoids
While you may be tempted to choose a turmeric supplement that promises to have the highest concentration of turmeric per serving, this is not the ideal option. Instead of concentrating on the entire amount of turmeric in a pill, concentrate on the total amount of curcuminoids.
Curcuminoid is the active element in turmeric that is responsible for all of turmeric’s therapeutic qualities. Some supplement companies make an effort to maintain a consistent amount of curcuminoids in each capsule and indicate the total amount on the back of the bottle. This amount should be double-checked to ensure you’re getting the right amount of curcuminoids per serving.
In general, at least 500mg of curcuminoids per day is required to create an effective healing outcomes in your body, though this may vary depending on your specific needs. Consult your doctor to determine your daily curcuminoid requirement, and then choose a turmeric supplement that meets that requirement.
Bioperine is present.
Bioperine is another element to look for in a turmeric supplement. Bioperine is a black pepper extract that has been shown to increase the absorption of curcuminoids by up to 20 times, which is why most manufacturers make sure to add it to their mix.
There is no set amount of Bioperine that should be included in a turmeric supplement, but it should be proportional to the number of curcuminoids. Some supplements include 5mg per serving, while others have up to 30mg per serving. Of course, choosing a larger dosage is recommended because you want to ensure that the supplement is absorbed properly.
Some supplements include extra substances in order to maximize the number of advantages they deliver. Ginger root is one such component that you might come upon. Ginger root has been shown to aid digestive health, and since turmeric and Bioperine can be difficult to digest for some people, adding some ginger root to the mix may help with digestion.
Additives and allergens
You must ensure that the turmeric supplement you purchase is free of allergens that could create an allergic reaction in your body. Gluten, soy, wheat, and nuts are common allergies. You can double-check this information by looking at the supplement’s bottle.
Furthermore, some supplements contain components that are typically undesirable and should be avoided, such as artificial tastes and colors. Check to see if the supplement you’re considering has any artificial ingredients.
Suitable for vegans
Because the capsule may be constructed from non-vegetarian ingredients, not all turmeric supplements are vegan-friendly. If you’re a vegan, make sure the supplement you’re considering is vegan-friendly. This information is frequently prominently displayed on manufacturers’ bottles, making it simple to check.
Consumption ease and serving size
This is a crucial factor to consider. Some supplements must be taken three times a day, while others are capsules that can be taken once a day. The one-a-day capsules are, of course, easier to swallow. As a result, you should pick a supplement that you can easily and realistically implement into your daily routine.
Furthermore, the nutritional information on the back is supplied per serving size rather than per capsule. If you want to change your dosage, be sure you know how many curcuminoids are in each tablet. By varying the number of capsules you take each day, you can efficiently manage your daily curcuminoid intake.
Turmeric Supplements Come in a Variety of Prices
Because the serving size and suggested consumption frequency vary by brand, determining the price range of turmeric supplements can be difficult. However, if you stick to the manufacturer’s daily dosage, you should be able to purchase a 30-day supply of turmeric supplements for under $20. Some supplements may be less expensive, with a 60-day supply costing approximately $30 and a 120-day supply costing around $12. However, be aware that less priced supplements may contain fewer curcuminoids per serving, making them less effective than more expensive supplements.
FAQs: Turmeric Supplements
Is it better to take turmeric or curcumin?
Curcumin is a plant compound found in turmeric that may offer some health benefits. However, currently, there is no medical research to confirm this. Curcumin and turmeric supplements offer different potential benefits, meaning one may benefit certain conditions more than the other. A doctor can advise on the best option.
Who should not take turmeric supplements?
According to the NCCIH, small amounts of turmeric should be safe for most people. However, the British Heart Foundation (BHF) advises that consuming higher quantities of turmeric may thin the blood, creating potential danger for those taking blood thinners, such as warfarin. The BHF also advises that people with gall bladder conditions should not take turmeric supplements, as they may increase bile production. However, they add that cooking with turmeric should be safe. If a person notices any side effects after taking turmeric supplements, they should see a doctor. Side effects can include upset stomach acid reflux diarrhea dizziness headaches.
What turmeric supplement do doctors recommend?
Doctor’s Best also uses Curcumin C3 Complex turmeric extract. This patented turmeric extract is standardized to contain 95% curcuminoids. The product contains 1,000 mg of the extract and 6 mg of BioPerine per 2-capsule serving.
Is it better to take turmeric powder or capsules?
Turmeric powder is great as a spice, but there are more effective forms for a supplement. Capsules, in general, are our recommended choice as an effective supplement with a minimal hassle attached.
There are several health benefits of turmeric which is making people adopt it on regular basis. It has medicinal value and has been used for many purposes since the ancient period. Some of the recommended ways to take turmeric are by adding it to food items and drinks, consuming it in powder form, or taking it as health supplement capsules. You can choose any of these depending on your quickness. Before you go ahead with any capsule, make sure that the pill is 100% natural and has been prepared under GMP certified facility using authorized ingredients only.