Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that helps your body produce serotonin. Some of the more popular benefits of L-tryptophan include assisting with sleep, reducing blood pressure, and helping to reduce the symptoms of PMS. However, it’s becoming more difficult to find pure L-tryptophan on the market, especially in the US. Manufacturers have been banned from selling tryptophan supplements since 1989 and it’s now classed as a controlled substance. This means that you can only obtain this product through a prescription or by importing it from overseas.
Best Tryptophan Supplement Reviews
1. Horbäach L Tryptophan 1500mg Capsules
- L-TRYPTOPHAN: Essential amino acid that helps synthesize Melatonin and serotonin hormones
- MEGA SUPPORT: Daily capsules deliver 1,500 mg of L-Tryptophan in each serving
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED: Our professional formula is backed by our commitment to purity and potency
- HORBAACH MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- NATURALLY FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Soy, Artificial Flavor, Preservatives & Non-GMO
|Material Feature||GMO-Free, No Artificial Flavors, Gluten Free|
|Item Weight||5.82 Ounces|
|Unit Count||180.00 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.87 x 2.87 x 5.25 inches|
What is L-Tryptophan? L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that cannot be synthesized in the body. Known for helping synthesize hormones serotonin and melatonin, L-Tryptophan is often used in a nighttime routine. Tryptophan is naturally found in lean meats and can also be taken in supplement form.
Supplementing with L-Tryptophan: Supplements such as powders, chewable, tablets, and gummies all provide concentrated support from this amino acid. However, not all supplements are made equal in quality. Horbaach provides you with the quality formula you need to reap the benefits of this powerful compound! Why is our formula the best?
Horbaach L-Tryptophan: Horbaach L-Tryptophan delivers 1,500 mg of this amino acid per serving in convenient quick-release capsules. Our gluten-free and non-GMO formula is lab-tested to ensure exceptional purity and potency and is made with no artificial flavor or preservatives, ensuring a clean wellness experience for your lifestyle. Enjoy superior value with our 180-capsule bulk supply!
Horbaach L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that is found in food and produced by the human body. It’s included in our entry level dietary supplement to enhance mood, sleep patterns, and energy. Our formula delivers 1,500 mg of this amino acid per serving in convenient quick-release capsules. It’s gluten-free and the non-GMO formula is lab-tested to ensure exceptional purity and potency and is made with no artificial flavor or preservatives. To help support your active lifestyle, try our 180-capsule bulk supply!
Take your wellness and nutrition to the next level with Horbaach L-Tryptophan. Our 1,500 mg per serving formula is lab-tested for purity and potency and helps you promote healthy moods and support relaxation through improved sleep. Better value is delivered through our 180-capsule bulk supply!
2. Superior Labs – Pure L-Tryptophan
- MAINTAIN SEROTONIN LEVELS – L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin in the body. This supports multiple brain functions and helps to maintain balance to produce normal sleep.*
- PROMOTES RELAXATION – Our non-GMO L-Tryptophan dietary supplements promote relaxation to support health sleep..*
- ABSOLUTE PURITY - ZERO SYNTHETIC ADDITIVES, FILLERS, HEAVY METALS, ADULTERANTS - You will never see unnecessary additives such as stearates, dioxides, glycerides or fillers other brands use to make manufacturing cheaper, faster and easier. In addition, we put all ingredients and products through rigorous testing to make sure they are 100% free of contaminants.
- UNQUESTIONABLE QUALITY - ALL PRODUCTS PRODUCED IN 3rd PARTY CERTIFIED NSF CERTIFIED FACILITIES. Few are and can pass the stringent standards of NSF. Our products are produced in facilities that have been 3rd party audited and certified for quality by NSF, one of the most stringent quality manufacturing assurance organizations in the industry.
- NO RISK AND NO HASSLE - For almost a decade, we have been delighting Amazon customers. If you are not satisfied with the benefits, results, or are unsatisfied with the product in any other way, please contact us and we'll gladly refund your money in 48 hours or less. That's it - no questions, no hassle, no risk.
|Material Feature||GMO Free|
|Unit Count||120.0 Count|
L-Tryptophan is a smart, safe, and natural amino acid supplement that can help relax your mind and get a good night’s sleep.* L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that is converted in the body to serotonin, which is an important neurotransmitter that supports multiple brain functions. For those with sleep difficulties, L-Tryptophan can help to maintain serotonin levels to support normal sleep.
Superior Labs’ natural and non-GMO L-Tryptophan dietary supplement is designed to promote relaxation.
Perfect Choice For Sleep
Superior Labs L-Tryptophan is pure and non-GMO, making it the perfect choice for sleep supplementation. This l-tryptophan from Superior Labs is an amino acid that converts to serotonin in the body, which supports multiple brain functions to help maintain a healthy balance needed for normal sleep.
Helps Balance Brain Function
Pure L-Tryptophan is a natural sleep aid that promotes relaxation and supports healthy sleep. L-Tryptophan converts to serotonin in the body, which helps balance brain function and promotes relaxation to support healthy sleep.
3. Jigsaw Health 5-HTP w/SRT
- Jigsaw 5-HTP w/SRT supplement helps improve mood, emotional balance, and sleep quality utilizing only the purest form of 5-HTP — sourced from Europe — and combined with our proprietary, sustained release technology (w/SRT) to make this premium 5-HTP supplement.
- Well Being Supplement: Jigsaw 5-HTP w/SRT supplement helps improve mood, emotional balance, and sleep quality; Made with best form of 5-HTP that exists combined with our proprietary, sustained release technology
- Sustained Release Technology: The amount of active ingredient being released over time by Jigsaw Health’s 5-HTP w/ SRT allows it to be to be gradually absorbed and converted where it is most needed in the brain
- Purity You Can Trust: Jigsaw's L-5-Hydroxytryptophan comes from Linnea, a Swiss manufacturer committed to conforming with the highest international standards, guaranteeing the highest purity, efficacy, and safety
- Quality Statement: We understand that your end goal is to feel better and our products have been designed and formulated to make a noticeable difference; We love our products and believe you will too
|Product Benefits||Supplement that helps improve mood, emotional balance, and rest quality utilizing only the purest form of 5-HTPSupplement that helps improve mood, emotional balance, and rest quality utilizing only the purest form of 5-HTP.|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Item Weight||2.4 Ounces|
|Unit Count||1.00 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.9 x 1.7 x 1.7 inches|
Jigsaw 5-HTP w/SRT supplement helps improve mood, emotional balance, and sleep quality; Made with the best form of 5-HTP that exists combined with our proprietary, sustained release technology.
Well being supplement
The amount of active ingredient is released over time by Jigsaw Health’s 5-HTP w/ SRT allows it to be gradually absorbed and converted where it is most needed in the brain.
What makes Jigsaw 5-HTP w/SRT unique?
We’ve taken only the best form of 5-HTP (or 5HTP) that exists — sourced from a European manufacturer, Linnea, which has the purest form of 5-HTP available — and combined it with our proprietary, sustained-release Technology (SRT).
Sustained release technology
Jigsaw 5-HTP w/SRT supplement helps improve mood, emotional balance, and sleep quality; Made with the form of 5-HTP that is combined with our proprietary, sustained release technology.
4. NOW Supplements, L-Tryptophan 500 mg
- SUPPORTS RELAXATION/PREMIUM GRADE: An essential amino acid that is not synthesized by the body and must be obtained by diet or supplementation.
- ENCOURAGES POSITIVE MOOD/PROMOTES RESTFUL SLEEP: Critical for the production of serotonin and melatonin, which help to support a positive mood, healthy sleep patterns, and proper immune system function. Every lot tested to be free of Peak E and microbial contamination.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Soy free, nut free, vegan/vegetarian, non-GMO, egg free, dairy free, made without gluten
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
|Product Benefits||Support Health|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Item Weight||0.32 Pounds|
|Unit Count||120 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6 x 5 x 4 inches|
L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid; therefore, it is not synthesized by the body and must be obtained from the diet. L-Tryptophan is critical for the production of serotonin and melatonin, which help to support a positive mood, healthy sleep patterns, and proper immune system function. Every lot of NOW L-Tryptophan is tested to be free of Peak E and microbial contamination.
L-Tryptophan, an essential amino acid, helps support a positive mood, healthy sleep patterns, and immune system function.
Support Healthy Moods
NOW L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that plays a key role in the production of serotonin and melatonin, which help to support healthy moods, sleep patterns, and immune system function.
5. LES Labs Mood Boost, Anxiety Relief Supplement
- NATURAL CALMING MOOD SUPPLEMENT. Mood Boost's natural formula helps relieve occasional stress & anxiety quickly.
- PROMOTES POSITIVE MOOD. 5-HTP naturally promotes positive mood. L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine help to relieve stress and anxiety. GABA acts quickly to calm the mind and assists in mood support.
- STRESS RELIEVING HERBAL BLEND. Passion flower, ashwagandha, rhodiola rosea, and chamomile extracts are packed into Mood Boost to help promote relaxation and the body's natural ability to cope with stress.
- POWERFUL NATURAL FORMULA. Mood Boost contains natural herbal extracts & botanicals designed to promote more restful sleep.
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. Try Mood Boost and see how it works for you. All LES Labs supplements include a 60-day money-back guarantee - just contact LES Labs if you're not completely happy & healthy for a refund. Our supplements are manufactured in the USA with the highest-quality ingredients from around the world.
|Recommended Uses For Product||Anxiety Relief|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
The first day of taking it I started noticing a huge difference. I no longer feel exhausted just from existing. I have the energy for self care, including working out 5-6 days per week! I’m more patient with my kids, more focused in general, and sleeping better. I am cool as a cucumber in busy stores and I’m knocking stuff off my to-do list.
NATURAL CALMING MOOD SUPPLEMENT
Mood Boost’s natural formula helps relieve occasional stress & anxiety quickly.
PROMOTES A POSITIVE MOOD
5-HTP naturally promotes a positive mood. L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine help to relieve stress and anxiety. GABA acts quickly to calm the mind and assists in mood support.
STRESS RELIEVING HERBAL BLEND
Passion flower, ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, and chamomile extracts are packed into Mood Boost to help promote relaxation and the body’s natural ability to cope with stress.
POWERFUL NATURAL FORMULA
Mood Boost contains natural herbal extracts & botanicals designed to promote more restful sleep.
What you should know before purchasing a tryptophan supplement
Tryptophan is mostly used as a sleep aid. It aids in the generation of serotonin and melatonin in the brain when accompanied by a healthy diet. According to the National Institutes of Health, both of these chemicals have the potential to improve the quality of your sleep. According to the National Institutes of Health, serotonin is linked to enhanced mood and anxiety reduction, while melatonin is linked to your body’s circadian rhythm, also known as the sleep-wake cycle. In some patients, a lack of tryptophan has been linked to anxiety and depression, according to other studies.
Taking tryptophan as a supplement, like most supplements, may have some negative side effects. Although rare, some people have reported nausea, dry mouth, and diarrhea after using tryptophan supplements. In large doses, it can produce drowsiness, and there’s a risk of over-raising serotonin levels, especially if you’re currently on an antidepressant.
In the evening, avoid using electronic gadgets. Blue light from smartphones and computers can interfere with the creation of melatonin in your brain, keeping you awake.
During the day, get enough sunlight. This will help you maintain a healthy circadian rhythm.
In the afternoon and evening, avoid caffeinated beverages like coffee or tea.
Avoid drinking alcohol before bedtime since it can interfere with sleep by disrupting melatonin production.
If you have severe insomnia, try taking natural supplements like valerian root, magnesium, or lavender.
What should you look for in a good tryptophan supplement?
The Food and Drug Administration does not regulate tryptophan capsules, as it does all supplements. Look for third-party certificates on the supplement’s box to confirm its quality. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) can certify components as organic, while Vegan Action can attest that a supplement does not include any animal byproducts.
Some supplements include botanicals and chemical components that are proven to help with sleep. L-theanine, according to the National Institutes of Health, is another amino acid that enhances sleep quality, and plants like valerian root have been used to promote restful sleep for thousands of years. Herbal teas and sleep candies, which are popular among those who dislike taking pills, frequently contain blends.
Most manufacturers recommend taking 500-1,000 milligrams of tryptophan on an empty stomach two to three times a day to promote sleep. Specific dose directions can be found in the supplement’s product description.
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid, which means the body cannot make it by itself. It is used to make serotonin and niacin, among others. The deficiency of this nutrient can lead to weight gain and insomnia. Tryptophan supplements for weight loss should be taken about an hour before eating so that the amino acid gets assimilated into the blood.