Breath mints and gum have been marketed toward people with bad breath for a very long time. In fact, breath mints are the most common brand of mouthwash and they come in packs of 20 to 60 at a cost of around $2-3 per pack. But breath mints aren’t the only way to get fresh breath. So if you’re tired of spending so much money buying the same old breath mints, you might want to consider switching to another more affordable (and more useful) alternative which is toothpaste. There are several brands out there that add fluoride which is really important for fresh breath/healthy teeth.
Best Toothpaste for Bad Breath Reviews
1. TheraBreath Fresh Toothpaste
- Fight Cavities and Bad Breath: Our original clinical strength toothpaste provides potent oxygenation to attack bad breath at the source while fluoride helps control plaque, tartar, and cavities
- Fresh Breath Formula: TheraBreath Fresh Breath Toothpaste is dentist recommended and formulated to fight all types of bad breath. No harsh detergents, triclosan, or artificial flavors
- Premium Oral Care: Our solution-oriented line of toothpastes, mouthwashes, breath sprays, tonsil stone kits, pet care products, and more can help your whole family get the oral hygiene support you need
- Professional-Grade Products: TheraBreath's line of dentist-formulated toothpastes, mouthwashes, and other products are designed to help address halitosis, cavity prevention, gum disease, and more
- Trusted Quality: Started in 1994 by dentist Dr. Harold Katz, TheraBreath has continued to innovate, delivering an extensive line of the highest-quality oral care products for you and your family
|Flavor||Regular with Fluoride|
|Item Weight||5.6 Ounces|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.5 x 2.75 x 7 inches|
|Material Type Free||Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free|
Finding a fast-acting, healthy, natural, and effective toothpaste that works instantly to stop bad breath can be time-consuming and expensive. Fortunately, TheraBreath Fresh Breath Toothpaste with Fluoride is an advanced, dentist-formulated toothpaste that freshens breath all day and night. It also protects your teeth from decay and can be used by children and adults alike.
Our proprietary blend of natural ingredients works quickly to help reduce bad breath symptoms. This anti-cavity and anti-tartar formula does not contain harsh detergents like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), an ingredient that increases the likelihood of canker sores. We add aloe vera to soothe your mouth while brushing, while the other healthy ingredients in TheraBreath Fresh Breath Toothpaste control plaque, tartar, and cavities.
This product has been formulated by dentists and is recommended by multiple leading dental schools as an effective toothpaste that works exceptionally well to fight bad breath. Dr. Katz’s Anti-Cavity Toothpaste is manufactured in the USA and is sold on Amazon as a pack of 2 (4-ounce) tubes with a fresh Mild Mint flavor. As with all TheraBreath products, this toothpaste is guaranteed to work to your satisfaction or your money back!
Helps Control Plaque, Tartar, And Cavities
Get rid of bad breath for good with TheraBreath Fresh Breath Toothpaste. This toothpaste is clinically proven to help eliminate oral odor and leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed. Our original formula provides potent oxygenation to attack bad breath at the source, while fluoride helps control plaque, tartar, and cavities.
Toxin-Free And Provides Powerful Oxygenation
The best oral health solutions from TheraBreath, the #1 dentist recommended brand! Our premium toothpaste formula is toxin-free and provides powerful oxygenation to combat bad breath at its source. Safe for all teeth and gums, including sensitive and those with receding gums
2. Colgate Max Fresh with Whitening Toothpaste
- Three 6.3 oz tubes of Colgate Max Fresh with Whitening Toothpaste, Clean Mint
- Breath freshening toothpaste provides freshness that lasts for hours
- 10X longer lasting cool* (*vs. a leading fluoride toothpaste)
- Packed with hundreds of mini breath strips
- Fluoride toothpaste fights cavities
Colgate Max Fresh with Whitening Toothpaste has 10X longer lasting cool*, so you can breathe confidently. This breath freshening toothpaste has a unique toothpaste formula that is packed with hundreds of mini breath strips and unleashes a powerful rush of freshness for long-lasting fresh breath. *vs a leading fluoride toothpaste
Powerful Rush of Freshness
Colgate Max Fresh with Whitening Toothpaste has a unique toothpaste formula that is packed with hundreds of mini breath strips and unleashes a powerful rush of freshness for long-lasting fresh breath. Plus, it has 10X longer lasting cool, so you can breathe confidently. Developed with expert dental advisers, this toothpaste fights cavities and helps protect enamel of your teeth.
Experience Breath Confidence
Experience breath confidence with Colgate Max Fresh with Whitening Toothpaste. This new toothpaste formula is packed with hundreds of mini breath strips and unleashes a powerful rush of freshness for long-lasting fresh breath.
3. Pronamel Sensodyne xFresh Breath Enamel Toothpaste
- Three 4 oz tubes of Fresh Wave Sensodyne Pronamel Fresh Breath Enamel Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth, to Reharden and Strengthen Enamel
- Strong enamel toothpaste that protects your teeth from acid erosion caused by exposure to acidic foods
- Sensitive enamel toothpaste that protects your teeth from pain triggers such as cold, heat, acids, sweets or contact
- Fight cavities, combat bad breath and improve your teeth health with this anticavity fresh breath toothpaste
- Acid erosion toothpaste 3 pack specially formulated to strengthen and reharden tooth enamel for stronger teeth
|Item Weight||0.75 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.45 x 6.56 x 5.16 inches|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
Sensodyne Pronamel Fresh Breath Enamel Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth is an acid erosion toothpaste that provides all the benefits of regular anticavity toothpaste, plus the enamel protection you need for fresh breath and strong teeth. Specially formulated to reharden and strengthen enamel, this anticavity toothpaste boosts the delivery of calcium and releases more fluoride to remineralize your teeth, protecting against acid erosion.
By brushing your teeth twice a day, Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste protects against the painful sensitivity of the teeth as it combats bad breath and prevents further enamel damage. This sensitive enamel toothpaste 3 pack conveniently keeps you stocked up for longer, allowing you to enjoy lasting enamel and sensitivity protection. For best results, brush for two minutes, twice daily. Build a stronger foundation with Pronamel, so your teeth can look and feel their best.
What Is Sensodyne Pronamel?
Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste is specially designed to help protect tooth enamel against the effects of acid erosion. When used twice daily, it helps to strengthen and re-harden acid-weakened enamel, fight cavities and freshen breath.
How Sensodyne Pronamel Works
Sensodyne Pronamel delivers minerals deep into the enamel surface, actively strengthening and re-hardening acid-weakened tooth enamel.
Key Features and Benefits
In addition to providing all of the benefits of regular toothpaste, Sensodyne Pronamel:
- Helps protect tooth enamel from further damage caused by acidic foods and drinks
- Contains a unique optimized formulation that helps minerals, like calcium found in saliva, penetrate the enamel surface
- Helps strengthen teeth, fight cavities, and freshen breath
- Features low abrasivity to help limit tooth enamel erosion
4. Crest Charcoal 3D White Toothpaste
- The formula with charcoal brightens teeth by removing surface stains
- Gentle whitening toothpaste
- Remineralizing black and white striped toothpaste that strengthens weakened tooth enamel
- Contains fluoride to fight cavities
- Long lasting cooling sensation with invigorating mint flavor
|Item Weight||0.9 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.61 x 5.95 x 5.79 inches|
|Material Type Free||Gluten Free|
It’s not just whitening- it’s deep clean therapy with charcoal for your teeth! Crest 3D White Whitening Therapy Deep Clean black and white striped Charcoal Toothpaste gently whitens teeth by removing surface stains and gives you a clean, fresh feeling with its invigorating mint flavor.
Also, it is a fluoride toothpaste that remineralizes weakened enamel to help strengthen teeth and fight cavities. For best results, pair with a Crest 3D White toothbrush or 3D White electric toothbrush head. No current Crest toothpaste contains gluten.
It’s not just whitening – it’s deep clean therapy with charcoal for your teeth! Crest 3D White Whitening Therapy toothpaste with charcoal gently whitens teeth by removing surface stains and gives you a clean, fresh feeling with its invigorating mint flavor.
The paste is black and white striped and whitens without the mess of charcoal powders. Also, is has fluoride that remineralizes weakened enamel to help strengthen teeth and fight cavities. For best results, pair with a Crest 3D White toothbrush or 3D White electric toothbrush head.
5. ARM & HAMMER Peroxicare Toothpaste
- ULTIMATE DEEP CLEANING formula that helps maintain healthy gums by cleaning between teeth and along the gum line ( when used as a part of a complete brushing routine)
- FORMULATED WITH PEROXIDE for extra whitening power for your most confident smile
- Baking soda formula that is GENTLE ON ENAMEL & TOUGH ON PLAQUE
- Fluoride toothpaste that helps PROTECT AGAINST CAVITIES and control tartar
- Clean mint flavor that leaves a FRESH-FROM-THE-DENTIST clean feeling
|Item Weight||3.4 Ounces|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.4 x 1.5 x 3.7 inches|
|Brand||Arm & Hammer|
|Material Type Free||ERROR: #N/A|
ARM & HAMMER Peroxicare anticavity fluoride toothpaste is our ultimate deep cleaning formula that improves gum health, protects against cavities and gently whitens teeth. Naturally powered by 100% pure baking soda, our toothpastes go beyond cleaning, giving you stronger, healthier teeth and gums.
Unlike regular fluoride toothpaste, our pure baking soda formulas penetrate deeper throughout your mouth, REMOVING UP TO 3X MORE PLAQUE in hard-to-reach places.* Best of all, we do this gently, and are less abrasive than other toothpastes. *in hard-to-reach areas compared to a leading toothpaste **Data on file
Small changes in the product size & weight lead to lower carbon emissions
We created Compact by Design to identify products that, while they may not always look very different, have a more efficient design. With the removal of excess air and water, products require less packaging and become more efficient to ship. At scale, these small differences in product size and weight lead to significant carbon emission reductions.
Is there a toothpaste specifically for bad breath?
Some toothpaste are designed to combat bad breath, but without knowing what’s causing your bad breath, the product you choose may simply cover the odor for a limited time.
The medical term for unpleasant breath is halitosis. While bad breath is frequently caused by bacteria in the mouth, it can also be caused by medical or dental issues, as well as lifestyle factors such as smoking. Even the greatest toothpaste for bad breath won’t be able to disguise mouth smell in these situations unless the underlying cause is addressed. Let’s look at the reasons for bad breath.
Breathing Problems and Their Causes
Because your oral microbiome – the collection of bacteria living on and in our bodies – plays a role in producing foul-smelling breath, it’s possible that your mouth, tongue, and throat are to blame. Changes in your oral microbiome can lead to poor breath, such as:
Tooth decay and gum disease, both of which can produce bad breath, can be caused by poor oral hygiene. Why? Because tooth decay and gum disease are caused directly by bacterial harm. Bacteria flourish in the mouth on food detritus. Acid is created as the bacteria break it down, along with unpleasant volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs), which contribute to foul-smelling breath.
Halitosis can be caused by certain medical diseases, such as diabetes, and drugs, such as antidepressants. This is because adverse effects might induce dry mouth by affecting saliva production. Saliva is necessary for washing away bacteria; without it, bacteria can accumulate and cause bad breath.
Habits of Life
Although bad breath might indicate major health issues, it can also be caused by common activities like smoking or eating strong-smelling foods like garlic. Food residues left in the mouth can produce a foul odor due to bacterial development, but pungent meals can impact breath as they travel through the body.
Tobacco use produces a foul odor in the mouth and raises the risk of gum disease, both of which contribute to bad breath.
How Can You Get Rid of Halitosis?
In the absence of any dental or medical disease or lifestyle choice, many persons with foul breath may be surprised to learn that roughly 85 percent of instances originate from within their mouth. So, brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and using various products such as fluoride toothpaste, floss, and mouthwashes to assist remove the bacteria that cause bad breath should be at the top of your priority list. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
Other Breath Freshening Products
Burwood’s bad breath is caused by the use of toothpaste.
There are other things that can help you retain fresher breath besides finding a toothpaste that works for you:
Xylitol-containing products, such as lozenges or gum, can help promote saliva and may be beneficial if you have a dry mouth.
Tongue scrapers and brushes can help keep bacteria from growing on the back of the tongue, which can cause bad breath.
Mouthwashes can also aid in the treatment of foul breath. Many, on the other hand, do not actively attack plaque bacteria, opting instead to hide the odor they generate. As a result, make sure you pick one with active components that kill harmful oral germs and lower VSCs, which cause bad breath.
How Can You Prevent Bad Breath?
Many people’s bad breath is caused by habits that can be readily changed to keep the mouth from stinking, such as smoking and eating spicy meals. Others, on the other hand, may find it more difficult. This is when you should consult a dentist to see if you have any oral health issues that could be contributing to your foul breath, or a doctor to rule out any medical problems.
While the finest toothpaste for bad breath can help you have a fresher mouth and reduce the quantity of harmful germs that cause halitosis, you should always visit the dentist on a regular basis to support your oral cleaning routine.
Do you have a bad case of bad breath?
Even if you don’t have foul breath, schedule an appointment with our professional, friendly team at Dental 266 on 02 9051 0600 for a check-up and teeth cleaning, since preventing plaque build-up can keep your breath fresh and is one less thing to worry about!
By following these tips to find the best toothpaste for bad breath you will have a much easier time with this very important problem. It can be hard to deal with, but having a plan of attack will only make it better and easier. If you want a good formula that will keep your breath fresh and new constantly, I suggest trying TheraBreath. It has worked wonders for me, and while it might not be as great as everyone says it is, it is pretty damn good.