If you’ve never owned a Sonicare toothbrush, you are seriously missing out. These are the best electric toothbrushes you can get. With just a flick of your wrist, these sonic patented brushes can polish away plaque and unwanted tartar buildup, while whizzing away food and particles in between your teeth. These brushes have speed settings that range from gentle to intense (you control it), have a two-week battery life, an angled neck that adapts to the curves of your mouth, a contoured brush head that reaches hard to reach areas of your mouth, and much more. The best part about these brushes is not only how effectively they remove plaque and debris but also just how much better they feel than other brushes. After reading this review, you will understand which Sonicare is the best Sonicare toothbrush for you. Plus I’ve got some tips to help you save money on your new brush!
Best Sonicare Toothbrush Reviews
1. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Classic Rechargeable Electric Power Toothbrush
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.37 x 6.85 x 9.29 inches|
|Item Weight||2.26 Pounds|
Everybody loves a healthy, bright smile. Featuring patented Sonic technology, 5 brushing modes, and advanced brush head technology, Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Classic Rechargeable toothbrush offers Philips Sonicare’s superior whitening system and plaque removal. Choose from Clean, White, Deep Clean, Gum Care, or Sensitive modes for a custom cleaning experience. Proven to naturally whiten teeth in just one week, Diamond Clean will also gently remove coffee, tea, tobacco, and red wine stains. With the Premium Plaque brush head, this toothbrush removes up to 7x more plaque removal vs. a manual toothbrush. Also features QuadPacer and Smartimer to encourage attentive brushing of each quadrant of the mouth and reinforce the recommended brushing time of at least 2 minutes. The included charging glass can be used for charging or to rinse your mouth after brushing. The premium travel case (non-charging) also allows you to take your toothbrush on the go.
Philips Sonicare technology
Powerful sonic vibrations whip up your toothpaste into plaque fighting bubbles and drive them deep between your teeth and along your gum line. At the same time, your teeth will experience 31,000 gentle but effective brush strokes. You’ll get a month’s worth of manual brushing in just 2 minutes.
Design with storage in mind
DiamondClean’s unique charging glass features conduction technology as it charges the toothbrush while resting in the glass, which can also be used for mouth rinsing after removing it from the base. DiamondClean lasts up to three weeks (or 42 uses) on a single charge. A battery indicator light on the toothbrush illuminates when power is running low. To recharge, simply place the toothbrush in the sleek charging glass. The travel case allows you to take your Philips Sonicare anywhere.
5 modes to clean your way
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean offers five unique cleaning modes: Clean, White, Sensitive, Gum Care & Deep Clean for a customized experience. An illuminated display indicates the selected mode & becomes invisible when power is off. Clean: Two-minute standard Clean mode for every day clean.
Smartimer and Quadpacer Simplify Brushing
DiamondClean makes it easy to care for your teeth by using two timers to keep you on track. The Smartimer encourages you to brush for a full two minutes, the time recommended by dental professionals, while the Quadpacer beeps in 30-second intervals to make sure you thoroughly brush all four quadrants of your mouth.
Up to 2x whiter teeth
Click on our DiamondClean brush head to gently yet effectively remove surface stains. Densely packed central stain removal bristles work hard to make your smile 2x whiter in just 7 days.
2. Phillips Sonicare Long lasting Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
Improve your gum health up to 100% better than a manual toothbrush with the Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable electric toothbrush. The ergonomic, easy-to-grip handle has three settings for greater comfort. The brush head features a cup-shaped profile to deliver a gentle and even clean for your teeth and gums.
Three intensity settings for a gentle experience
With three customizable intensity settings (low, medium & high) you can select the right power level to ensure that brushing along the gumline is comfortable. After 1.5 seconds of brushing, you will have to push twice on the button to switch mode. Once to pause and second to switch.
Sonicare dynamic cleaning action drives fluid between teeth
Our sonic technology creates a unique dynamic cleaning action that drives fluid deep between teeth and along the gumline for a thorough-yet-gentle clean.
Safe on orthodontics, dental work and veneers
The gentle motion of this Philips Sonicare power toothbrush is safe for dental work, including orthodontics, implants, and veneers, so you can brush without worry.
Better than a manual toothbrush for gingivitis
With superior plaque removal along the gum line, this toothbrush can help reduce gingivitis up to 100% better than a manual toothbrush in just two weeks.
Proven to improve gum health 3 ways
Clinically proven to improve gum health three ways: reduces redness, swelling, bleeding (sites)
Removes up to 6X more plaque along the gumline
Removes up to 6X more plaque along the gumline than a manual toothbrush.
3. Philips Sonicare 9900 Prestige Rechargeable Electric Power Toothbrush
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.53 x 2.91 x 6.61 inches|
|Item Weight||1.47 Pounds|
A brush that learns and adapts to how you brush, for your most complete clean yet. Philips Sonicare 9900 Prestige with SenseIQ technology is our most advanced electric toothbrush. Sensing your every move and adapting to your needs in real time for exceptional care. As you brush, pressure, motion, coverage and more are monitored up to 100 times per second. The brush then adapts automatically in real time for advanced teeth and gum care.
- SenseIQ technology senses, adapts and cares for your teeth
- Removes up to 20x more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- Up to 15x healthier gums in 6 weeks vs. a manual toothbrush
- Seamless one-touch control with touch-interface design
- Includes: 1 Connected Sonicare Prestige toothbrush handle with SenseIQ, 1 A3 Premium All-in-One brush head, 1 frosted charging stand, 1 Prestige leatherette travel case
4. Philips Sonicare Essence Sensitive Electric Toothbrush
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||4100 Series|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.48 x 4.29 x 8.66 inches|
Remove plaque and experience a deep, effective clean with Sonicare technology, removing up to 5x more plaque vs. a manual toothbrush. Sonicare technology gently pulses water between your teeth, for a month’s worth of manual brushing in just 2 minutes. The QuadPacer lets you know when you’ve spent the optimal amount of time on each section of your mouth while the SmarTimer signals when your 2 minutes is up. The pressure sensor flashes red to remind you to ease off, helping to prevent gum recession, while the 2 intensity settings ensure a comfortable clean that’s right for you. Going electric might feel like a big step, but with this brush, you’re in safe hands. Its slim ergonomic design and familiar-shaped head give you everything you need for an effective clean. The kit includes 1 Philips Sonicare 4100 electric toothbrush, 1 Optimal Plaque Control (C2) brush head, and 1 USB charger (wall adaptor not included).
- Removes up to 5x more plaque vs. a manual toothbrush
- Pressure sensor and two intensity settings protect sensitive gums from overbrushing
- 2 minute SmarTimer with QuadPacer ensure Dentist-recommended brushing time
- Brush head replacement reminder ensures your brush head is always effective
- Long battery life with battery light indicator: One charge lasts for 2 weeks
- Includes: 1 Philips Sonicare 4100 handle, 1 Optimal Plaque Control (C2) brush head, 1 USB charger (wall adaptor not included)
5. Philips Sonicare for Kids 3+ Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Power Toothbrush
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.52 x 4.37 x 9.61 inches|
|Item Weight||0.75 Pounds|
Keep kids engaged while they learn to brush. The Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth enabled toothbrush interacts with a fun app that helps kids brush better and for longer. Kids have fun while learning techniques that will last a lifetime.
- 98% of parents say it’s easier to get kids to brush longer and better
- 91% of dental professional parents prefer Sonicare for Kids for their own children
- The interactive free app educates and gets kids excited about brushing. Exciting rewards for successful brushing sessions
- Patented sonic technology. Is 75% more effective than manual toothbrushes in hard to reach areas? Includes: 1 Sonicare for kids handle, 1 child brush head, 1 charging base, bonus stickers
Philips Sonicare vs. Oral-B
Sonicare and Oral-B are the two most popular names in the electric toothbrush industry. Both brands feature a wide array of high-quality products that will get your teeth clean.
There are advantages and disadvantages to each brand.
Benefits of Sonicare electric toothbrushes:
- Sonicare’s method of propelling liquid to attack plaque helps provide a more thorough clean in hard-to-reach places. It also benefits those with sensitive gums because the method is non-contact.
- Sonicare seems to pay closer attention to aesthetics. Their brushes are sleek and well-designed. By contrast, Oral-B brushes can appear relatively clunky and almost “toy-like” in appearance.
- Sonicare brushes tend to have more features, such as BrushSync, EasyStart, and SenseIQ.
Benefits of Oral-B electric toothbrushes:
- Oral-B’s brushes vibrate in a circular motion, rather than side-to-side like Sonicare. This, plus their smaller brush heads might make it more comfortable for those with smaller mouths (especially for cleaning back teeth).
- The brushes in general tend to be more affordable.
- Oral-B has a more competitive warranty, with fewer conditions and fast turnaround times.
How Do Sonicare Toothbrushes Work?
Sonicare refers to its toothbrushes as “sonic brushes.” As the term suggests, they work a little bit differently than other electric toothbrushes.
Most electric toothbrushes oscillate, meaning the bristles move in a circular motion.
Sonicare toothbrushes vibrate side-to-side at high frequencies.
However, there is currently no scientific consensus on which action is better.
Sonicare brush heads vibrate at around 31,000 brush strokes per minute (BPM). This is much faster than many regular electric toothbrushes, which are closer to the 2500-7500 range.
Sonicare claims this helps their brushes remove up to 7x as much plaque as other brands.
Another key feature that sets the Sonicare brand apart is its use of fluid dynamics.
Sonicare brushes use high sonic frequencies to propel toothpaste and water into the gaps between your teeth and into your gum line. This allows for a deeper clean than with conventional electric or manual toothbrushes and helps remove more dental plaque.
Why Trust Us? How We Choose Products
All medical content on this site, including this guide and other product reviews, is written by our team of experienced writers and researchers. All NewMouth writers vet products that are recommended and reviewed in the industry. In cases where this is not possible, our team will:
- Compare positive and negative reviews
- Personally test out products
- Talk to company leaders to ensure their products are safe and effective
- Look into costs to ensure customers are getting the best quality products at reasonable prices
- Research common ingredients (side effects, benefits, uses, etc.)
Every piece of content is heavily reviewed before publication. All content on NewMouth is also medically reviewed by a licensed dentist, specifically any content where we recommend products. Our dentists have specifically instructed us to flag any recommendations they don’t agree with. Any products that don’t meet their professional standards are removed.
Many of the products we recommend have the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance. These products are proven to be effective in preventing gum disease, cavities, and other oral health conditions.
When we recommend products that do not include this seal of acceptance, we conduct further research to ensure reputability. This may include speaking with company leaders, reading hundreds of customer reviews, and ensuring they provide quality customer service.
In the end, all of us want the same thing – to have a beautiful, healthy smile that will win over everyone who sees it. And if you combine that with the knowledge that you’re doing something positive for your oral health, there’s no better feeling in the world. Toothbrushes can certainly be part of this quest for oral hygiene bliss, but it’s up to you to choose what particular product is right for you. With so many Sonicare models out there, it can be tough to find the best Sonicare toothbrush for your needs. That’s why we’ve composed this handy guide – to help you choose wisely and bake with confidence. Happy Shopping.