Snoring is a common problem, whether you sleep alone or not. Normal snoring may be a sign of mild airway obstruction and occurs in many people at various times. Snoring can be caused by the soft palate, uvula, tongue, and/or turbinates sticking out into the throat too much, or a combination of these factors.
Choosing the best pillow for snoring may help reduce some of the symptoms you experience when you sleep. The 3 main types of pillows are cervical pillows, contour pillows, and standard pillows. We’ll explain the differences between these types, so you can decide which type may be most helpful for you.
Best Pillow For Snoring Reviews
1. Bekweim Bed Wedge Pillow
- ✔EXCLUSIVE CURVE DESIGN! We’ve taken comfort and perfected it with our curved wedge pillow. Curved edges instead of the standard sharp corners creates a multi-purpose pillow that can be placed comfortably underneath your knees for support and elevation or beneath your head and upper back while sitting, eating, reading and pain free sleeping! Available in 3 great sizes, with a small, medium and extra-large option, choose what works for you! DIMENSIONS 24 x 24 x 7.5 Inches
- ✔ MULTI-USE RELIEF! Suffering chronic back or neck pain? Can’t sleep well due to breathing or digestive problems? Posturing your body correctly and elevating your head appropriately brings instant relief for back and neck pain, acid reflux, GERD, heartburn, snoring, vertigo and air circulation. Elevating your legs fosters proper blood circulation and relieves leg, hip and knee muscle tension. Most appreciated gift for post-surgery recovery and pregnancy!
- ✔ PROPRIETARY MEMORY FOAM! Made from a dual layer of visco-elastic premium memory foam that’s more dense and durable than anything out there. Our blend consists of temperature sensitive white foam that forms your shape based on body heat. That means our triangle pillow’s firm but not stiff, comfy without compressing! Easily change positions and maintain the same level of support due to its superior construction. A whole night’s comfort, rest assured!
- ✔ TWO COVERS INCLUDED! Have a cool night’s sleep with our super breathable, hypo-allergenic , sweat free covers. The primary cover is made of premium bamboo replete with a specially quilted design that’s been proven for better airflow. The bonus sheet is soft polyester brushed fabric, ensuring utter convenience and hygiene. Hypoallergenic and so silky soft to the skin, you won’t want to sleep without it! Want it good as new? Remove the zippered cover and throw it in the wash.
- ✔ RISK-FREE PURCHASE! Not happy with your order? Your satisfaction with Bekweim matters more to us than the purchase. To that end, we absolutely guarantee that you either love it or get a complete refund-no questions asked! So you can go ahead and Click buy now, no doubts or second guessing with our money back policy!
|Item Weight||3.45 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 24 x 7.5 inches|
This bed wedge pillow is the ultimate in comfort and support. Designed to help alleviate neck, shoulder, and back pain, our special curved edges make this wedge pillow incredibly comfortable under your knees, head, and upper back so you can sleep better. With an exclusive feature like the elevated leg cradle for better circulation and relief of leg, hip, and knee muscle tension, the Bekweim Wedge Pillow has everything you need to get a good night’s sleep.
Easy to Elevate
The ergonomic design of the BeKweim Bed Wedge Pillow makes it easy to elevate your head and neck for a more comfortable night’s sleep. Its unique triangular shape provides an elevation target to reduce snoring, ease acid reflux, GERD and heartburn, improve circulation, alleviate back and neck pain from the side or stomach sleeping positions, as well as promote better breathing throughout the night for all ages including those with breathing problems. It also elevates your legs in order to take the stress off of them when sleeping. A great gift idea for older parents and grandparents who may need extra support while reading or watching television from their bed.
With this curved, ultra-soft wedge you can sit comfortably that offers pain relief and support. It is ideal to use during pregnancy, especially in the last trimester, as the pillow can be placed between the knees and under your back. The Wedge Pillow helps with acid reflux, heartburn, and snoring, as well as leg cramps while sleeping. It can even be used to raise your legs while reading or watching TV in bed.
2. Elviros Cervical Memory Foam Pillow
- REDUCE NECK & BACK PAIN: Proven contour design perfectly supports and aligns your head, neck, shoulder, and back. Bringing a reduction of stress in the cervical vertebra and spine. Improving sleep and relieving neck and shoulder pain, discomfort rejuvenating your body.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Elviros contour pillows are well designed to support by following the curve of your body keeps air passages optimal for less snoring and more restful sleep.
- TWO HEIGHTS---DESIGNED FOR BACK & SIDE SLEEPING: SIZE 64*(12.5/10.5)*38cm/25.2 x (4.1/4.9)*15inch (L*H*W).
- 100% PREMIUM MEMORY FOAM PILLOW: Elviros ergonomic sleeping pillow core is made of high- density slow rebound memory foam. That will provide sleeping firm support with amazing comfort and softness.
- REMOVABLE BREATHABLE PILLOWCASE: A breathable surface lets air circulate to keep the pillow cool while you sleep.
|Item Weight||2.48 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||25.2 x 15 x 4.9 inches|
While some companies cut corners by filling their pillows with leftover foam scraps, we produce brand new memory foam fill for our pillows that have been rigorously tested and certified by CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD to ensure safety for you and your family.
Our pillows are scientifically proven to meet some of the world’s most rigorous, third-party chemical emissions standards—aiding in the creation of healthier indoor environments.
The cervical neck pillow can support your neck in a neutral aligned position and lifts your head to the proper height while you sleep on your back or side. It is possible for you to experience some discomfort during the FIRST TWO WEEKS while your body is trying to adjust to the correct position. Please be patient and give yourself an adaptation cycle.
The cavity in the middle helps to cradle the head for optimal support and makes you breathe better and smoothly
For back sleepers follows the curve of the neck and spine (upper back) and prevents herniated or bulging disc in the neck efficiently.
3. Kӧlbs Bed Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam Top
- SUPER COMFORTABLE BED WEDGE PILLOW, SNORING PILLOW: Available in 2 height options – 7.5 inch and 12 inch height. (24 x 24 x 7.5 or 25 x 25 x 12) This is the 7.5 inch option.
- LUXURIOUS AND STYLISH JACQUARD PILLOW CASE: Hey it’s your bedroom, not a hospital room, give it some style. The Kӧlbs Wedge features a classic yet contemporary design. The removable jacquard pillow case protects the incline pillow from stains while promoting a comfortable night’s sleep. Cover is machine washable and can be removed from the triangle pillow core. Husband pillow for reading
- MEMORY FOAM TOP LAYER: The upper layer of the pillow wedge features a 1.5” plush memory foam for a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep. A high density medical grade foam wedge core supports the memory foam top to ensure just the right firmness and proper support.
- IDEAL FOR GERD, HEARTBURN, ACID REFLUX AND OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS: Makes conditions more comfortable that often robs you of a good night’s sleep. Includes: snoring, neck and back pain and post-surgery ailments. The best wedge pillow for sleeping.
- ELEVATED PILLOWS FOR SLEEPING: Ideal for head, foot or leg elevation. Great pillow for snoring. Sleep apnea pillow. Wedge pillow for sleeping comfort.
|Material||Foam, Memory Foam|
|Item Weight||4 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 24 x 7 inches|
A good day starts with a great night’s sleep. Acid reflux, neck and back pain, post surgery and other medical conditions can often rob you of the sleep your body needs. The Kӧlbs Bed Wedge offers optimal positioning for a comfortable and relaxing slumber. The upper layer of the wedge features a 1.5” plush memory foam for a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep. A high density medical grade foam core supports the memory foam top to ensure just the right firmness and proper support. The Kӧlbs Bed wedge comes with a chic and stylish jacquard pillow cover that is sure to add style to your bedroom. Kӧlbs provides excellent sleeping wedges for adults.
Sleep Well Tonight and Every Night
- Super comfortable bed wedge pillow.Pillow Case – Hey it’s your bedroom, not a hospital room, give it some style. The Kӧlbs Wedge features a classic yet contemporary design. The removable jacquard pillow case protects the pillow from stains while promoting a comfortable night’s sleep. Cover is machine washable.
- Memory Foam Top Layer – The upper layer of the pillow wedge features a 1.5” plush memory foam for a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep. A high density medical grade foam wedge core supports the memory foam top to ensure just the right firmness and proper support.
Ideal for acid reflux, neck and back pain, post surgery and other medical conditions. Anti-snoring Pillow. Sleep apnea pillow.
Read In Bed – Great Back Support
Offers perfect back support for reading in bed or watching TV in bed. Make yourself comfortable.
Foot and Leg Elevation
After a long day on your feet, kick up your legs and relax.
Elegant And Stylish Cover
Add a touch of style to your bedroom. Cover is machine washable.
4. ZG-Home Memory Foam Pillow
- 🌙【DESIGN FOR COMFORT FEELING】: The memory foam pillow is queen size 24’’×15’’. Designed with 2 sides, one higher (5") and one lower (4. 5") , which allows it to be perfect for all kinds of sleepers (side / back / stomach). Here is always one side that suits your sleep habits
- 🌙【PRESSURE RELIEF】: Ergonomics design, conforms to the natural curve of your body and supports your head and neck. Reduces neck & back pain, alleviates shoulder stiffness, promotes proper spine alignment, and helps your muscles relax. Best pressure relief for you.
- 🌙【MEMORY FOAM 】: Make from upgrade memory foam and ensure the pillow can remain consistent firmness and comfortable soft all year. ZG-Home Cervical Pillow is odour free, and contain no formaldehyde, no mercury, lead or heavy metals, bring you a safe and healthy sleeping night.
- 🌙【VELVET PILLOW COVER 】: Soft velvet made memory foam pillow cover, it is full removable and machine washable. More convenient for your healthy and easy life.
- 🌙【100% SATISFACTION 】 : We promise 100% satisfactory after-sales service, 30 days unconditional refund, Up to 12 months product quality warranty, so that your purchase has no worries !
|Item Weight||0.77 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||24 x 15 x 5 inches|
The ZG Memory Foam Pillow is queen size 24’’×15’’. Designed with 2 sides, one higher (5″) and one lower (4. 5″), which allows it to be perfect for all kinds of sleepers (side / back / stomach). Here is always one side that suits your sleep habits. The ZG Memory Foam Pillow provides comfort and support with its ergonomic design, conforms to the natural curve of your body and supports your head and neck. When you are sleeping on the pillow, not only does it relieve pressure points, but also helps your muscles relax. Best pressure relief for you!
The perfect contour that aligns your neck and back. Resulting in a better more satisfying sleep. Whether your on your back on your side, the foam molds to your shape.
The memory foam pillow conforms to your neck for maximum support and comfort. It wont ware out or lose its ability to adjust its shape over the years. The memory foam pillow is perfect for home use, office use and travel.
Delivers relief for neck and back pain. The memory foam pillow is perfect for anyone with a neck or back injury. The alignment of your neck and spine will help with any injuries.
5. UTTU Sandwich Pillow Queen Size
- ADJUSTABLE FOR NECK PAIN RELIEF - UTTU Pillow features unique adjustable lofts for varied types of sleepers. Originally with a 4.7in of high contour and 3.9in of low contour, removing the middle layer you’ll get 3.5in of high contour and 2.8in of low contour.
- PRESSURE RELIEF - Made with UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, the premium exclusive memory foam, this Side Sleeper Pillow conforms to the natural curve of your body and supports your neck and head to ensure comfort.
- NEVER BECOMES HARD - We used UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which never gets hard in cold weather. Unlike most memory foam on the market, it remains consistent with firmness and comfort feel all year.
- BAMBOO COVER - This bamboo pillow has a cover made of 40% bamboo viscose, making it a COOLING PILLOW for you to stay cool all night long. Fully removable and MACHINE WASHABLE.
- ITEM DIMENSIONS - 23.6"×14"×4.7"/3.9", this cervical pillow is designed to fit different sleeping postures, you can sleep in comfort with UTTU whether on your back, side, or stomach.
|Item Weight||2.5 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||23.6 x 14 x 4.7 inches|
Inspired by our first product – the UTTU Sandwich Pillow, we stick to making bedding products unlike others, finding new materials and solutions for better sleep.
Whenever we’re developing a new product, we always start with what our customers want and find a way to meet their unattended needs.
Scientifically Zero Pressure Sleep
UTTU Dynamic Foam with exclusive formula conforms to the natural curve of your neck dynamically, promotes proper spine alignment, and distributes pressure evenly.
Effectively Reduce Neck & Back Pain
Different people have their unique needs towards a pillow. UTTU pillow with adjustable height and ergonomic neck contour can help you with sleep-induced body pain.
Cooling Bamboo Viscose Cover
Extracted from the natural bamboo, our pillow cover is not only cool to touch but also can keep fresh, now you can sleep cool all night long.
Our high contour can fill the inter-space between your head and the mattress, relieves your pressure on the shoulder, and keeps your body spine properly aligned.
Our 3.5 to 3.9 inches medium height will be suitable for back sleepers. This height can help your head and cervical spine on the same level to ensure smooth breathing throughout the night.
Stomach sleepers should look for a pillow that’s soft and compressible with a lower height, our 2.8 inches profile could be ideal for you, reducing the possibility of a neck strain.
6. Memory Foam Cervical Neck Pillow for Sleeping
- SLEEP PAIN-FREE AND WAKE UP REFRESHED! This Memory Foam Pillow distributes weight evenly providing ergonomic support for your head and neck, which aligns your spine and relieves pressure. This means less tossing and turning at night from pain for a deeper, more restful sleep.
- RELAX IN COMFORT WITH CONTOUR FOAM MEMORY! This foam pillow combines breathable, premium foam with the technology of contour memory for a luxury experience. The contour foam creates a soft groove to cradle your head, while firmly supporting your neck, allowing your muscles to relax in comfort.
- INVENTED BY A CHIROPRACTOR FOR BACK AND SIDE SLEEPERS! This orthopedic pillow is the invention of Dr. Samuels with over twenty years of Chiropractic expertise. The cervical pillow is engineered to relieve neck and back pain, giving resistance under the head, while supporting the lighter, more sensitive neck area for spinal alignment when sleeping on your back or side
- BAMBOO COVER SHIELDS YOU FROM ALLERGENS AND DUST MITES! This foam pillow is hypoallergenic, nontoxic and covered with a buttery soft, vented bamboo pillow case to keep you cool and protected from allergens and yucky dust mites. The hypoallergenic cover is machine washable for total convenience.
- PROUDLY MADE TO LAST IN THE USA! Made in Maryland, this high quality Memory Pillow won’t lose shape or fall flat like cheaper brands or traditional pillows. The Memory foam conforms to your head and neck using your body heat but as it cools, returns to its original, firm shape. We stand behind our American made Orthopedic pillow with a five year warranty.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19 x 15 x 5 inches|
|Product Care Instructions||Machine Wash|
The key to feeling better during the day is a great night’s sleep.
If you want to enjoy a restful night’s sleep and wake up without annoying neck, shoulder and back pain, ordinary pillows simply won’t do. You must choose a pillow that offers proper support and alignment.
Discount foam pillows don’t have the right contours to align your neck and spine and – over time – can lead to nerve or disc problems. Expensive down pillows are often too soft to provide enough support. Both will force your head into unnatural angles that don’t promote good sleep or overall good health.
This memory foam pillow by Perform Pillow is different. It has been designed and tested by a chiropractor with over 20 years experience. With it’s contoured shape and special density foam, it is extremely comfortable, yet offers correct support exactly where you need it. It keeps your neck and spine aligned for a more comfortable night’s sleep. And because it is a high quality foam, it will retain it’s special shape for years, unlike shredded memory foam that can lump and warp over time.
The Perform Pillow features a breathable bamboo cover, so you’ll enjoy a cool, allergy-free sleep as well. The removable cover is machine washable so you can rest easy.
THIN Profile Measurements
Our Thin Profile Pillow is great for people with Smaller Necks (and Children) or Those Who Prefer a Thinner Pillow.
The Thin Profile version of our memory foam pillow has two different size contours for more comfort. The thicker side is 3.5 inches high and the lower side is 2.25 inches.
MEDIUM Profile Measurements
Our Medium Profile Pillow is great for people who want an Average Thickness Pillow.
The Medium version of our memory foam pillow has two different size contours for more comfort. The thicker side is 4.25 inches high and the lower side is 3 inches.
THICK Profile Measurements
Our Thick Profile Pillow is great for people with Normal or Large Necks and those who prefer a thicker pillow.
The Thick version of our memory foam pillow has two different size contours for more comfort. The thicker side is 5 inches high and the lower side is 3.75 inches.
7. Sleepnitez 8″ Bed Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
- 3.25” OF SOFTER, GENTLER LUXURIOUS MEMORY FOAM - While other pillows have only 1“of memory foam, we offer the ONLY wedge pillow 3.25” of the softest, yet resilient memory foam. Why does this matter? While other wedge pillows for sleeping feel hard and uncomfortable, the depth of our memory foam allows the pillow to truly meld to your body, providing the support you need, and preventing sore shoulders, backs and necks in the morning.
- FEEL BETTER, SLEEP BETTER – Do you suffer from heartburn, acid reflux, Gerd, Digestion issues, snoring, back or neck pain? Are you recovering from surgery or suffer from Sciatica, Post Nasal Drip, Hiatal Hernia, Coughing Respiratory Difficulty or experiencing pregnancy? Our bed wedge pillow can offer the support and comfort you need to get a good night’s sleep.
- SUPPORT WHERE NEEDED – Other wedge pillows end suddenly with a noticeable drop to the bed, or they are hard and the thin end digs into your side or back. At Sleepnitez we are committed to fixing your problems without causing you new ones. The thin edge of our sleeping wedge is just 0.2" and super soft. This means it melts into the bed and provides support that prevents you waking up in the morning with a side or back ache.
- AND IT'S SO MUCH MORE – Looking for a wedge pillow for sleeping? Our wedge pillow has to be the choice. It will successfully keep your upper body elevated, keep your spine properly aligned and REDUCE PRESSURE POINTS, provide STOMACH RELIEF, PROMOTE BLOOD CIRCULATION and ENHANCE BREATHING. The Tencel bamboo pillow cover is silky soft and improves air circulation to keep you cool.
- GET THIS WEDGE PILLOW FOR SLEEPING SOUNDLY RISK FREE: Your satisfaction is our top priority. Our bed wedge pillow has a 3-year warranty, upgraded to a LIFETIME warranty on registration. Our memory foam wedge pillow is vacuum packed for easy shipping. If you are unhappy with your purchase don’t hesitate to contact us for a replacement or refund. You may rest assured that while our wedge pillow is soft, it will not lose shape as the years go by! Try it today for no more sleepless nights!
|Item Weight||4 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||27.2 x 25.2 x 8 inches|
Our wedge pillow is not just for sleeping or lying down. You can also use it as a backrest against the headboard, on the couch, or on a chair while watching TV, working on the computer, or reading your book of the month. The gradual elevation of the pillow allows you to recline just enough to help your back and neck relax. It prevents slouching, discomfort, and pain due to a prolonged and improper sitting position.
Top Grade Materials And So Versatile
Our Wedge pillow can also be used with your own favourite pillow placed on top. This is something that side sleepers find particularly useful. It raises the head while allowing your shoulder to sink into our soft memory foam.
The Sleepnitez wedge pillow uses CertiPUR-US memory foam and therefore it has nothing that can harm your health and is made from the purest high quality foam.
This is why our wedge pillow does not have the nasty smells associated with other wedge pillows.
The Tencel cover is made by natural, biobased fibers, which makes sure that the fabric is safe for sensitive skin.
Post Surgery Pillow
After surgery, it can be difficult for patients to find the right position to sleep or rest without affecting the operated area. Depending on what type of surgery or medical procedure was done, the wedge pillow can help you find that comfortable position by providing the right support in the right places.
Use it to elevate the leg after knee or foot surgery to help relieve pressure and to reduce bleeding. Prop it under the thighs, highest side first, to help relieve pain after hip surgery.
Use it to elevate your body to ensure you can breathe properly. After shoulder surgery, you can use it for support, comfort and relief.
Anti Snoring Pillow
Snoring happens when you can’t move air freely through your nose and throat during sleep. This makes the surrounding tissues vibrate, which produces the familiar snoring sound.
Snoring can lead to an irritated throat in the morning, waking up at night frequently, fatigue the next day, and headaches.
Standard pillows can often be the cause of snoring. They can put your neck in weird positions that prevent the air moving freely through your nose and throat.
The gentle slope of our wedge pillow keeps your neck in the ideal position to prevent snoring and allows air to move freely through your nose and throat.
8. BAAOBAAB Memory Foam Anti-Snore Pillows for Neck Pain Relief
- 2022 UPGARETED ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Our Cervical Pillows are well-designed according to the most natural curve of the neck. The contour perfectly fits the angle of the head and neck to your cervical spine. Relax your muscles thoroughly.
- NECK and SHOULDER PAIN RELIEF: high density memory foam pillow use innovative contoured design of the dip/head zone can help with neck shoulder back pain relief and stiffness by offering uniform support to your head and neck. improve your sleep quality.
- ECO-FRIENDLY MATERIALS: 50D High-density ODORLESS memory foam, breathable like latex, 5-s rebound, won't harden in winter. High-quality memory foam can provides better air circulation to keep cool and dry. Give you a healthy, excellent sleeping!
- FIRM & STANDARD SIZE: Contour pillow size: 25.2x 11.8x 4.7''; a neck height of 3.5" to meet most people's needs; 2.8Lb with 30% more foam, perfect for full or queen beds and meet all posture sleepers(side, back and stomach).
- TWO PREMIUM PILLOW COVER: Our neck pillow outer cover is made of high-grade cotton, breathable, and not stuffy. The inner pillowcase made of high-quality breathable mesh keeps out dust and protects the foam.
|Material||Polyester + Medium Molecular Polyethylene + Breathable 3d Mesh Gauze|
|Item Weight||2.8 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||25.2 x 11.8 x 4.7 inches|
The contour pillow is ergonomically designed, comfortable and breathable with strong support, fits the curvature of the neck bones, perfectly matches the neck to relieve pressure on the spine, protects the spine overnight, and comprehensive care for your cervical vertebra. Also according to the aesthetic design, the surface ridges and grooves can promote air circulation on the surface of the pillow, wedge-shaped stretch design to support the upper back, perfectly carrying the upper thoracic spine. And it can support the skin around the eyes when sleeping on your side, reducing wrinkles caused by sleep stress. This cervical spine pillow ensures you fall asleep faster and deeper.
Freely Removable and Machine Washable Outer Pillowcase
- Pull the zipper of the outer pillow cover
- Start to remove the outer pillow cover
- The entire outer pillow cover is removed
We recommend the outer cover low-temperature washing and wash separately from dyed clothing!
5s Slow Rebound Inner Memory Foam
- This memory foam core is made of high-quality ergonomically designed 100% 50D-density ODORLESS and Chemical-free slow-rebound memory foam. Not only the texture is soft and comfortable, but it also gives you good support for your most comfortable sleep!
Zero Formaldehyde & Good Breathability
- Our polyester/polyethylene/3d dust-proof mesh gauze proprietary blend pillowcase feels silky soft and smooth.All material are safe for better health.
- We design a Two-layer premium pillowcase：
- The outer pillow cover is removable and machine washable for easy cleaning to care for your skin healthy
- The inner sleeve uses a yellow sweat cloth to provide you with a healthy sleeping environment and prolong the life of the internal memory foam more effectively.
How to Choose a Snoring Pillow
Selecting a pillow for snoring necessitates all of the usual considerations as well as certain elements specific to the condition. Assessing your needs and preferences will assist you in making an informed decision.
What to Think About When Buying a Snoring Pillow
When buying a snoring pillow, consider the sleeping posture, loft, support, firmness, and other elements. These elements can affect not just comfort, but also the likelihood of soft tissues vibrating during the night.
Many snoring pillow manufacturers claim that their products are suitable for all sleepers and situations. While these solutions may suit the majority of people, they will not be ideal for everyone because personal needs and tastes differ. You can choose the finest snoring pillow for you by weighing the individual circumstances that affect your sleep against particular aspects of the cushion design.
Position to Sleep
The way you sleep can affect your comfort, alignment, and snoring. Allowing the head to fall or thrusting it upward can put more strain on the airway and cause snoring, so most sleepers should opt for a pillow that keeps the neck straight. Snoring is more common in back sleepers because of the pull gravity puts on the soft tissues of the airway, hence some people choose to use a wedge pillow for additional elevation.
The proper pillow loft is important for proper spinal alignment and can also aid with snoring. A model that is too thick may push the head up, while one that is too thin may let the head slump, causing airway obstruction and increased snoring.
The best loft is determined by your body type and sleeping position. Sleepers with wider shoulders and/or heavier heads require a thicker pillow to fill the space between their mattress and head and neck while offering enough support, whilst those with narrower shoulders and/or smaller heads want a thinner model to provide support without undue lift.
Support is necessary for keeping appropriate spinal alignment and can also help avoid snoring. The neck may bend and cause the airway to constrict if the pillow collapses under the weight of a back or side sleeper’s head. Similarly, if the pillow is too firm, the neck may be forced to bend in the other direction, exerting pressure on the soft tissues. Unfortunately, because it depends on the weight of your head, your sleep posture, your shoulder depth, and other factors, finding the proper level of support is often a question of trial and error.
Level of Firmness
The stiffness of the cushion impacts its support and comfort. A firm cushion may be best for people who are heavier and need more support to keep their necks aligned, while a softer alternative may be better for people who are smaller and need more plushness to sink in.
When evaluating firmness, keep in mind your sleeping posture and pillow loft. Sleepers on their sides and backs typically want firmer alternatives than stomach sleepers. An exceptionally thick pillow, on the other hand, may not need to be as the firm as to feel supportive, depending on the fill.
While pressure release has little effect on snoring, it can considerably improve comfort. A pillow that molds to the head and neck to redistribute weight can assist prevent pressure from building up in one region, reducing aches and pains and “hot spots” caused by pressure accumulation.
Depending on your sleeping position and personal preferences, many pillow shapes can be utilized as anti-snoring pillows. Some people like traditional rectangular bed pillows, while others may prefer a wedge-style or curved design. Wedge pillows raise the complete upper body, rather than simply the head and neck, to lessen the likelihood of gravity compressing the soft tissues of the airway. Ergonomic, contoured pillows are designed to promote spinal alignment, which may help some people stop snoring.
Snoring pillows, like any other pillow, come in a wide range of pricing. Budget-friendly alternatives start at less than $40, while high-end and technologically advanced options can cost more than $150. You should also examine the entire value while deciding on a price point. Durable choices may not need to be updated as frequently, so they may be worth it in the long run even if they cost more upfront.
Pillow materials have an impact on comfort, performance, durability, and support, so choosing a model made of high-quality materials can make a major difference in how well you sleep. Although lower-cost anti-snore pillows are frequently available, it may be worthwhile to invest in a higher-quality anti-snore pillow if it is expected to be more effective, feel more comfortable, and/or last longer. Allergy sufferers should consider the simplicity of care and allergy potential of any materials in the pillow, as allergic reactions can contribute to snoring.
Moldability refers to how easily the pillow’s shape may be changed. Some snorers prefer to bunch their pillows so that they fit comfortably beneath their heads and necks and can sleep in any position they want. However, finding the correct shape to maintain the spine upright and limit airway compression may need more work during the night.
Despite the fact that little study has been done on the effects of temperature on snoring, many experts feel sleeping in a cooler area is advantageous. Finding a pillow that regulates temperatures well, on the other hand, might lessen the risk of the sleeper overheating and attempting to shift to locate the cool side of the pillow. By allowing heat to escape, breathable models usually provide excellent temperature control. Cooling effects are also claimed for some innovative components, such as phase change material and gel-infused foam.
What is the Best Snoring Pillow Styles?
The greatest snoring pillow depends on your sleeping posture and personal tastes, however, wedge pillows, ergonomic models, adjustable alternatives, and memory foam kinds are frequently recommended.
Wedge pillows acquire their name from the wedge-like form they have. These types are usually made of foam and are designed to raise the upper body, which is supposed to reduce soft tissue compression and ease sinus pressure by permitting drainage.
Adjustable features allow customers to customize the loft and stiffness of their cushion to meet their own needs and preferences. Snorers may benefit from these models since they allow them to experiment with different feels to see what works best. Additionally, if the owner’s problems change over time, the cushion can be adjusted accordingly.
Solid memory foam pillows conform to the shape of the sleeper’s head and neck in response to their heat and weight. This may help sleepers maintain their neck’s natural banana-like curvature, reducing the chance of improper posture contributing to throat vibrations.
Memory foam pillows with shreds are also available. Although these alternatives are more moldable than solid memory foam, they are less likely to maintain their shape for constant support throughout the night.
Polyfoam pillows, like memory foam pillows, can have shredded or solid material. Moldability is usually greater with the shredded alternatives, while shape retention is usually better with the solid options. Polyfoam is a better alternative for snorers who are concerned about overheating than memory foam because it is more breathable. Lower-quality polyfoam pillows, on the other hand, are more likely to develop permanent indentations, limiting the pillow’s ability to keep the spine straight.
Shredded or solid latex foam can be used in a latex pillow. Due to the density of latex, either choice should be robust and supportive, while shredded models will be more moldable. Dust mites, a common allergy trigger, are resistant to natural latex, thus pillows made of the substance may be great for those who snore due to their allergy symptoms.
Snorers may find it simpler to establish a comfortable position that reduces snoring by using feather pillows, which are often both moldable and supportive. However, because some feather pillows may contain allergens, they may not be the best choice if you feel allergies are causing your snoring.
Down is a softer, lighter form of a feather with excellent moldability. Down models, like feathers, may cause allergic reactions in some people, potentially exacerbating snoring.
What Makes People Snore?
Snoring can be caused by a variety of factors. While muscular relaxation, allergies, and some physical disorders, such as a deviated septum, nasal polyps, and/or enlarged tonsils and adenoids, are the primary causes, they can also be provoked by muscle relaxation, allergies, and certain medical ailments. Snoring is more likely to occur if a condition causes inflammation or constriction of the airway.
Snoring is frequently linked to age and weight. As people age, their throat muscles may relax more during the night, resulting in sonorous vibrations. Extra weight may be connected to decreased muscle tone and increased tissue around the neck, which may increase the risk of snoring.
Snoring could also be caused by other, more controlled factors. When resting on their backs, many people snore more because gravity causes the throat to narrow. Because alcohol relaxes muscles, it can cause the airway to relax and contribute to greater snoring. Furthermore, smoking can irritate the airway and induce inflammation, causing the throat to vibrate.
Because it can adjust their position, many snorers find comfort with the right pillow. Gravity typically works in the sleeper’s favor when they lift their head and neck, letting their throat muscles to relax without restricting the airway.
We want you to have the finest night’s sleep possible, which you can achieve with the help of a medical practitioner. Consult your doctor for assistance in establishing the source of your snoring and developing a treatment plan.
Other Snoring Prevention Techniques
Pillow selection is one of the simplest and most cost-effective strategies to lessen snoring severity, but there are other possibilities. In addition to choosing the best cushion for you, consider the following suggestions.
Inquire with your doctor about sleep apnea
Snoring is a typical symptom of sleep apnea, a medical disease that causes irregular breathing during sleep. A sleeper may temporarily stop breathing, resulting in a reduction in oxygen supply and less peaceful sleep. This illness can have major health consequences, so speak with your doctor to find out whether you have sleep apnea and what you need to do to safeguard your health.
Invest in a snoring mouthpiece
Anti-snoring mouthpieces work by holding the lower jaw or tongue forward, preventing them from falling back and compressing the airway. The majority of these gadgets are available over the counter, but you should check with your doctor to determine if they’re right for you.
You Should Sleep on Your Side
If you sleep on your back, switching to your side may help you stop snoring. Because the tongue and lower jaw are less prone to fall forward and impinge on the airway in this position, many people snore less on their sides than on their backs. If you have trouble staying on your side, a body cushion behind you could assist you to avoid mistakenly switching to back sleeping.
Limit your alcohol and tobacco intake
Both alcohol and cigarettes can relax muscles and create throat discomfort, which can generate vibrations in the airway. Snoring can be reduced by limiting or eliminating alcohol and/or tobacco use.
Make Use of an Adjustable Bed
By decreasing pressure on the airway, lifting the upper body can typically alleviate snoring. While the appropriate pillow can help, an adjustable bed is another wonderful choice that allows you to try out different positions to see what works best for you.
There are quite a few high-quality pillows available on the market, but there is a very specific pillow for snoring that will be perfect for you. To figure out which pillow for snoring is, it’s important to understand what your personal needs are. Do you like a pillow that will cradle your head while sleeping face down? Or do you prefer to have your head elevated at night? It’s time to start researching your next sleeping experience with these 8 best pillows for snoring.