As we get older, our body produces less and less collagen. As a result, this leads to varying signs of aging. Such as wrinkles, fine lines, and saggy skin. This can include crow’s feet around the eyes and frown lines in between your brows. No one wants to look old before the time comes.
It’s never too early (or too late) to take action. One step you can take is to add a collagen supplement to your diet. This article discusses the best liquid collagen supplements available today. We also explore what collagen is, how you can make sure you’re getting enough of it in your diet, and much more!
Our 5 Favorite Liquid Collagen
Best Liquid Collagen In 2022
1. Garden of Life Vegan Collagen Builder
|Brand||Garden of Life|
|Product Benefits||skin and nails., Silica, Green Tea, Rooibos Tea,|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Material Feature||Certified USDA Organic|
|Item Weight||0.2 Kilograms|
Naturally sourced collagen really only comes from animals. Many vegan collagen products on the market are collagen boosters, which means they’re filled with naturally occurring nutrients that promote collagen production. But just to be clear: There is no collagen in this product.
Garden of Life Organic Plant Collagen Builder may help support strong, healthy hair, skin, and nails through its rich plant food ingredients. This includes B vitamins (including biotin), vitamin C, silica, and antioxidants from pomegranate, turmeric, and green and rooibos tea. It’s certified organic, gluten-free, and kosher.
- Mykind Vegan Collagen hair supplement helps build the body’s own natural production of collagen with collagen co-nutrients such as Silica from Organic Bamboo for beautiful hair, skin, and nails—without any sugar or filler ingredients
- Our body’s ability to make collagen diminishes as we age; Making aging easier to bear, help restore and maintain youthful levels of collagen, keratin, and elastin with a collagen supplement with only plant-based ingredients—no animal collagen.No Magnesium Stearate
- Our plant-sourced collagen builder includes high polyphenolic Pomegranate to support skin health and protect against UV damage with 30+ fruits, vegetables, and herbs—vegan hair vitamins for women or men
- 2,500 mcg of whole food Biotin from Organic Sesbania and antioxidants from Organic Pomegranate, Turmeric, Amla, Green, and Rooibos Tea to support healthy skin, teeth and bones; Clean tablets are easy to swallow & dissolve easily
- Our vegan-friendly collagen pills by mykind Organics are real to the root—tested at every step—so you don’t have to settle for less than Third-party Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan, NSF Gluten-Free, and Kosher.
2. NeoCell Collagen +C Pomegranate Liquid
|Product Benefits||Healthy Skin, Hair|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Material Feature||Gluten Free|
Neocell offers a convenient, fruit-flavored collagen liquid if you prefer taking shots to pills or powders. This one comes with added vitamin C and other antioxidants from pomegranate, cranberry, elderberry, and green tea.
However, some reviewers say the product has a thick, medicinal vibe, and this liquid form actually doesn’t offer as much collagen per serving as powders.
- Nourish your body and boost your beauty with the key ingredients found in NeoCell Collagen plus Pomegranate Liquid
- The benefits of Vitamin C provide free radical cellular support and helps support cellular health.Gluten-free
- Contains pomegranate, green tea, cranberry, and elderberry and provides the antioxidant benefits of vitamin C
- For best results, take one (1) tablespoon alone or mix into six (6) Fl. oz. of water or juice
3. Liquid Collagen Peptides with Biotin – Hair, Skin, Nail, & Joint Support
|Special Ingredients||Collagen, Biotin|
|Specific Uses For Product||Hair Growth, Anti Aging, Energy, Skin, Nails|
|Product Benefits||Supports Hair Growth|
|Item Form||Liquid Drops|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||2.00 Fl Oz|
The Pure Research Liquid Collagen is another highly concentrated dropper formulation. It contains a mix of hydrolyzed type 1 and 3 collagen, great for radiant skin and hair, nails, bones, and flexible joints.
- We are dedicated to bringing you products with the best overall quality. Collagen is an important nutrient that provides healthy support and vitality for your skin, nails, hair, tendons, cartilage, bones, and joints. Carefully crafted with the purest ingredients, our supplement contains 20,000 mcg of hydrolyzed collagen per mL serving.
- Strengthening Formula – Infused with our concentrated Biotin a member of the B-complex family, Pure Research’s liquid collagen supplement is the perfect solution to help support healthy hair, radiant skin, beautiful nails, & flexible joints.
- Superior Nourishment – Our liquid collagen drops are delicately crafted with a high concentration of hydrolyzed Type I & Type III collagen peptides to provide your hair, skin, nails, & joints with long-lasting support, soothing and rejuvenating benefits.
- Easy-To-Take Liquid Drops – Our supplement tastes great, making your daily intake simple, effective, and easy to swallow. Alternatively, you may add one serving to your favorite beverage!
- A Brand You Can Trust – We are proud of the quality & purity of every bottle of liquid Collagen we sell. But if for some reason we do not meet your expectations, do not hesitate to contact us. We stand behind our biotin collagen beauty drops, and will do our best to make things right. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
4. Concentrated Liquid Collagen Peptides Supplement
|Primary Supplement Type||Vitamin B7|
Take one dropper per day and you’ll notice a youthful stride within just two weeks of use. This concentrated liquid supplement is packed with 10,000mcg Verisol B collagen peptides and 5,000 mcg biotin; both essential for healthy skin, hair, nails and joints. The results are truly remarkable: less stiffness in the knees, more elasticity to the skin on the face and neck area and improved hair quality in as little as two weeks!
- Rapid, lasting benefits. 1 lemon-flavored dropper under the tongue per day delivers 10,000mcg Verisol B collagen peptides and 5,000mcg biotin. Fast, noticeable results from your anti aging saviour.
- Glossy hair, glowing skin. Boost keratin and elastin levels for thick, strong hair, skin elasticity, and balanced oil and hydration. May support diet and lifestyle damage repair, and signs of age
- Look and feel confident. Collagen is an essential component of your skin, bones, hair, nails, ligaments, and tendons. This liquid formula is rapidly absorbed to turbo-charge your natural stores.
- Simple and effective. Forget mixing messy, chalky, clumping powders or taking multiple large, uncomfortable pills or tablets. A single, naturally-flavored dropper is packed with everything you need.
- Old-age insurance. We produce less collagen as we age, leading to dry skin, wrinkles, weaker bones and painful joints. This liquid helps maintain how you look, feel and perform – for years to come.
5. Vital Proteins Collagen Shots
|Material Feature||Gluten Free|
|Unit Count||24 Fl Oz|
You’ve probably heard of the now-famous vital proteins collagen peptides powder, which has been going strong in the marketplace for the last few years. Although it’s a fantastic product, you may not have the time to mix the powder for your daily collagen booster routine.
The Glow Collagen Shot from Vital Proteins is a great way to improve skin, nails, and hair in a convenient grab-and-go format. It contains collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c, and Biotin, which help to enhance your natural glow.
Vital proteins glow liquid collagen formula is perfect on the run beauty elixir.
- 7g of collagen peptides
- vitamin c and hyaluronic acid
What to look for in a Liquid collagen
Ready to shop? Here’s what to look for to get a collagen supplement.
There are at least 16 types of collagen, but almost all the collagen in the body is type 1, 2, or 3. Which you choose comes down to your goals for taking collagen:
- Types 1 and 3 are found primarily in the skin, organs, and bones. Bovine collagen (from cows) contains types 1 and 3 and is the most common form. Collagen from fish also primarily contains type 1. These types are usually marketed for the skin.
- Type 2 is found mainly in cartilage. Collagen sourced from chicken typically contains type 2. This type is often marketed for joint health.
Because collagen comes from animal sources, including bovine (cow), chicken, fish, and eggshells, it’s important to consider how these animals were raised. Quality and sustainability are key. You want to look for products from grass-fed or pasture-raised animals and sustainably sourced fish.
You can buy collagen supplements flavored or unflavored. The most important thing to think about here is how you’ll be taking it.
If it’s going to be mixed in water, a smoothie, or your morning acai bowl, flavor (or lack of it) might make or break your experience.
Make sure you pick one you like so you’re more likely to stick to your daily supplement routine.
Consider how you’d like to take your collagen. Do you want it to dissolve unnoticed into liquids, or is it going in your smoothie or overnight oats? Maybe you want to bypass powders entirely and just take a pill, a gummy, or purchase a premade collagen beverage to sip on throughout the day.
You want a list of ingredients that’s as small as possible, ideally with no sugar or unnecessary additives. Keep an eye out for added goodies like vitamin C (helps stimulate collagen production) and hyaluronic acid (provides added skin and joint benefits).
Since the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t have to evaluate the safety and quality of these supplements, third-party testing can be helpful. Third-party testing certification means a product contains what it says it does, and more importantly, contains nothing harmful. Look for seals from USP, NSF, or UL when purchasing products.
How Do Collagen Supplements Work? And do They Work?
When we consume collagen from food or supplements, it’s broken down into individual amino acids that are then put to work to repair and rebuild where needed.
Collagen peptide supplements in the form of pills, tonics, powders, or gummies may have a leg up on the food form because it’s hydrolyzed into peptides (smaller chains of amino acids) first. That means part of the digestion has already been handled for us, making what we consume much easier to absorb and use.
Studies that have looked at the absorption of collagen peptides found marine collagen tends to be absorbed better due to its low molecular weight. However, studies also show hydrolyzed collagen seems to be well absorbed in general and can boost circulating levels of important amino acids.
Frequently Asking Question
Does liquid collagen actually work?
In a 2018 placebo-controlled trial, participants who drank a liquid supplement containing hydrolyzed fish collagen daily for 90 days experienced an improvement in skin structure, elasticity, and hydration.
What is the most effective form of collagen to take?
Collagen peptide collagen peptides are usually considered the best form of collagen for ingestion. Hydrolyzed collagen should be taken if a person wants to take a collagen supplement. Hydrolyzed collagen means the collagen has been broken down into small peptides, which are easy for the body to digest.
Does collagen make you gain weight?
No, collagen does not cause you to gain weight. Collagen won’t cause you to explode with such massive increases of muscle in the gym that you’ll put on twenty pounds of muscle, and aside from helping you build muscle, there’s nothing in a collagen supplement that would cause you to gain weight.
Does liquid collagen absorb better than powder?
Ready-to-drink liquid collagen is digested and absorbed into the bloodstream quicker than collagen that comes in powder form because it is formulated to maximize the speed by which the body processes and uses it.
Why is liquid collagen better?
The benefit of most liquid collagens is that they are hydrolyzed. That means that its large proteins have already been broken down, saving our bodies a step and making them easier to absorb. It also makes the collagen powder or liquid better able to dissolve into liquids like smoothies or coffee.
Collagen’s positive effects on skin, hair and even nails are promising, but if you’re going to try liquid collagen for any of these purposes, make sure that it has the right stuff. Look for products that have quality and purity tests to ensure that their collagen really works for you.
Of course, safety is also a main concern when taking any kind of supplement. If you are taking a liquid collagen product as cosmetic medicine, discuss your plans with a doctor or health professional.