The best joint supplements offer greater flexibility to the joints, improved mobility, and support the body’s first line of defense against pain. When it comes to choosing a joint supplement, there are many ingredients that are being used in these products that help with pain and are anti-inflammatory (reduce swelling). The problem is there is no standardized way for manufacturers to list these ingredients.
Consumer Reports Best Joint Supplements Reviews
1. Osteo Bi-Flex joint Health Supplements with Immune Support
- One 120 count bottle of Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength(5) Glucosamine Chondroitin Joint Health Supplements
- Osteo Bi-Flex is the Number 1 pharmacist-recommended joint care supplement brand (3)
- Joint supplement features Joint Shield 5-LOXIN Advanced(2), a clinically studied herbal extract that has been shown to improve joint comfort in 7 days (1)(4)
- Includes glucosamine chondroitin to nourish and strengthen your joints for the long term (1)
- Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength(5) joint supplements offer Vitamin C for immune support (1)
|pecial Ingredients||Glucosamine, Chondroitin|
|Product Benefits||Immune Support|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Color||Vibrant Polished Nickel|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Material Feature||Tablet form|
You Were Made to Move…and Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength Joint Health Supplement helps you move the way you were made to. This glucosamine chondroitin Triple Strength(5) formula includes Joint Shield 5-LOXIN Advanced(2), an exclusive herbal extract that helps with occasional joint stiffness and soothes joints. This Osteo Bi-Flex joint supplement also includes Vitamin C for immune support.
Glucosamine chondroitin, an ingredient essential for the maintenance of joint cartilage and comfortable joint movement provides additional joint support to nourish and strengthen your joints for the long term.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (2)5-LOXIN Advanced is a trademark of PL Thomas – Laila Nutra, LLC. U.S. Patent #8,551,496 and international patents pending. (3)Based on the results of the Pharmacy Times Survey among pharmacists who recommend a “bone/joint strengthener” dietary supplement, 2021-2022.
Based on a 90-day human study where subjects rated their joint comfort after taking UC-II or 1500mg/1200mg of Glucosamine and Chondroitin. (5)Refers to the level of Glucosamine HCl in each tablet compared to Regular Strength. Individual Results May Vary.
Joint Shield 5-LOXIN Advanced
A highly concentrated form of Boswellia serrata that helps soothe your joints while improving joint function for comfortable movement.
The pharmacist recommended brand
For 14 years and counting, Osteo Bi-Flex has been the pharmacist’s go-to recommendation.
Support your joints so you can continue doing what you love
Osteo Bi-Flex is committed to supporting your joint comfort and mobility.
2. Move Free Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM Joint Support Supplement
- ADVANCED JOINT SUPPORT FOR MEN & WOMEN: This joint support supplement contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, Uniflex and MSM to help support the 5 signs of joint health!*
- JOINT COMFORT: Move Free Advanced contains UNIFLEX which is a clinically tested mineral complex that supports joint comfort in as little as 2 weeks.*
- EXTRA CARTILAGE SUPPORT: Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a source of sulfur found in the body that is important in the formation of collagen in joints. Collagen is a vital part of your joints because it supports the structure of cartilage.*
- SUPPORTS 5 SIGNS OF JOINT HEALTH: Move Free Advanced supports G3, PLUS it provides extra cartilage support.*
- DIRECTIONS: Adults take three (3) tablets once a day with a meal OR one (1) tablet three times daily with meals. This products contains a 40 day supply and is FSA eligible.
|Product Benefits||Bone & Joint Support|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Item Weight||0.42 Pounds|
|Unit Count||120 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.3 x 2.68 x 2.68 inches|
Move Free Advanced + MSM combines heritage joint support ingredients with the clinically studied mineral complex Uniflex. Uniflex has been shown to help support joint comfort in as little as 14 days.* Move Free Advanced + MSM contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Uniflex, and MSM to help support joint mobility, comfort, strength, flexibility, and lubrication.* PLUS it provides extra cartilage support! WHY GLUCOSAMINE: Glucosamine is key for the formation of cartilage (an essential building block of joints).
Glucosamine helps contribute to the healthy joint fluid that supports joint lubrication and smooth movement. It also supports the joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility you want in everyday life. WHY CHONDROITIN: Chondroitin is a building block of cartilage that supports joint strength by helping to resist compression in the joints. In the body, Chondroitin functions by attracting fluid to joints to support cushioning and lubrication.
WHY MSM: Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a source of sulfur found in the body that is important in the formation of collagen in joints. Collagen is a vital part of your joints because it supports the structure of cartilage. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What is Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is key for the formation of cartilage, an essential building block of your joints. Glucosamine also supports the strength, mobility, and flexibility you want in everyday life.
What is Uniflex?
Uniflex is a clinically tested mineral complex that supports joint comfort in as little as 2 weeks.
What is MSM?
MSM is a source of sulfur found in the body that is important in the formation of collagen joints. Collagen is a vital part of your joints because it supports the structure of cartilage.
3. BioSchwartz Natural Joint & Healthy Inflammatory Support
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine (black pepper, curcumin with black pepper) aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients; this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
|Recommended Uses For Product||Healthy Inflammatory, High Potency|
|Diet Type||Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
BioSchwartz Turmeric Capsules include turmeric extract which is standardized to contain 95% curcuminoids, the most potent compound in turmeric root with powerful antioxidant properties to maximize results.* To be effective, Turmeric supplements should have standardized 95% curcuminoids.
FROM 100% PURE TURMERIC POWDER
We use the purest, premium quality Turmeric powder to manufacture our Turmeric Curcumin supplement. The Turmeric extract and curcumin used in this supplement is grown under the strictest quality control standards. All the ingredients are also tested for heavy metals and solvent residues.
FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONALS
Every ingredient inside of BioSchwartz Turmeric with BioPerine (Premium Joint & Healthy Inflammatory Support Supplement) was carefully selected and combined by a team of healthcare professionals to achieve maximum potency and efficiency. Our supplement is the result of unparalleled science, research and strict quality control standards that makes us stand apart from the competition.
SUPERIOR ABSORPTION WITH BIOPERINE*
Our Premium Turmeric Capsules have 10mg of BioPerine per serving to increase absorption and bioavailability by up to 2000%. *Curcumin can only be effectively absorbed by our system when it is combined with piperine, the key compound in black pepper*. That is why to achieve the best health benefits of Turmeric, we suggest you always buy Turmeric with Black Pepper or BioPerine.
4. NeoCell Joint Complex, Type 2 Hydrolyzed Collagen Plus Joint
- COLLAGEN TYPE 2: NeoCell Joint Complex Hydrolyzed Collagen Type 2 is the key structural protein in cartilage tissue, which slows down as the body ages
- SUPPORT JOINTS & CARTILAGE: Formulated with hydrolyzed collagen to provide nutrients for joint and cartilage support, and supports healthy connective tissue
- HA HYDRATES SKIN: Hyaluronic acid in the body transports water to keep skin hydrated and support lubrication in the joints and connective tissue and promote elasticity
- BENEFITS: Contains key components to support and maintain youthful skin
- GLUTEN FREE + PALEO: This beauty supplement is Non-GMO (IGEN tested), Gluten-Free and Paleo-Friendly, and does not contain any soy, wheat, lactose or artificial flavors
|Product Benefits||Skin Hydrating|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Material Feature||GMO Free, No Artificial Flavors, Gluten Free, Lactose Free|
|Unit Count||120 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Model Name||Neocell Joint Type 2 Hydrolyzed Collagen Plus Support ‘ Package May Vary|
NeoCell Joint Complex is formulated with hydrolyzed collagen to provide nutrients for joint and cartilage support. Formulated with Collagen Type 2, this supplement helps support healthy connective tissue. NeoCell Joint Complex includes hyaluronic acid, which is an essential nutrient and lubricant for healthy joints and skin. The addition of hyaluronic acid helps support supple, hydrated skin and contributes to tissue hydration throughout the body.
Also, the ingredients are Non-GMO (IGEN tested), Gluten-Free, and Paleo-Friendly, and it contains no soy, wheat, lactose, or artificial flavors. Boost your inner strength with NeoCell Collagen Joint Complex. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Activate Your Inner Beauty
Collagen Type 2 is a joint specific collagen that contains key components for joint cartilage support.
Joint Complex Capsules
These capsules promote total joint support.
Easy Addition to Your Routine
Take four capsules daily to support your inner beauty.
5. Garden of Life mykind Organics Maximum Strength Turmeric Joints
- Promotes joint health & mobility with 500mg of curcumin from organic turmeric—5X the strength of our Extra Strength Turmeric
- Organic turmeric root, with turmeric and ginger root fermented to support bioavailability
- Black pepper and probiotics for enhanced digestion
- Nutrients from real foods using water extraction & clean tablet technology with 100% organic & non-GMO tablet materials—no soy or corn-derived ingredients or chemicals
- Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, NSF Certified Gluten Free, Certified Vegan & Kosher
|Recommended Uses For Product||Joint Health|
|Brand||Garden of Life|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
If you’re looking to support joint health and mobility-look no further than Maximum Strength Turmeric. Turmeric root is packed with beneficial compounds, especially curcumin, that work together to support the body’s antioxidant processes. Our Maximum Strength Turmeric includes Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Verified whole turmeric root plus organic ginger root, fermented to support their bioavailability. We’ve added 5X the Strength-500mg of curcumin to this power-packed formula.
Certified Non-GMO Project Verified*
– The gold standard and most rigorous testing to ensure no GMOs throughout the entire supply chain.
– Rigorous traceability and segregation practices for ingredient integrity.
– Does not contain meat, fish, fowl, animal by-products (including silk or dyes from insects), eggs or egg products, milk or milk products, honey or honey bee products.
– Involves no animal testing of ingredients or finished products by the supplier, producer, manufacturer, or independent party.
Certified USDA Organic*
– Commitment to clean ingredients enforced from start to finish.
– No prohibited herbicides, pesticides, or fungicides.
– No usage of GMOs, hormones, or antibiotics.
Ingredients to Relieve Joint Pain
Turmeric is a spice that has been used to treat a variety of diseases for millennia.
Curcumin is the most important component of turmeric. It is a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric can help to lessen your body’s natural inflammatory response and relieve joint and overall discomfort.
Curcumin was found to be more effective than typical anti-inflammatory drugs in one study of persons with rheumatoid arthritis. Curcumin treatment has no negative side effects, according to the study.
In addition, according to a 2016 review, 8-12 weeks of standardized turmeric extract (about 1000 mg/day of curcumin) can reduce arthritic pain and inflammation.
Glucosamine is a naturally occurring substance that can be found in our bodies. It is mostly found in cartilage, which serves as a cushion between the bones of a joint. Glucosamine is found in several products that claim to ease joint pain and enhance joint cartilage repair.
While some people experience relief from joint pain and inflammation after taking glucosamine, evidence on the supplement’s efficacy is mixed. Supplements containing glucosamine hydrochloride, for example, did not relieve pain in people with knee osteoarthritis, according to one meta-analysis.
Another study found that glucosamine sulfate reduced stiffness in osteoarthritis patients but did not reduce pain appreciably when compared to a placebo.
Fish Oil is a kind of omega-3 fatty
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) are two omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil that can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
According to a 2017 systematic review, fish oil can help patients with rheumatoid arthritis feel better. However, it’s worth noting that the data for utilizing fish oil in osteoarthritis patients is of poor quality.
Another study from 2015 found that omega-3 supplementation can help people with rheumatoid arthritis have fewer uncomfortable, swollen joints and morning stiffness.
When compared to the placebo group, participants who consumed omega-3 fatty acids to alleviate joint pain were able to reduce their pain medications.
Chondroitin, like glucosamine, is a substance found in the body’s cartilage. It’s a common element in joint health pills that claim to alleviate joint discomfort.
According to a study published in 2016, chondroitin sulfate can reduce knee discomfort by up to 20%. When taken for two years, chondroitin sulfate can also narrow joint space, according to the study.
Although data on the usefulness of both glucosamine and chondroitin are mixed, according to the Arthritis Foundation, they are both safe to try. The combination is frequently regarded as the most effective joint supplement for knee discomfort.
How Do You Pick The Best Joint Pain Supplements?
Unlike drugs given by your doctor, dietary supplements, including joint pain supplements, are not required by law to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). As a result, doing your research before choosing joint pain relief pills is critical.
First and foremost, make sure you purchase your joint pain supplement from a reliable source. Choose a brand that has been established for a long time and has received excellent feedback from real customers.
The next step is to choose a product that has been thoroughly tested by a third party. An outside business has independently tested a third-party supplement to guarantee that the components match what’s on the label and that the product is safe to consume.
Finally, analyze the supplement’s price. While low-cost items may not be created with high-quality materials, some products make exaggerated promises and are quite expensive.
If you’ve been taking a supplement for a few months and haven’t seen any results, it’s time to talk to your doctor about other treatments or medications.
Do any supplements actually help joints?
Some people use supplements to try to help manage joint pain from arthritis. Glucosamine, chondroitin, omega-3, and green tea are just a few of them. Glucosamine helps keep the cartilage in joints healthy and may have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Who should not take glucosamine?
Glucosamine may also increase glaucoma risk. Therefore, it shouldn’t be taken by those at risk of developing glaucoma, including those with a family history of glaucoma, people ages 60 or older, and those who have diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure
Why do all my joints ache?
Acute pain in multiple joints is most often due to inflammation, gout, or the beginning or flare up of a chronic joint disorder. Chronic pain in multiple joints is usually due to osteoarthritis or an inflammatory disorder (such as rheumatoid arthritis) or, in children, juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Consumer Reports Best Joint Supplements: Supplement companies that issue press releases need to be held to account. They’re not doing customers a favor if they don’t stand behind their supplements and provide third party verification of their claims. Customers have the right to know that the claims being made about the best joint supplements are backed up. The companies named above have all chosen to be among those that just make claims and do not substantiate them.