Allergy testing is considered a vital step in addressing allergies. With the growing awareness about allergies and the danger it causes to our bodies, various companies have ventured into the market with their own home allergy test kits. The purpose of this article is to review some of the kits available, how they work, and the best home allergy test kit.
How do at-home allergy tests work?
When you go to an allergist, dermatologist, or primary care physician to get an allergy diagnosis, they perform a variety of tests. This usually entails a skin prick test and a blood test for immunoglobulin E (IgE). You’ll also discuss your medical history and any symptoms you’re experiencing.
A little blood sample is used in most at-home allergy tests. You’ll get everything you need to take the sample when you order a kit.
You’ll squeeze drops of blood onto the card or sample tube given after pricking your finger with the attached lancet and mailing it back to the test business. Kits come with step-by-step instructions and all of the materials you’ll need.
Many of the businesses collaborate with labs all throughout the country. In those circumstances, you’ll order the test online and then have the blood drawn at a nearby lab. There is no need for a doctor’s appointment, and there are no hidden costs. Furthermore, insurance is not necessary.
Your sample or blood will be examined at a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)Trusted Source certified lab when you send it in or have it drawn. This certification signifies that the lab has met state and federal certification requirements and is inspected on a regular basis to guarantee compliance. Board-certified physicians also review and approve the tests.
Companies that offer these at-home allergy testing should also be HIPAA-compliant, so you can rest assured that your test results are kept safe.
Hair samples are used instead of blood in some at-home allergy tests. While they are less expensive, they are widely regarded as erroneous. IgE antibodies are not found in hair.
Best Home Allergy Test Kit Reviews
1. 5Strands Food Intolerance Test
- Fastest Growing Health Test. A Holistic approach to taking back your health. The 5Strands Food Intolerance Test offers intolerance testing to 640+ proteins, grains, fruits, vegetables, seafood, gluten, additives, preservatives, sweeteners, beverages, dairy, fats, etc. Your results will create a recommended elimination guideline.
- How Are We Different? With this at-home collection kit, learning about how your body is responding to your current dietary decisions has never been so easy. We use Bioresonance technology to determine the food items creating a temporary imbalance in the gut microbiome. Your results will help guide you to eliminate any intolerance or sensitivity and allow time for the gut to rebalance.
- Actual Reviews. Do not just take our word for it. Read our hundreds of verified testimonies. Our USA Small Business is on a mission to empower people with educational information about their health to reduce everyday discomforts like upset stomachs, inflammation, skin irritations, bloating, headaches, acne, etc. Once you eliminate the food items from your diet, you can see symptoms lessen or disappear.
- Why Customers Love 5Strands. Many customers find answers to problems that traditional medicine could not solve. Our holistic approach using energy-based technology allows us to get to the root cause of discomforts. Create a lifestyle and dietary change. No more prescriptions or painful bloodwork. Just a hair sample! Learn to consume in moderation with rotation to enhance your nutrition plan today.
- Buy Now Risk Free. Our process is simple. (1) Purchase kit (2) Register kit (3) Collect hair sample (4) Send back to 5Strands (5) Receive testing results on customer portal within 5-7 days *of your sample's arrival. Be sure to keep your tracking information when sending back hair samples. This test requires 100% interaction to see any results.
The 5Strands Human Food Intolerance Test looks at 640 food ingredients that may be causing you discomfort. Once you receive your results, you will get an instant elimination guide that will help you find any intolerances you can get rid of immediately.
Whether it’s headaches, upset stomach, acid reflux, or fatigue, there’s going to be something you’re unaware of that’s causing these listed discomforts. 5Strands makes it simple to discover the truth about where your random discomforts are coming from.
80,000+ Satisfied Customers
Our food intolerance test has helped many people enjoy a healthier life. Our health and well-being can make the lives we live seem better. You’ll be able to track your test results with the NEW 5Strands mobile app.
What exactly is Bioresonance Testing?
The many types of matter in our world share characteristics of both waves and particles, emitting electromagnetic waves. Every person, pet, microbe, food substance, or toxin has its own personal wavelength or frequency with unique characteristics. This accounts for all cells in the body, including substances like pollens, toxins, viruses, bacteria, food, etc.
Intolerances vs. Allergies
5Strands non-invasive testing cannot be compared to a blood allergy test. Intolerance testing measures temporary instances caused by your environment, food, & nutrition that could harm your well-being.
Stop letting obvious symptoms go unnoticed
Here at 5Strands, we want your test results to be certain, accurate, and successful in the search for what’s causing you unwanted discomforts.
We urge you to reach out if you have questions or need assistance with implementing your results. Making necessary lifestyle changes can be an overwhelming transition, so reach out and we’ll answer.
Register Your Kit
Once your collection kit arrives, register the kit online so we can get started!
Collect Hair Sample
For the best results, collect 10-15 strands of your hair and mail them to 5Strands, so your results are accurate and successful.
Wait For Results
After we receive your sample, you’ll only have to wait 10 days for your test results to return to you.
Our mission is to empower families with a voice about their own health care and wellness. We strive to fill the void of consumer-driven needs with our affordable testing kits.
2. Check My Body Health Food Allergy Test Kit
- Discover your food intolerances: Food intolerances are often not given the time of day and sometimes dismissed as picky eating. In fact, there are millions of people who have food intolerances but don’t know it. Food intolerances can trigger a number of symptoms such as indigestion, fatigue, headaches and skin problems. Our bioresonance food intolerance test kit will help you to determine the cause of your intolerance from the comfort of your home.
- Simple to use: Test your sensitivities and intolerances with no doctor’s appointment. It’s simple, send us your hair *in the prepaid envelope* and let us do the rest. Using bioresonance technology we screen your sample against 970 food and non-food sensitivities. Our professional kit tests for sensitivities including; food & drink, environmental sensitivity, heavy metals, minerals, Vitamin A-K including Vitamin D, additives, gut health and digestion.
- Fast results in 3-5 days: Testing results take 2-3 days after the hair sample is received at the processing facility. Our test results are then sent directly to your email for your peace of mind. Our customer support team is available via email or live chat to assist with any questions along your journey.
- Easy to understand results: Gain meaningful insights about your health with our easy-to-understand test results. View online or download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips within your comprehensive test report.
- Includes food diary: All of our tests include a personalised food diary template and diet elimination advice, allowing you to put your food intolerance knowledge into action. If you suspect you have a food intolerance this is the kit for you. We are so confident you will be amazed by the results that we offer a 100% money back guarantee (terms and conditions apply).
What we test The Complete Sensitivity Bioresonance Test test boasts our most extensive range of items tested. This test offers a vast array of food sensitivities and uniquely has a dedicated vegan section. Environmental sensitivities including pollen, plants, materials and insects, heavy metals, mineral levels, vitamin levels, gut bacteria, digestive enzymes, and a huge range of food and cosmetic additives are also tested. All of our tests include a 100% satisfaction 6 week guarantee!
Free elimination diet advice Free food diary template 3-5 day results turnaround from a sample received The following categories are tested within the Complete Sensitivity Test: Food sensitivities Non-food sensitivities Metal sensitivities Mineral analysis Vitamin A-K Gut health Additives, colorings, sweeteners, emulsifiers Digestion.
Discover Your Food Intolerances
Our Check My Body allergy testing kit is the most innovative new way to discover your food intolerances. Using the latest in bioresonance technology, our test kit will quickly and accurately discover what food intolerances you may have, and their contributing factors. No longer will you have to suffer the consequences of these intolerances – just find out what they are with our test kit.
CheckMyBody.com offers a large range of hair tests to explore your nutrition and health. Small, convenient for home sample test kit orders. Get what you want, without the hassle and wait. We are proud of our customers who have found success in their personal journey due to the timely results provided by CheckMyBody.com
3. UCARI Intolerance & Food Sensitivity Test Kit
- INTOLERANCE TEST FOR HEALTHY LIVING - Access insights into your body without barriers. No needles. No lab visits. No waiting rooms. No co-pays. By analyzing strands of your hair, UCARI at-home tests help identify intolerances and sensitivities that may be causing you to feel tired, bloated, congested, mentally fatigued, break out, and more! THIS IS NOT AN ALLERGY TEST, it identifies imbalances, intolerances & sensitivities. Speak with your doctor to determine an allergy.
- LEARN MORE FROM RESULTS - To help you along your wellness journey, UCARI offers the most comprehensive nutrition test kit available. Unlike a gluten test, gut test, or homeopathic allergy test, which only pinpoint sensitivities to one type of food, our at home test provides results about how your diet, your environment, and your favorite everyday skin care products may be causing physical symptoms not related to immune responses.
- SCREEN FOR 1500+ POSSIBLE INTEROLANCES - To help you make informed lifestyle decisions, we use trusted bioresonance technology to compare your unique electromagnetic frequency against 630+ foods, 300+ environmental factors, 400+ potential nutritional imbalances, and 300+ skincare ingredients. UCARI can help identify a lactose or gluten intolerance, sensitivities to heavy metals, pollen, or fabric, nutrient levels, and incompatibilities with ingredients found in personal care items.
- EASY TO USE - After receiving your UCARI wellness testing kit, register your unique kit ID online. Follow the instructions for collecting hair sample, then mail it using the prepaid envelope. Our Florida-based lab will compare the electromagnetic signals from your hair against an encyclopedic database to identify possible intolerances. 24-48 hours after your sample is received back in the mail from the USPS, you’ll receive an email notifying you that your results are ready for review.
- EASY TO READ REPORTS - Because dedication to health is a lifestyle change, UCARI is your wellness partner for a lifetime. Our medically validated results are charted and color-coded for easy reading. In addition to helping you understand every finding, our medical and wellness team provides you with actionable tips through weekly livestreams, a nutritional database, and one-on-one advice to guide you to greater levels of wellbeing, no matter your age.
Discover what foods, environmental factors, skincare ingredients, or nutritional deficiencies that could be causing chronic symptoms like fatigue, dry skin, gastrointestinal distress, headaches, and more!*
The UCARI test gives you the insight you need to make informed decisions and take control of your well-being.
UCARI is NOT an allergy test and does not determine what causes an immune response. UCARI only identifies possible intolerances so you can make informed decisions about your lifestyle.
Easy To Use
Easy to use at-home hair test works with any smartphone for instant test results (sold separately). Recent clinical trials with over 6,000 participants have shown that UCARI’s bioimpedance hair test accurately identifies common health issues like intolerances and sensitivities – information that is easily digestible, empowering you to make informed decisions about how you can make simple changes to improve your overall health.
SCREEN FOR OVER 1500 INTEROLANCES
We employ trusted bioresonance technology to compare your unique electromagnetic frequency to 630+ meals, 300+ environmental factors, 400+ potential nutritional imbalances, and 300+ skincare components to help you make informed lifestyle decisions. UCARI can assist identify lactose or gluten intolerance, heavy metal, pollen, or fabric sensitivities, nutritional levels, and incompatibilities with personal care chemicals.
EASY TO READ REPORTS
UCARI is your wellness partner for life because commitment to health is a lifestyle change. For easy reading, our medically validated data are charted and color-coded. Our medical and wellness staff, in addition to helping you comprehend every finding, offers you practical ideas through weekly live streams, a nutritional database, and one-on-one guidance to help you achieve greater levels of wellbeing, regardless of your age.
4. Building Health Check Allergen Test Kit
- ✔ ALL IN ONE: When you purchase BUILDING HEALTH CHECK allergen test kit you are taking the first step towards putting quality back in your air. Don’t worry about the air in your home, with this mold detector you can check the air in your home for mold, dust, and allergens. Identifies and provides concentration levels of allergens, including mold, pollen, skin cells, fiberglass. Some allergens include pollen, mold and more!
- ✔ MOLD TEST KIT - The allergen testing kit includes everything you need to test for elevated mold in your air and on surfaces. It contains the same sample collection device used by professionals.
- ✔ EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND RESULTS: Gain meaningful insights about your health with easy-to-understand test results. Download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips along the way.
- ✔ PROFESSIONAL RESULTS: Test your home’s air quality with the only trusted, accurate, and expert-developed mold and dust testing kit. We partner with Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab) to provide you with a report of their findings at no additional cost via email or mail within 3-5 business days after the sample is received.
- ✔ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We are so confident you will love "BUILDING HEALTH CHECK STORE" products. You are our #1 priority and we are committed to providing 100% customer satisfaction. So, If you are unsatisfied with our products ever, reach out to us and we will do all we can, to ensure your complete satisfaction. Your satisfaction is our priority.
Make sure your indoor air quality is safe and allergen free! The air we breathe indoors constantly has millions of microscopic particulates of various types floating around. Everything we breathe will eventually fall to a surface. Some of these particulate types can cause adverse health issues that can be allergenic or toxic in nature.
Our Allergen Test Kit is designed to provide detailed concentration levels of multiple types of pollutants that can be found on strategic surface locations in the home or workplace. Using our revolutionary Bio-Scan400 device, you can collect samples and receive accurate, detailed analyses of your environment and the pollutants that may be present.
We partner with Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab) to provide you with a report of their findings at no additional cost via email or mail within 3-5 business days. This report will show detailed information about the total amount of pollutants present in your sample (measured in Counts/cm²), and guidelines for what is considered to be normal and what is outside of the safe range.
Quick And Easy
Symptoms of allergies can include sneezing, a runny nose, coughing, itchy eyes or skin, and other discomforts. If you suspect that you may have allergies, you can use the Building Health Allergen Check test kit. This quick and easy to use kit measures specific IgG antibodies in a single drop of blood which are related to common indoor allergens including cat, dog, pollen, dust mites, and mold.
Built using the same sample collection device used by professionals, our Health Check Allergen Test Kit provides insurance-approved results with every use. The kit tests for over 150 of the most common indoor/outdoor allergens, can be performed test-in-a-box, and detects allergen levels that are less than 10x what is considered to be a good indicator of overall indoor air quality.
CDC Certified Lab Analysis Report
Health Check Allergen Test Kit is a breakthrough tool that allows you to test for multiple allergens in your home. The kit uses state-of-the-art RAST testing methodology to provide reliable, quantitative results in just two easy steps. This kit includes a detailed and CDC Certified Lab Analysis Report in 3-5 business days (Includes shipping and handling fees)
5. EverlyWell Food Sensitivity Test
- HELPFUL TEST - The test measures IgG antibody reactivity to 96 different foods from a small blood sample. You can then use your results to help guide a two-part elimination diet to pinpoint the foods you're sensitive to. (Note: food sensitivities are different than food allergies and intolerances. This is not an allergy test.) Test not available in the following states: New York, Rhode Island, New Jersey. Test Taker Ages 18+
- GUIDANCE FOR AN ELIMINATION DIET - This test is a great place to start if you are looking to understand how your body responds to a wide variety of foods. Food sensitivities may contribute to migraines and gastrointestinal distress. Finding the symptom-causing foods isn't always easy, but the Everlywell Food Sensitivity Test makes it easier by giving you useful information that can help guide a two-part elimination diet.
- EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND RESULTS - Gain meaningful insights about your health and wellness with easy-to-understand test results. Download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips along the way.
- CERTIFIED LABS - Each partner lab we choose to work with is CLIA-certified (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments). This means they have to meet high standards to obtain both state and federal certifications and submit themselves to regular inspections.
- PHYSICIAN-REVIEWED - Everlywell test orders and results are reviewed and approved by an independent board-certified physician within your state.
Everlywell’s Food Sensitivity Test measures IgG antibody reactivity to 96 different foods from a small blood sample. You can then use this test result to help guide a two-part elimination diet to help pinpoint your intolerances and sensitivities (though, food sensitivities are different than food allergies and intolerances). This test is not available in the following states: New York, Rhode Island, and New Jersey. Test taker ages should be 18 or older.
HELP WITH AN ELIMINATION DIET
If you want to learn how your body reacts to a wide range of foods, this test is a fantastic place to start. Migraines and gastrointestinal pain may be caused by food sensitivities. Finding the foods that cause your symptoms isn’t always straightforward, but the Everlywell Food Sensitivity Test can assist by providing important information that can guide you through a two-part elimination diet.
RESULTS THAT ARE EASY TO UNDERSTAND
With simple-to-understand test results, you may learn a lot about your health and wellness. Download it and give it to your doctor, family, or friends. Along the road, we’ll give you extra information and useful hints.
Each of the labs with which we collaborate is CLIA-certified (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments). This means they must meet stringent requirements in order to get state and federal certifications, as well as submit to frequent inspections.
What’s the difference between food intolerance and a food allergy?
There’s a distinction to be made between being allergic to something and being intolerant to it.
True food allergies activate the immune system, which results in a reaction from the body.
The digestive system is the cause of food sensitivity (or food intolerance), which is more common than a food allergy. The body’s inability to correctly metabolize food causes food sensitivities.
Food sensitivities aren’t usually dangerous, but food allergies can be.
Before you buy an at-home allergy test kit, here’s what you should know
To assess your allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances, each allergy test kit is designed to test a certain number of chemicals. If you choose a test kit with restricted testing capabilities, it’s possible that some of the compounds to which you’re allergic aren’t included. A test kit that examines for pet or insect allergies, for example, will not provide useful information about your food sensitivity. However, if you’re looking for an allergy test kit with a wide range of testing capabilities, there are test kits that check for a wide range of allergies or intolerances.
Not every reaction to a chemical is an allergic reaction. The reaction to an irritant is sometimes referred to as intolerance or even a sensitivity, but not as an allergy. The length of time it takes for symptoms to appear is the main distinction between these reactions. An allergy usually develops within minutes of exposure to the allergen, while sensitivity develops 30 minutes to an hour later. If it’s an intolerance, there’s usually no immunological response, and symptoms can appear anywhere from an hour to two days later.
If you have allergies, one question you might have is whether or not at-home allergy test kits provide accurate results. This is critical because if your allergy test indicates that you have an allergy when you don’t, it can lead to unneeded lifestyle changes. Check if the company’s data and methods have been peer-reviewed by the scientific or medical community to see if the diagnosis provided by your at-home allergy test kit is accurate. If this is the case, the outcome is most likely correct. Some test kit companies collaborate with certified third-party lab partners who have independently evaluated the test kit’s accuracy.
What to look for in an at-home allergy test kit of good quality
Allergies can be triggered by a variety of substances, including food, dust, pollen, cat or dog dander, insect stings, mold, and even latex. Always check the types of substances the kit tests for when purchasing an at-home allergy test kit to ensure you’re making the right purchase.
The method of sample collection used by at-home allergy test kits varies. Some kits include a lancet that allows you to prick your finger, collect the blood on a sample card, and mail it back to the company for analysis, while others instruct you to order the test online but have your blood sample drawn at a location of your choice.
It usually takes several days for your sample to be analyzed before it is sent to you after it has been submitted for testing. If you need your results in a matter of days, you may have to choose one of the options with a faster turnaround time. However, you should check to see if the company’s stated waiting time is consistent with user reviews.
Review of the findings
Some allergy test kits allow you to speak with a doctor or one of the company’s certified health specialists about your results over the phone or via live chat. There are also companies that provide a group webinar with a health care professional where you learn how to read your result and ask questions.
Some companies utilize state-of-the-art encryption technology to ensure the security of their user information. If you want to confirm the safety of your data, you can look out for the HIPAA-compliant label or a statement on the test packaging where the company states that they don’t intend to sell your data to third-party organizations.
How much you can expect to spend on an at-home allergy test kit
On average, at-home allergy test kits cost between $60-and $160, with the more expensive options usually having a wider range of substances that they test for.
Which allergy test is most accurate?
Oral Food Challenge (OFC) is the most accurate test to determine whether you have a food allergy. It can also determine whether you have outgrown a food allergy. During an OFC, you will eat pre-measured doses of a suspected food allergen and be closely monitored in the clinic for any type of reaction.
Are allergy tests worth it?
In general, allergy skin tests are reliable for diagnosing allergies to airborne substances, such as pollen, pet dander, and dust mites. Skin testing may help diagnose food allergies. But because food allergies can be complex, you may need additional tests or procedures.
Is coffee OK before allergy testing?
24 hours before the test Avoid all foods, beverages, and medications containing Caffeine, which includes coffee, tea, chocolate, most soft drinks, and some over the counter migraine medicines. Do not take the following medications Singulair, Accolate, Zyflo, Theophylline, Atrovent, Combivent, Duoneb, and Sudafed.
All in all, a good home allergy test kit can confirm whether or not you are allergic to the allergen in question. It will offer an at-home solution for determining your level of sensitivity to an allergen that was never before accessible. In fact, you can set your own level of sensitivity, and make an informed decision about when and how to proceed with treatment accordingly. As with any allergy treatment method, its important that you consult a doctor if you are unsure of what to do next.