It is the one and the only thing we use in our mouth, so it makes sense that we give it enough thought. A toothbrush is an instrument that should be used regularly for maintaining dental health. The fact is that if you are serious about preventing and treating dental ailments as well as developing good habits then the best electric toothbrush under 100 will make your life easier.
Best Electric Toothbrush Under 100 Reviews:
1. Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Model Name||Oral B Pro 1000 Electric Toothbrush|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.33 x 2.17 x 9.96 inches|
The Oral-B PRO 1000 rechargeable electric toothbrush provides a clinically proven superior clean vs. a regular manual toothbrush. The professionally inspired design of the CrossAction brush head (Refill Color May Vary) surrounds each tooth with bristles angled at 16 degrees, and 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300% more plaque along the gumline vs. a regular manual toothbrush. The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and there is 1 mode, plus an in-handle timer to help you brush for a dentist-recommended 2 minutes. Best of all, it’s brought to you by Oral-B – the #1 brand used by dentists worldwide*. Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, FlossAction, TriZone, Deep Sweep, ProWhite, Ortho, PowerTip, and Dual Clean. *Based on surveys of a representative worldwide sample of dentists carried out for P&G regularly. If the charge indicator light is not flashing immediately, continue charging. It will appear in 10–15 minutes; Rechargeable with 1 mode: Daily Clean.
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300 percent more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual toothbrush
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle timer helps you brush for a dentist recommended 2 minutes
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush head, and 1 charger
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads: CrossAction, 3D White, Sensitive Clean, Precision Clean, FlossAction, Deep Sweep, Ortho, and Dual Clean. Does not fit iO brush heads
- Packaging may vary, Refill color may vary.
2. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Power Toothbrush
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.56 x 6.81 x 9.33 inches|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
Improve your gum health up to 100% better than a manual toothbrush with the Protective Clean 5100 rechargeable electric toothbrush. It has a pressure sensor that protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure. Brush heads wear out over time. Our Brush Sync technology tracks how long you have been using your optimal gum Care brush head and how hard you have been brushing. Your electric toothbrush will beep to inform you when to replace your brush head. Customize your own brushing experience with your choice of 3 modes: Clean, White, and Gum Care. The easy-start feature slowly increases the power of the brush as you get used to the Sonicare experience and the smarter encourages a full 2 minute brushing time as recommended by your dental professional. The battery charge indicator light lets you know when it is time to recharge; 2-week battery life. The kit includes 1 protective Clean 5100 handle, 1 Optimal gum Care brush head, 1 charger, 1 Travel case. Handle Slim ergonomic design.
- Improve your gum health up to 100 percent with a safe and gentle experience vs. a manual toothbrush
- Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you’re brushing too hard
- Always know when to replace your brush head for an effective clean with the brush head replacement reminder. Handle: Slim ergonomic design
- Personalize your brushing experience with 3 modes: Clean, White, and Gum Care; Voltage: 110-220 V
- 2 minute Smartimer with QuadPacer helps ensure Dental Professional recommended brushing time and a consistent clean throughout your mouth
3. PRO-SYS VarioSonic Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
|Power Source||Corded Electric, Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7 x 3.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
The PRO-SYS VarioSonic power toothbrush allows you to customize your brushing experience for a dentist-like clean at home. Combining 5 different soft brush heads and 5 different cleaning modes allows 25 possible intensities- making it the right power brush for any periodontal conditional. Experience the freedom to choose the ideal level of cleaning power and dynamic brush head articulation every time. For everyday cleaning of healthy teeth and gums, choose mode 5. If you have sensitive teeth and gums, start with mode 1. Try the V105 Feather soft brush head for sensitive teeth, the V200M brush head for healthy teeth and gums, and the other three in between to best fit your needs.
Ordinary brushing is inexact and can lead to enamel loss, gum disease, and painful sensitivity when done improperly. With the latest technology, our intelligent PRO-SYS VarioSonic electric toothbrush for adults eliminates the guesswork. Five different precision brush heads allow you to select one ideal for your individual teeth and gums—something that is especially important if you suffer from periodontal disease symptoms, have a sensitivity or bleeding, or use braces, dentures, or veneers. Try one today.
- 25 POSSIBLE INTENSITIES: 5 brush head types x 5 brushing speeds. Pick the right electric toothbrush cleaning mode for the specific oral condition you or your loved ones may have. Simply choose the power toothbrush head that feels right for you and leaves your teeth clean. Try Mode 5 if you have healthy gums. Choose mode 1 with the Feather soft brush head for those with sensitive teeth and gums
- 5 LEVELS OF CLEANING POWER: Choose the mode on our automatic toothbrush that works best for your smile. Experience clinical-level oral hygiene without exerting excess pressure that can damage teeth and gums. The combination of soft DuPont bristle filaments and microprocessor-controlled motion delivers deep cleaning together with total comfort
- 5 PRECISION BRUSH HEADS: Our best electric toothbrush heads are scientifically designed to remove plaque safely, gently, and efficiently. From feather soft for sensitive teeth to normal soft, all 5 brush heads promote teeth and gum health for any oral condition
- EXTRA LONG BATTERY LIFE: Fully charged, you could use our electronic toothbrush up to one month under normal use
- CONTENTS: Electric toothbrush, 5 brush heads, charging dock, USB wall adapter, travel case, 1 YEAR WARRANTY
4. Philips Sonicare 1100 Power Toothbrush
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||1100 Series|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.48 x 4.29 x 8.66 inches|
Going electric might feel like a big step, but with this brush, you’re in safe hands. Its slim ergonomic design and familiar-shaped head give you everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Sonicare technology gently pulses water between your teeth, for a difference you can feel. The kit includes 1 Philips Sonicare 1100 electric toothbrush, 1 SimplyClean (C1) brush head, and 1 USB charger (wall adaptor not included).
- 2 minute SmarTimer with QuadPacer ensure Dentist-recommended brushing time
- The slim ergonomic design makes brushing easier and more comfortable
- Easy-start gently eases you into the electric brushing experience by gradually increasing power
- Long battery life with battery light indicator: One charge lasts for 2 weeks
- Includes: 1 Philips Sonicare 1100 electric toothbrush, 1 SimplyClean (C1) brush head, and 1 USB charger (wall adaptor not included)
5. AquaSonic Vibe Series Ultra Whitening Toothbrush
|Color||Satin Rose Gold|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
AquaSonic Vibe Series Ultra Whitening Toothbrush. The Vibe Series has earned the prestigious ADA seal of approval meaning it has shown efficacy in removing plaque and helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis. With four unique modes that include one for whitening and polishing teeth and one for improving gum health, your AquaSonic electric toothbrush will provide you with complete oral care by taking care of your teeth and your gums.
- 40,000 VPM Smart Toothbrush – Beauty, brains, and power. The Vibe Series is a world class modern electric toothbrush packed with the most up to date technology. It features an ultra-powerful and industry leading motor producing 40,000 vibrations per minute, lithium-ion battery, ultra-fast wireless charging, 4 mode operation, smart vibration timers, 8 DuPont engineered brush heads and bristles, and a custom travel case; all with a sleek ultra-slim, lightweight and IPX7 rated waterproof design.
- Accepted by the American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Scientific Affairs – We put our money where your mouth is. Investing in premium oral care technologies has earned the Vibe Series the prestigious ADA seal of approval. It has shown efficacy in removing plaque and helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis. Vibe Series goes beyond just cleaning teeth – it provides complete oral care with unique modes that include one for whitening and polishing teeth and one for improving gum health.
- 8 DuPont Brush Heads & Travel Case Included – Every Vibe Series toothbrush comes with 8 brush heads engineered by world famous DuPont; a world leader in quality & materials science. Each brush head lasts 4 months so 8 will last for over 2.5 years. Also included is a convenient custom hardshell travel case made of BPA Free plastic with space for two brush heads. AquaSonic can last 4 full weeks (2 min/2x a day) on a full charge so it’s perfect for on the go travel with the included travel case.
- Modern Tech For Complete Oral Care – The Vibe Series brings toothbrushes into modern times with its built in enhanced features. Ultra fast wireless charging (forget cheap USB charging), 4 distinct brushing modes, and a smart vibrating notification timer are some of the enhanced features built into the sleek waterproof and stunningly beautiful satin rose gold handle.
- What’s in the Box – 1 Pink Satin Rose Gold Smart Toothbrush, 8 DuPont brush heads, 1 custom travel case, Instruction manual, Warranty, and support contact manuals.
6. Oral-B Kids Electric Toothbrush with Sensitive Brush Head and Timer
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.85 x 4.53 x 9.17 inches|
|Item Weight||243.59 Grams|
While their smiles continue to grow and develop, there’s no better time to start healthy oral care habits. This Oral-B kids electric toothbrush has a round brush head with soft bristles that rotate, oscillate and remove plaque better than a manual toothbrush. To help your kids brush for the dentist-recommended time of 2 minutes, there is a timer built into the handle. Compatible with a variety of Oral-B brush heads, this toothbrush is perfect for every oral care need. Trust in the precision engineering of Braun and the dental expertise of Oral-B, the #1 brand used and recommended by dentists worldwide. If you are not 100% satisfied, receive a refund via prepaid card. Return the product in its original packaging along with the original cash receipt postmarked within 60 days of purchase. Refunds are limited to the purchase price shown on the original cash receipt (full details inside of the pack).
- Includes rechargeable handle, charger, and sensitive brush head
- Round brush head with soft bristles rotates and oscillates to clean better
- Removes more plaque than a manual toothbrush for healthy smiles. 110 Volts 60 cycles
- Electric toothbrush with timer in handle to help kids brush the full two minutes
- Compatible with a variety of Oral-B Brush Heads for every Oral Care need
What types of electric toothbrushes Under 100 Reviews are there?
Generally speaking, electric toothbrushes have settled down into two basic types. The first, as manufactured by Oral-B, have a small, round head that oscillates at high speed, rotating quickly one way then the other many thousands of times a second to scrub your teeth and gums. They combine this with a pulsating action, designed to break up plaque along the gum line, making it easier to brush away.
Alternatively, you can opt for a “sonic” or “ultrasonic” brush, which has a head that vibrates very quickly at frequencies that buff the tooth surface, break up plaque and force toothpaste through the gaps between your teeth and around the gum line. This makes them more effective at cleaning around and in-between your teeth where plaque and tartar tend to build up. Ultrasonic toothbrushes are even faster, creating millions of sound waves per minute to push a special “nanobubble” of toothpaste into your teeth and gums, helping to clean and protect them with even greater efficiency.
What features should I look out for?
Battery life is the biggie. Even some of the most affordable brushes now come with a lithium ion battery, and we wouldn’t generally recommend buying one with an old-school NiMH battery unless your budget is limited to £30 or less. With a lithium ion battery, you can brush without a recharge for anywhere between two and four weeks, as opposed to the seven days you might have had from the older brushes. Find out how often you’ll need to replace the brush heads, too. Most last for around six months, but if they need replacing more often and the brush heads are expensive, the running costs can soon mount up.
Other nice-to-have features include a brushing timer and pressure sensors to warn you when you’re pressing too hard and risking damage to your gums. Bundled extras such as travel cases may also come in handy, especially so if the toothbrush can be charged in the case using a USB cable – it’s one fewer charger to carry. Finally, check if the handle is comfortable to hold. Some of us just can’t get on with a brush that’s too chunky or too thin, while others need an extra grip around the handle.
Do I need a Bluetooth-enabled toothbrush?
Bluetooth-enabled “smart” toothbrushes are growing in popularity. They work with companion apps that time your brushes, keep a diary of your activity, and provide oral hygiene tips or snippets of news. The more advanced models have sophisticated pressure and motion sensors to allow them to track your brush’s progress around the mouth and make sure you’re reaching every corner, and not skimping on the back teeth or the areas behind your teeth.
These features are fun and can be genuinely useful if you sometimes neglect your dental workouts. The apps from Oral-B and Philips have had some time to mature, and they can guide you towards a better technique that could keep your teeth and gums healthier for longer. All the same, these features aren’t essential, and not everyone is prepared to take their smartphone to the bathroom twice a day or check their app to monitor their brushing. If you can develop a good routine that covers all your teeth and around the gums, then you arguably don’t need a smart brush.
Which replacement heads should I buy?
This can be a confusing experience, but these days you’ll find that most modern toothbrushes make buying replacement heads a relatively simple affair.
Many of Oral-B’s current heads work on its entire range of brushes, although, as Oral-B makes several different designs of the head, it’s worth buying smaller twin-packs to decide which you like best. Its CrossAction, FlossAction, and PrecisionClean head all feel quite different in use.
It’s a similar story with Philips and its Sonicare brush heads. Just because your brush came with a DiamondClean or ProResults brush, that doesn’t mean you can’t use an Optical Gum Care or Premium Plaque Defence head – although certain features, such as BrushSync mode and brush head matching, won’t be available with all handles.
We’ve included links to compatible brush heads in the reviews above, so you can stock up when you run out.
How we test electric toothbrushes
To test electric toothbrushes we use them twice a day over a period of at least one week, making sure we get a feel for how they handle and perform when cleaning. During the test period, we’ll try any specific brush modes and attachments, and install any apps required to get the most out of built-in smart features. For at least one of those brushes, we’ll use plaque disclosing tablets to check that all areas of the teeth are getting a proper clean (allowing for a little user error). To check battery life, we also leave the toothbrush running while standing up and time how long it takes for the battery to run down. We then divide this figure by the four minutes per day recommended by dentists to get an accurate idea of how many weeks and days a single charge should last.
In this article, we have reviewed the available options you have if you want to buy the best electric toothbrush under 100. Dentists recommend replacing your brush every 3 months, so it is clear that spending a little bit more on an electric toothbrush that will cost less over time is a good investment.