Toothpaste is a simple way to help cat’s teeth stay clean and healthy. It is a part of a regular dental treatment for cats. Dental care is one of the most important parts of caring for your pet cat. The teeth are very susceptible to tartar and plaque. Best cat toothpaste will help reduce the development of plaque, which can lead to periodontal disease. Brush your cat’s teeth using toothpaste at least once a week.
Every cat needs a toothpaste that they can count on, a toothpaste that goes above and beyond what you would expect to get with any other toothpaste. If you are looking for the right kind of toothpaste, I would like to introduce you to the top seven cat toothpaste products.
Top Picks: 5 Best Cat Toothpaste
Best Cat Toothpaste: Top 7 Picks
1. Pet King Brands Oratene Brushless Toothpaste Gel
- Clear gel with a pleasant flavor that helps to keep your pet's teeth & gums clean & smelling fresh
- Easy to use; simply apply with a toothbrush or your finger - there's no need to brush or rinse away
- Our non-drying, brushless dental care is ideal for everyday use and doesn't cause excess salivation
- Free from xylitol, alcohol, detergents, and harsh chemicals for gentle and painless oral care
- 100% safe, non-toxic toothpaste gel works to support normal healthy oral hygiene in your dog or cat
Pet King Brands Oratene Brushless Toothpaste Gel is an easy way to keep your pet’s teeth & gums clean and healthy. Pet King Brands Oratene Brushless Toothpaste Gel can be used as a daily hygiene routine or anytime you see tartar buildup. This clear gel has a pleasant flavor and helps to keep your pet’s teeth and gums smelling fresh and clean.
Our pet toothpaste gel naturally inhibits the growth of odor-causing germs and helps to manage plaque build-up. The patented enzyme system allows for maximum enzyme contact for a whole mouth clean, including the teeth, gums, and tongue.
With age or certain medications, our pets can develop a dry mouth. The first sign of a dry mouth is bad breath caused by an overgrowth of germs or fungi. The enzymes in our toothpaste gel have been developed to help reduce harmful germs and plaque, replenish the saliva’s own natural defenses and freshen the breath.
Ideals for all ages
Oratene brushless toothpaste can be used at whichever life stage your pet is at to help maintain everyday oral care. It’s especially useful for aging pets and pets averse to brushing. It’s also helpful for cats who don’t drink very much water.
- No brushing or rinsing required
- Pleasant flavor
- 100% safe ingredients
- Free from xylitol and alcohol
- Doesn’t cause excess salivation
2. Oxyfresh Premium Dog Toothpaste
- CLEAN PET TEETH & GUMS: Advanced plaque and tartar control cat and dog toothpaste is the ultimate way to clean pets’ teeth, fight gum problems, and help soothe and strengthen their gums.
- ELIMINATES DOG BAD BREATH: Say good-bye to bad dog breath with this fast-acting treatment that neutralizes odor at the source giving your best friend all day fresh breath.
- FRESH BREATH WITHOUT BRUSHING: That’s right - no more wrestling with pet toothbrushes! Just apply the brushless toothpaste directly along the gumline with your finger and let the pet dental care formula get to work.
- PERFECT FOR PICKY PETS: Our professional strength cat and dog teeth cleaning gel has zero flavor additives; we don't mask our pet toothpaste with mint or clove oil so pets love it.
- IT’S SAFE, NON-TOXIC & IT WORKS: Trusted by pet parents and veterinarians, our cat and dog dental treatments are made in the U.S.A. with only the highest quality ingredients; this is a pet dental gel that actually works!
This pet toothpaste’s advanced plaque and tartar control formula help fight bacteria and freshen breath. With a long-lasting fresh minty taste, it’s the practical way to give your pooch or kitty squeaky clean teeth.
Dogs & Cats Give It 2 Paws Up
- Freshens Pet Bad Breath
- Fights Plaque & Tartar
- Cleans Teeth & Gums
Unleash Your Pet’s Best Smile
- So Easy: Apply with a Toothbrush, Finger Brush, or Finger
- Soothing Blend of Oxygen, Aloe & Chamomile
- Free of Artificial Flavors, Dyes & Alcohol
Pet Parents Trust It
- Made in the USA
- Vet-Loved Brand Since 1984
- Non-Toxic, Cruelty-Free & Eco-Conscious
3. Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste
- DOG TOOTHPASTE: Petrodex Advanced Dental Care Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste helps reduce plaque and tartar formation.
- PATENTED ENZYMES: With patented enzymes, this non-foaming formula of dog toothpaste does not require rinsing.
- FIGHTS BAD BREATH: With regular use, Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs helps reduce plaque and fights bad breath.
- POULTRY FLAVOR: Dog toothpaste comes in a delicious poultry flavor that dogs love
- RECOMMENDED USE: For best results, brush using enzymatic toothpaste for dogs at least 2-3 times per week. Use a soft-bristled Petrodex toothbrush designed for pets.
Treat your pet to fresh breath and whiter teeth with Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste. This advanced toothpaste formula uses a combination of enzymes, natural ingredients, and baking soda to help remove plaque, tartar, and other food residues from your dog’s teeth. While gently removing stains that cause bad breath, it enhances the health of existing dental work as well.
Healthy Teeth & Gums One Brush Away
Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs and Dental Care products are safe for all dog breeds and ideal for your puppy pal. These easy-to-use kits and toothpaste target bad breath at its source while gently removing food debris.
At the source by removing food debris, plaque, and tartar while massaging your pet’s gums.
Give your best friend their best smile with this tasty toothpaste.
Delicious Flavors They’ll Love
The 2 Ps will have them barking for more: poultry and peanuts.
4. Vetoquinol Enzadent Enzymatic Toothpaste
- Enzadent Toothpaste contains a delicious poultry-flavored enzymatic solution for cats and dogs
- Help eliminate your pet’s bad breath and combat harmful germ growth in your cat or dog’s mouth
- Non-foaming toothpaste removes food debris and plaque for healthy, polished teeth and fresh breath
- Triple enzyme formula effectively cleans pets’ teeth and can be safely swallowed without rinsing
- Boost dental health and hygiene, and combat tooth and mouth illnesses, by brushing pet’s teeth daily
Eliminate bad breath in your pet and combat harmful germ growth with this professional-strength enzymatic toothpaste. The non-staining formula safely whitens teeth and is created with a combination of ingredients that remove plaque and tartar from your dog or cat’s mouth. Vetoquinol Enzadent Enzymatic Toothpaste is veterinarian approved and safe for daily use.
Reduce Plaque for clean, polished Teeth
Our Vetoquinol Enzadent Enzymatic Toothpaste contains a poultry-flavored, triple enzyme formula that helps to keep your pet’s teeth clean and healthy. The enzymes in our toothpaste work on polishing your pet’s teeth by removing food particles and plaque that may cause tooth decay and mouth illnesses as well as lead to poor overall health.
At some point, many people have experienced “dog breath” – a foul odor coming from a dog’s mouth that is often caused by poor oral hygiene. Regularly brushing with our Vetoquinol Enzadent Enzymatic Toothpaste can help eliminate your pet’s bad breath and combat harmful bacterial growth in your dog or cat’s mouth.
Minimize the risk of tooth & gum issues
By the age of 3, many cats and dogs have serious tooth and gum issues from poor dental care. Because two-thirds of each tooth is hidden under the gums, detecting oral problems before they become serious can be challenging. To help provide optimal oral care, use a small amount of Enzadent Toothpaste, pull back your pet’s lip to expose teeth, and gently brush the tooth and gum line.
5. Vets Preferred Enzymatic Toothpaste
- Tasty peanut butter flavor - Your pets will love the taste while ensuring their dental health.
- Works on all aspects of your pet’s health - Prevents heart, kidney and liver disease by preventing bacteria to enter their bloodstreams.
- Antibacterial qualities for tartar and plaque prevention - Protect your dog from irreversible gum disease and countless vet visits.
- 100% natural solution - This is a natural dog enzymatic toothpaste - no weird ingredients.
- Made in the USA - Produced in a GMP-certified facility, to ensure optimum quality and safety.
Vets Preferred Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs is specially formulated to be gentle on your dog’s teeth and gums. It is made with the same powerful ingredients that dentists use in their offices to prevent plaque, tartar, and gingivitis from forming on your pet’s teeth.
Vets Preferred Enzymatic Toothpaste contains natural ingredients, providing a gentle and effectively clean without damaging the enamel. The enzymatic formula is suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs and kidney problems.
The liquid texture can clean hard-to-reach dental spaces. It reduces plaque and tartar build-up, as well as discoloration. Also, it soothes and strengthens the gums, preventing gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis.
Prevents Bad breath
The toothpaste formula contains ingredients with antibacterial action. Regular brushing can stop and refresh bad breath in dogs. This will improve your dog’s dental health and sweeten your cuddle time.
Improves Quality Of life
Did you know that the build-up of oral bacteria can have negative consequences for your dog’s heart, liver, and kidneys? Keep their teeth fresh and clean to improve their quality of life!
6. Bluestem Chicken Flavor Toothpaste
- [ FIGHTS PLAQUE AND REDUCES TARTAR ] Introducing a new scientifically formulated toothpaste for dogs and cats with coactiv+ technology from bluestem. coactiv+ is a new formulation of food-grade ingredients. Our toothpaste fights plaque and reduces tartar which improves oral hygiene and freshens breath. This product has also been tested in vitro for it’s effectiveness. *Study available upon request.
- [ TESTED FOR EFFICACY ] Based on in vitro testing against 7 different pet oral bacteria and in comparison to 4 competitor toothpastes*, bluestem toothpaste was found to be very effective. Study available upon request.
- [ A TRUSTED COMPANY ] As fellow pet owner's and lovers we understand the importance of safe products for our furry little friends, that's why our products are made and tested in our laboratories here in North America. Our mission is to make sure we are looking out for your pets’ long term health.
- [ SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS ] - We've gone the extra mile to ensure that our pet toothpaste and toothbrush are safe for your pet. Our food-grade ingredients are alcohol-free, xylitol-free, and sugar-free. Dogs will like the chicken flavored toothpaste and humans will like their pets healthy mouth and fresh breath. IT'S A WIN - WIN. For optimal results, use in combination with bluestem water additive and bluestem oral spray.
BlueStem Organic Chicken Flavor Toothpaste fights plaque and reduces tartar, improving oral hygiene and freshens breath. It also whitens your teeth while adding a great taste to your daily oral routine.
Tartar, also called calculus, forms below and above the gum line. Bluestem products soften the tartar, allowing it to be more easily removed as your pet chews.
Power of Brushing
The single most effective mode for cleaning teeth is the mechanical action of direct contact. Brushing teeth using formulated toothpaste for dogs and cats is the best defense. Specially designed dental chews and toys can also provide the mechanical abrasion to clean a dog’s teeth.
Make your dog kissable again! You will be excited to know that you can receive as many kisses from your pets as you want after using our toothpaste. Bluestem toothpaste will freshen their breath.
7. Petpost Toothpaste for Pets
- ♦ COCONUT OIL & BAKING SODA FORMULA makes this toothpaste delicious and naturally effective for your dog. That’s right, no bleach, fragrance, or harsh chemicals in this formula!
- ♦ MOST EFFECTIVE TOOTHPASTE FOR DOGS that suffer from bad breath or tooth grime. This coconut oil based toothpaste is a perfect way to keep your dog’s teeth clean and breath fresh!
- ♦ PART OF A HEALTHY GROOMING REGIMEN for dogs of all ages and lifestyles. Simple at home dental care can help keep your dog's mouth fresh!
- ♦ MADE RIGHT HERE IN THE USA by an environmentally conscious pet company. By using naturally derived ingredients and recyclable packaging, Petpost actively seeks ways to reduce our footprint, so our products can be healthy to the earth and your dog.
- ♦ 100% HAPPY DOG GUARANTEE If the Petpost Toothpaste for Dogs does not work better than other canine dental care products after regular use, *or if you or your dog just don’t like it* we’ll replace it or give you 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
Petpost Toothpaste for Pets is an all natural toothpaste with coconut oil. It is easy to use and comes in a great tasting flavor. The Petpost Toothpaste for Pets helps to reduce bacteria by maintaining healthy teeth, building mouth confidence, and keeping your pet’s breath fresh.
By purchasing the Petpost Toothpaste for Dogs, you join the thousands of other dog owners who have gotten rid of bad breath and improved their dog’s dental hygiene!
Featuring a powerful blend of Coconut Oil, Spearmint, and Peppermint, Petpost Toothpaste for Dogs, can help remove nasty build up safely!
Our Toothpaste for Dogs is so easy to use that even a dog could do it. Well… not quite, but the easy to use gel makes teeth scrubs a breeze!
Made in the USA
Our products are made right here in the USA in quality controlled facilities, so you can feel good about purchasing from a small American business!
Similarly to how some individuals dislike specific toothpaste flavors, cats have their own preferences when it comes to toothpaste. While many pet toothpaste is designed to be used by both dogs and cats, this implies that some sweet tastes that dogs detect will be lost on cats, as cats are unable to detect certain flavors that dogs do. Natural meaty flavors are more likely to appeal to cats, while sweet and minty flavors may also work.
If your cat has a dental problem, look for toothpaste designed to treat and relieve the problem or not to aggravate it. Swelling, redness, irritation, bleeding, drooling when eating, avoiding hard treats or dry food, and pawing at their mouth are all signs that your cat may be suffering from dental pain.
Pet toothpaste comes in a variety of textures and consistencies. Some are thick and transparent, while others come in various hues and thicknesses. Keep track of your cat’s preferences and stick to what works.
Of course, the most important element to consider is the ingredients. These should be as safe and healthful as feasible for cats. When possible, use toothpaste made from natural, plant-based materials rather than formulas laden with artificial compounds that could irritate your pet’s stomach or hurt them in the long run. Enzymatic formulations are also beneficial since they aid in the fight against germs and plaque.
Because cats don’t often enjoy having their teeth cleaned, choose a simple toothpaste. Many cat toothpaste doesn’t require the use of a brush and can be applied with your finger instead. Many enzymatic kinds of toothpaste don’t need to be scraped and only need to be applied to your cat’s gum line. Some toothpaste also includes a finger brush, which is far more convenient for most cats than a standard toothbrush.
The best product for your cat is specially designed cat toothpaste. Additionally, these specially formulated toothpaste usually contain flavors that your cat loves! Baking soda or toothpaste for human use is never safe. Normally, cats should not eat human toothpaste.
You should brush your cat’s teeth regularly because if you don’t, your cat will get gingivitis and severe dental disease that eventually will necessitate extractions. Besides resulting in a costly vet bill, your cat will also be uncomfortable.
Though coconut oil can be used to brush cats’ teeth, it’s probably not the best option. It’s safer to use cat toothpaste that’s specially formulated to be safe to ingest, won’t upset your pet’s stomach, and may even taste better to them.
For the first ten to twenty seconds, brushing should last. You can brush your cat’s teeth until all of their teeth are covered with toothpaste as it gets used to them.
Cats are not that different from us humans, especially in terms of dental health. They need to practice proper dental care just like we do. That’s why we are dedicated to giving you the information necessary to find the best cat toothpaste. You should be able to keep your cat healthy and happy and living a long, long life. We wish you and your pet all the best!
There are many cat toothpaste options on the market that can help clean your cat’s teeth and freshen its breath. We hope you’ll use our list of 7 best cat toothpaste as a starting point to find one that fits your needs and budget.