Allergy tests are like Magic 8 Balls of the medical world: one simple swab can supposedly divine whether the dander or airborne histamines in your environment (or even your own immune system) are causing you to runny nose and itchy puffiness. Whether it’s something in the air or something on your plate, an at-home allergy test can help figure out what’s got you drying your watery eyes. But how do you know which one is right for you? We scratched that itch for you and rounded up the best at home allergy test.
Best At Home Allergy Test Reviews
1. 5Strands Food Intolerance Test
- Fastest Growing Health Test. A Holistic approach to taking back your health. The 5Strands Food Intolerance Test offers intolerance testing to 640+ proteins, grains, fruits, vegetables, seafood, gluten, additives, preservatives, sweeteners, beverages, dairy, fats, etc. Your results will create a recommended elimination guideline.
- How Are We Different? With this at-home collection kit, learning about how your body is responding to your current dietary decisions has never been so easy. We use Bioresonance technology to determine the food items creating a temporary imbalance in the gut microbiome. Your results will help guide you to eliminate any intolerance or sensitivity and allow time for the gut to rebalance.
- Actual Reviews. Do not just take our word for it. Read our hundreds of verified testimonies. Our USA Small Business is on a mission to empower people with educational information about their health to reduce everyday discomforts like upset stomachs, inflammation, skin irritations, bloating, headaches, acne, etc. Once you eliminate the food items from your diet, you can see symptoms lessen or disappear.
- Why Customers Love 5Strands. Many customers find answers to problems that traditional medicine could not solve. Our holistic approach using energy-based technology allows us to get to the root cause of discomforts. Create a lifestyle and dietary change. No more prescriptions or painful bloodwork. Just a hair sample! Learn to consume in moderation with rotation to enhance your nutrition plan today.
- Buy Now Risk Free. Our process is simple. (1) Purchase kit (2) Register kit (3) Collect hair sample (4) Send back to 5Strands (5) Receive testing results on customer portal within 5-7 days *of your sample's arrival. Be sure to keep your tracking information when sending back hair samples. This test requires 100% interaction to see any results.
The 5Strands Human Food Intolerance Test looks at 640 food ingredients that may be causing you discomfort. Once you receive your results, you will get an instant elimination guide that will help you find any intolerances you can get rid of immediately. Whether it’s headaches, upset stomach, acid reflux, or fatigue, there’s going to be something you’re unaware of that’s causing these listed discomforts. 5Strands makes it simple to discover the truth about what your random discomforts are coming from.
80,000+ Satisfied Customers
Our food intolerance test has helped many people enjoy a healthier life. Our health and well-being can make the lives we live seem better. You’ll be able to track your test results with the NEW 5Strands mobile app.
What exactly is Bioresonance Testing?
The many types of matter in our world share characteristics of both waves and particles, emitting electromagnetic waves. Every person, pet, microbe, food substance, or toxin has its own personal wavelength or frequency with unique characteristics. This accounts for all cells in the body, including substances like pollens, toxins, viruses, bacteria, food, etc.
Intolerances vs. Allergies
5Strands non-invasive testing cannot be compared to a blood allergy test. Intolerance testing measures temporary instances caused by your environment, food, & nutrition that could harm your well-being.
Register Your Kit
Once your collection kit arrives, register the kit online so we can get started!
Collect Hair Sample
For the best results, collect 10-15 strands of your hair and mail them to 5Strands, so your results are accurate and successful.
Wait For Results
After we receive your sample, you’ll only have to wait 10 days for your test results to return to you.
Our mission is to empower families with a voice about their own health care and wellness. We strive to fill the void of consumer-driven needs with our affordable testing kits.
2. My Body Health Food Allergy Test Kit
- Discover your food intolerances: Food intolerances are often not given the time of day and sometimes dismissed as picky eating. In fact, there are millions of people who have food intolerances but don’t know it. Food intolerances can trigger a number of symptoms such as indigestion, fatigue, headaches and skin problems. Our bioresonance food intolerance test kit will help you to determine the cause of your intolerance from the comfort of your home.
- Simple to use: Test your sensitivities and intolerances with no doctor’s appointment. It’s simple, send us your hair *in the prepaid envelope* and let us do the rest. Using bioresonance technology we screen your sample against 970 food and non-food sensitivities. Our professional kit tests for sensitivities including; food & drink, environmental sensitivity, heavy metals, minerals, Vitamin A-K including Vitamin D, additives, gut health and digestion.
- Fast results in 3-5 days: Testing results take 2-3 days after the hair sample is received at the processing facility. Our test results are then sent directly to your email for your peace of mind. Our customer support team is available via email or live chat to assist with any questions along your journey.
- Easy to understand results: Gain meaningful insights about your health with our easy-to-understand test results. View online or download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips within your comprehensive test report.
- Includes food diary: All of our tests include a personalised food diary template and diet elimination advice, allowing you to put your food intolerance knowledge into action. If you suspect you have a food intolerance this is the kit for you. We are so confident you will be amazed by the results that we offer a 100% money back guarantee (terms and conditions apply).
What we test The Complete Sensitivity Bioresonance Test test boasts our most extensive range of items tested. This test offers a vast array of food sensitivities and uniquely has a dedicated vegan section. Environmental sensitivities including pollen, plants, materials and insects, heavy metals, mineral levels, vitamin levels, gut bacteria, digestive enzymes, and a huge range of food and cosmetic additives are also tested. All of our tests include a 100% satisfaction 6 week guarantee!
Free elimination diet advice Free food diary template 3-5 day results turnaround from a sample received The following categories are tested within the Complete Sensitivity Test: Food sensitivities Non-food sensitivities Metal sensitivities Mineral analysis Vitamin A-K Gut health Additives, colorings, sweeteners, emulsifiers Digestion.
Find your Food Sensitivities
Discover your food sensitivities at home with our simple test kit. Sensitivities to foods, additives, and chemicals can result in irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, headaches, fatigue, and skin problems. Our test kit allows you to test yourself against more than 970 food and non-food sensitivities using BMI bioresonance technology. Features include Simple Do-It-Yourself Test procedure; a Free sample of a personalized diet plan with each kit; a Certified Professional Report; 120 a Day money-back guarantee.
Easy to Use
Our food intolerance test kit will help you to determine the cause of your intolerance from the comfort of your home. This easy to use test is fast and reliable with results in just two days.
3. 5Strands Deluxe Package 985 Items Tested
- The 5Strands Deluxe Package Includes 4 Holistic Health Tests: 🗺️ (1) Food Intolerance (1) Environment Sensitivity (1) Nutrition Imbalance (1) Metal & Mineral Imbalance. A total of 985 Items tested. At home collection only require 10-15 Strands of HAIR. Receive results in 5-7 Days.
- How ARE WE DIFFERENT? 🧬 With this at home collection kit, learning about how your body is responding to your current dietary & lifestyle decisions has never been so easy. We use BIORESONANCE technology to determine which of the 985 items tested resonate as an intolerance or imbalance. An imbalance may look or feel like an upset stomach, headaches, bloating, joint pain, inflamed gut, skin irritation, etc.
- YOUR RESULTS are YOUR ROAD MAP to BETTER HEALTH! This is an invest in yourself. Do not take our word for it, read our hundreds of verified testimonies. Our USA Small Business is on a mission to empower people with educational information to take back their health. The 5Strands results require 100% engagement and interaction to see results!
- The Food Test will indicate your bodies severity of response upon exposure to protein, grain, fruit, dairy, fat, seafood, spices, sweeteners, additives, beverages. The Environment Intolerance Test covers pollen, grass, animal, fabric, cleaning solutions. 5Strands measures non-life-threatening responses. 5Strands does not provide an allergy test for immune system responses with blood or saliva.
- The Nutrition Test and Metals & Minerals Test will indicate which items are out of balance. An imbalance can occur when your body experiences an over exposure or lack of absorption. A vitamin, mineral, fatty acids, amino acids will register if the current intake is not being absorbed or over consumed. A metal or mineral will register if the body struggles processing and eliminating the exposure. This is not HTMA testing and will not provide physical amounts found in the body.
The 5Strands Human Deluxe Intolerance & Imbalance test kit examines 985 dietary components, environmental contaminants, and nutritional and mineral imbalances. When you obtain your results, you will receive an instantaneous elimination guide that will assist you in identifying any intolerances that you can eliminate right away. Whether you’re experiencing headaches, indigestion, acid reflux, or fatigue, there’s likely something you’re not aware of causing these symptoms. 5Strands makes it simple to figure out where your random aches and pains are coming from.
Your body’s severity of response to protein, grain, fruit, dairy, fat, seafood, spices, sweeteners, additives, and beverages will be determined by the Food Test. Pollen, grass, animal, fabric, and cleaning treatments are all covered by the Environmental Intolerance Test. Non-life-threatening responses are measured by 5Strands. 5Strands does not offer a blood or saliva allergy test for immune system responses.
Easy To Use
The Nutrition Test, as well as the Metals and Minerals Test, will reveal which components are out of balance. When your body is exposed to too much or not enough, an imbalance can develop. If the present intake is not being absorbed or is excessive, a vitamin, mineral, fatty acids, or amino acids will be detected. If the body has trouble processing and removing the metal or mineral, it will register. This is not HTMA testing, and the physical levels found in the body will not be provided.
4. Check My Body Health Food Sensitivity Test
- Discover your food intolerances: Food intolerances are often not given the time of day and sometimes dismissed as picky eating. In fact, there are millions of people who have food intolerances but don’t know it. Food intolerances can trigger a number of symptoms such as indigestion, fatigue, headaches and skin problems. Our food intolerance testing kit will help you to determine the cause of your intolerance from the comfort of your home
- Simple to use: Test your sensitivities and intolerances with no doctor’s appointment. It’s simple, send us your hair *in the prepaid envelope* and let us do the rest. Using bioresonance technology we screen your sample against 400 food and non-food sensitivities. Our professional kit tests for sensitivities including; food & drink, environmental sensitivity, heavy metals, minerals, Vitamin A-K, including Vitamin D and additives
- Fast results in 3-5 days: Testing results take 2-3 days after the hair sample is received at the processing facility. Our test results are then sent directly to your email for your peace of mind. Our customer support team is available via email or live chat to assist with any questions along your journey
- Easy to understand results: Gain meaningful insights about your health with our easy-to-understand test results. View online or download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips within your comprehensive test report
- Includes food diary: All of our tests include a personalized food diary template and diet elimination advice, allowing you to put your food intolerance knowledge into action. If you suspect you have a food intolerance this is the kit for you. We are so confident you will be amazed by the results that we offer a 100% money back guarantee (terms and conditions apply)
What we test The Essentials Sensitivity test looks at common food sensitivities, environmental sensitivities such as pollen and plants, as well as testing heavy metals, mineral levels, and a range of food and cosmetic additives. All of our tests include a 100% satisfaction 6 week guarantee! Free elimination diet advice Free food diary template 3-5 day results turnaround from a sample received 400 items tested The following categories are tested within the Essentials Sensitivity Test: Food sensitivities Non-food sensitivities Metal sensitivities Mineral analysis Vitamin A-K Additives, colorings, sweeteners, emulsifiers.
Results that are simple to comprehend:
With our simple-to-understand test results, you can learn a lot about your health. View it online or download it to share with your doctor, family, and friends. Within your full exam report, we also provide you with additional resources and useful advice.
Includes food diary:
All of our tests come with a customized food diary form and diet elimination guidelines, allowing you to put your food intolerance knowledge to use. This is the kit for you if you suspect you have a food intolerance. We are so convinced that you will be blown away by the outcomes that we offer a full refund (terms and conditions apply)
5. Allergy Test by CERASCREEN
- ✅ TEST FOR FOOD SENSITIVITIES/ ALLERGIES – There are numerous possible food allergies and sensitivities and almost as many tests to get to the bottom of them. If you have unexplained symptoms, the cerascreen Extensive Food Sensitivity + Allergy Test can offer you a great initial indication of problematic foods.
- ✅ HOW TO PERFORM THE TEST – For the cerascreen test, you do not need to go to the doctor or wait for an appointment. You simply receive a straightforward instruction booklet with pictures and then collect the sample yourself in the comfort of your home.
- ✅ YOUR ADVANTAGES – Take your sample easily from the comfort of home. CLIA-certified lab analysis using the ELISA testing method. You can book a free call with our nutrition consultant to review your results and any recommended dietary or lifestyle changes.
- ✅ WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DO YOU GET – Directly implementable recommendations + tips, & a free online or phone health consultation following results.
- ✅ OUR PROMISES – 30-day Refund/Return Policy, receive your results within 2-3 business days after the sample arrives at the lab. Product can't be Sold in NY, NJ, RI and MD.
At cerascreen we believe that you should have the opportunity to take your health into your own hands: understand your own body and its needs, learn about health, and take targeted preventative measures. Everyone should be able to live happily and healthily instead of just reacting to illness.
Why test for food allergies and sensitivities?
Test yourself in the comfort of home. Many people put off health checkups that could dramatically improve their quality of life because of the inconvenience of setting up an appointment, waiting in a doctor’s office and the associated costs. Checking for food allergies and sensitivities doesn’t have to be time consuming or inconvenient, and once you know the results you can take any necessary action.
What to Look for in a Home Allergy Test
Consider the following factors when choosing an at-home allergy test:
Method of sampling:
A blood sample is required for most allergy tests. Anyone who is unsure about taking their own sample might enlist the support of a friend or family member.
Intolerances and allergies:
Anyone who suspects they may have an allergy or intolerance should make sure the test checks for it.
Time for results:
Consider how long the company will take to provide results. Some businesses provide a faster turnaround time than others.
A test that checks for more allergies and intolerances generally costs more than one that checks for fewer.
At this time, there is limited evidence that at-home tests can reliably detect allergies or intolerances. Any results should be discussed with a healthcare professional.
What are the uses of at-home allergy tests?
Allergies occur when a person’s immune system incorrectly believes that a chemical is harmful, according to the AAAAI.
To protect itself, the body creates antibodies such as IgE when it comes into touch with this chemical. These antibodies travel to cells that release substances, such as histamine, that cause an allergic reaction when activated.
Inflammation and discomfort are common side effects of allergic reactions. Anaphylaxis, a life-threatening reaction to an allergen, can occur in severe situations.
Among the most common allergies are:
- mites (dust mites)
- stings of insects
- dander from animals
- medicines or meds
Who should take an allergy test at home?
An at-home allergy test may be beneficial for someone who is having symptoms of a nonfood (environmental) allergy. Nonfood allergies can cause the following symptoms:
- Hives, itching, or a rash
- following allergen exposure, itchy or painful throat
- coughing or sneezing
- eyes that are stinging, watery, or red
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
It’s vital to understand that the results of an at-home allergy test do not constitute a diagnosis. Following the completion of an at-home allergy test, a person should consult a doctor for a diagnosis.
At-home tests are not recommended by health organizations such as the AAAAI. Anyone who suspects they may have an allergy or intolerance should consult a physician.
Symptoms of food intolerance include gas, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Dairy and alcohol intolerances are two common food intolerances. Food allergies can manifest themselves in a variety of ways, including:
- skin irritation
How reliable are allergy tests performed at home?
Following a skin test, a doctor may identify an allergy. Pricking the skin with a needle or a plastic prong that has a common allergy on it is a frequent method.
Many at-home allergy tests require a finger prick to get a blood sample. This method, however, may not be a good way to assess if a person has allergies.
Because this antibody is found in both people who have and do not have allergies to chemicals, at-home tests that screen for IgG4 in the blood are unlikely to yield appropriate results. At-home food allergy and intolerance tests frequently use IgG4 assays.
Trusted Source IgG4 testing is not recommended by scientists. There is no proof that the presence of IgG4 in the blood is attributable to an allergy or sensitivity at this time. As a result, a person should visit their doctor about any possible allergies.
If you opt to utilize an at-home allergy test, you should probably consult a doctor about the results.
A false-positive or false-negative result can occur with several allergy tests. If an individual is testing for food allergies, it is critical to see a healthcare professional for further explanation and testing.
When should you see a doctor?
A trip to the doctor, an allergist, or an immunologist should not be substituted for an at-home allergy test.
Because these tests aren’t always correct, people should take their results with caution and seek follow-up examinations from a doctor. Instead of doing an at-home allergy test, consumers can chat with their doctor.
The American College of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology advises seeing a doctor if you have:
- Allergies can lead to chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion, and breathing problems.
- Hives, swelling, vomiting, wheezing, or anaphylaxis are all real IgE-mediated food allergy symptoms.
- For several months each year, a person suffers from hay fever or other allergy symptoms.
- Over-the-counter drugs are ineffective and have undesirable side effects.
- Allergies can make daily activities difficult or reduce a person’s quality of life.
- Struggling to catch one’s breath, wheezing and coughing, frequent shortness of breath or chest tightness, or frequent asthma attacks are all warning symptoms of severe asthma.
FAQs: Home Allergy Test
Are at home allergy tests accurate?
Unfortunately, while it may seem more convenient to use an alternate testing method, these at-home allergy tests have not been studied to give reliable results. In fact, oftentimes these tests lead to over-diagnosis of a food allergy as well as unnecessary worry and food avoidance.
Can you do an allergy skin test at home?
Because of the chance of false positive results, it’s best to talk with your doctor if you’re concerned about allergies and planning on using a home test kit. More precise testing can be done by a specialist, known as an allergist, who can order the most appropriate type of test based on your symptoms.
What food sensitivity test is most accurate?
The food intolerance assessment offered by Check My Body Health is boasted as the most comprehensive food sensitivity test in the United States. The company uses the latest technology to check your body for over 970 food and non-food sensitivities.
Which is more accurate skin test or blood test for allergies?
Generally speaking, skin tests are more sensitive than blood tests, meaning they are more likely to detect allergies that a blood test may miss. Skin tests also require less wait time, as results are typically delivered in 15-20 minutes, rather than the one to two week wait time of blood tests.
Can I do my own allergy patch test?
A dermatologist or another doctor may offer patch testing in their office. However, people can perform a patch test at home to trial a cosmetic or skincare product before fully incorporating it into their routine.
In the end, you’ll want to purchase the best at home allergy test for your needs. If you believe that you have multiple allergies you’ll do better with a kit that tests for several allergens rather than one that does not have as many allergens to choose from. The good thing is that there are so many available, that virtually anything you’re looking for can be found.