Mouthwash is something you use to freshen up your breath and is one of the most important parts of keeping yourself healthy, although many people have gone under the belief that mouthwashes can be harmful because they have alcohol in them. Although on the contrary, there are now several alcohol free types of mouthwash on the market that can serve the same purpose and definitely improve oral hygiene.
Alcohol free mouthwash can definitely make you feel much more refreshed by removing the germs and bacteria left behind after eating food. If you have not tried this, then maybe it’s time to purchase a bottle of alcohol free mouthwash and see how it can help you. There is a lot of alcohol free mouthwash available in the market today.
Top Picks: 5 Best Alcohol Free Mouthwash
Top 7 Best Alcohol Free Mouthwash Reviews- 2022
1. Listerine Ultraclean Zero Alcohol Mouthwash
- 1-liter bottle of Listerine Ultraclean Zero Alcohol Tartar Control Mouthwash in Arctic Mint taste to kill 99.9% of germs that cause bad breath, and keep teeth naturally white by fighting tartar buildup
- The alcohol-free formula of this mint mouth rinse provides effective oral care with a less intense taste for a refreshing clean that doesn't feel overpowering
- This non-alcoholic mouthwash also helps prevent tartar buildup and offers 24-hour tartar and bad breath protection when used twice daily. Additionally, it fights tartar stains for cleaner, naturally white teeth
- Featuring a refreshing and less intense Arctic Mint taste, it helps neutralize bad breath and provides a fresh, clean feeling that lasts for hours, up to 3x longer than brushing alone
- With approximately four weeks of supply, achieve whole mouth tartar protection, even in hard to reach places, with this fresh breath mouthwash. Rinse for 30 seconds twice a day, both morning and night, and experience a refreshing, dentist-clean feeling
The new, improved taste of Listerine Ultraclean Zero Alcohol Mouthwash kills 99.9% of germs that cause bad breath. Its Arctic Mint flavor provides an enduring freshness and clean feeling even after the last rinse. So you can say goodbye to bad breath – and hello to a better you!
Why Rinse – The Benefits of Mouthwash in Your Oral Hygiene Routine
Listerine is the next step to ensuring a healthier mouth. Focusing on good oral care habits, and sticking to them, includes regular visits to your dentist and a daily regimen of brushing, flossing, and rinsing with Listerine. The truth is that brushing reaches 25% of your mouth. Listerine mouthwash cleans virtually 100%.* The power of the swish fights bad breath bacteria in your whole mouth, including on your teeth, tongue, and gums. Listerine mouthwash should be used twice a day to reach its deep-clean effectiveness. After all, bad breath germs are in your mouth all day, every day, and rinsing twice a day provides 24-hour gum protection. For Listerine rinse to reach its full powerful potential, use as directed and rinse vigorously for 60 seconds twice daily.
Less-Intense Arctic Mint-Flavored Alcohol-Free Mouthwash
With over 35 years of clinical support, Listerine is the world’s most clinically researched mouthwash brand*. Its bold tingle has been America’s favorite, but perhaps you’re ready for a less intense formula. Listerine Ultra-Clean Zero Alcohol Arctic Mint Mouthwash kills 99.9% of bad breath germs with a less intense taste for a fresher and cleaner mouth than brushing alone. Listerine Ultra-Clean Zero Alcohol provides virtually 100% coverage on teeth, between teeth, and gum lines, leaving your mouth feeling clean and refreshed. Plus, you’ll get 24-hour bad breath germ protection with twice daily usage.
How to Swish with Mouthwash
What happens each time you swish properly? Research shows that antimicrobial Listerine mouthwash kills oral bacteria within 60 seconds for, a difference you will notice with continued use. In fact, the bad breath bacteria in saliva samples were killed within 60 seconds of coming into contact with Listerine rinse. Don’t give germs a fighting chance. Swish the full 60 seconds as part of your daily oral hygiene routine to make sure you’re getting a truly clean mouth.
2. PerioClear Alcohol Free Mouthwash
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
PerioClear Alcohol Free Mouthwash is perfect for those of us with sensitive teeth and gums. With a fresh, minty taste, it naturally whitens and protects your teeth against plaque build-up, effectively removing any staining that may have occurred.
Bio Pro, For Periodontal Health
PerioClear Natural Cleansing Mouthwash Concentrate – Fresh Mint Flavor. Fluoride-Free, Alcohol Free, No Artificial Preservatives, Colors, Dyes, or Sweeteners. Dentist Formulated All-Natural Formula – No Sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate.
Dentist formulated Bio-Pro Natural Brightening Mouthwash contains Phytoplenolin, a patented herbal extract that has been shown in independent laboratory studies to promote cell vitality. Soothing wildcrafted herbs, well-known for their cleansing action, are combined with CoQ10, Folic Acid, Oregano, Cinnamon, and Clove to promote tissue and gum wellness.
All herbs are carefully selected, tested and verified, identified for authenticity, and finely milled, allowing faster absorption by the body. These supplements offer the ideal way to experience the benefits of high quality Standardized herbs.
Naturally Sourced Ingredients
Each ingredient is traced and sourced from the highest quality worldwide.
3. ACT Anticavity Mouthwash Zero Alcohol
- Contains one (1) 18 fluid ounce bottle of ACT Anticavity Zero Alcohol Fluoride Mouthwash Mint Flavor
- ZERO ALCOHOL: This ACT Oral Care Product is an alcohol-free mouthwash
- 3 BENEFITS IN 1: This fluoride mouthwash is designed to help prevent cavities, strengthen teeth and freshen breath
- ACCURATE DOSING CUP: Get the right dose of fluoride with the easy-to-use dosing meter
- DENTIST RECOMMENDED BRAND: ACT Fluoride Mouthwash is the #1 dentist recommended fluoride brand*
ACT Oral Care Product is an alcohol-free mouthwash that cleans and freshens your mouth without drying it out. Fluoride mouthwash helps prevent cavities and other dental diseases by removing plaque and neutralizing the harmful acids that foods and drinks leave in your mouth.
So fresh, so clean! All ACT Anticavity Mouthwashes are designed to bust bad breath every time you rinse.
ACT is the #1 dentist recommended brand out of all fluoride mouth rinses.** It’s designed to strengthen enamel for up to 4x stronger teeth.
Protects Against Cavities
ACT Fluoride Mouthwash helps you go beyond brushing to prevent tooth decay. It strengthens teeth to deliver superior cavity protection.
4. The Dirt All Natural Alcohol-Free Antibacterial Mouthwash
- THE DIRT OIL PULLING MOUTHWASH: As a mouthwash using, it with a tongue scraper, makes your breath smell fresh. As an oil pulling treatment, it helps you prevent long-term tooth decay
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS: We use ancient Ayurvedic principles to select our all-natural ingredients. Coconut and sesame oils provide the oil pull experience.Our Sweet Cinnamon flavor has a warm, sweet flavor, similar to black licorice
- EASY TO USE: As a daily cleaner, swish Super Mint Oil Pulling Mouthwash for 1 to 2 minutes after you brush and floss. Three to five times a week, swish a capful of the liquid in your mouth for 20 minutes, then spit it out.
- Our Dirt Mouthwash Contains natural properties and also vegan friendly and does not contain any of the harmful chemicals
- SUPPORTS ORAL HEALTH: All ages will love the freshening action of our oil pulling mouthwash. Kids will delight in the fancy bubble gum flavor of the sea buckthorn, and adults will enjoy the minty nature of the oils.
The Dirt’s All Natural Alcohol-Free Antibacterial Mouthwash is a powerful oral hygiene tool that cleans deep beneath the gum line and effectively fights cavities and plaque. The mouthwash also helps to prevent bad breath through its use of natural, organic essential oils.
Use as a Mouthwash
Any time you need to freshen up, swiftly swish a small amount for 1-3 minutes, and the oils of clove, mint, and rose will leave your mouth as clean as a whistle and breath so fancy and fresh. Kids will delight in the fancy bubble gum flavor of the sea buckthorn, and adults will enjoy the nature of the oils.
Two Sizes to Choose from
Go for the gold with our silky mouth elixir; with 70 servings, this bottle’s a winner. Tight on space? Just want a taste? With 30 servings, you’ll want more of this stuff post haste. We make products that are well designed, effective, and delicious! Why does it matter if a product is beautiful & delicious? Because you’ll want to use it!
Use as an Oil Pull
3-5 times a week, considerately cradle a capful for 5-20 minutes as the oils of sesame and coconut will clean your teeth, all while you savor sea buckthorns, bubble-gummy yums. While our blend is safe to swallow, we recommend spitting the oil out after pulling since it’ll be full of all the junk you’re trying to get rid of.
- Sting-free recipe!
- Supports your mouth’s ability to repair teeth and gums
- Essential Ingredients
- It feels like a lather of luscious liquid velvet
- It gives you an excuse to not talk for quite a long time
- No corn, soy or gluten
- Fresh taste to banish bad bread
5. GuruNanda Natural Mouthwash
- EMBRACE YOUR GUM HEALTH: GuruNanda’s pulling oil is an ideal product to help improve and support your overall oral care and gum health.
- BENEFITS OF OIL PULLING: Swishing oil around the mouth helps increase salivary secretion and supports plaque removal and tartar removal. Regular use nourishes your oral hygiene to combat bad breath, support healthy gums and enamel care for overall teeth whitening mouth rinse experience.
- FOUR NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Coconut oil, Sesame seed and sunflower oil are known for its natural healing properties along with Omega 3 fatty acids. Peppermint Essential Oil leaves a long-lasting fresh clean taste in your mouth. Proudly made in the USA.
- HOW TO OIL PULL: 1) Pour swishing oil into the measuring cup provided. 2) Rinse for 2-30 minutes. 3) You should spit out the oil; DO NOT swallow. 4) Next, brush your teeth and clean your tongue with GuruNanda’s Tongue Scraper thoroughly.
- IDEAL FOR DAILY RINSING: GuruNanda Oil Pulling is alcohol free, fluoride free & contains no artificial flavors, making it safe to use on a daily basis for long term mouth care. It is recommended that you oil pull at the beginning of your day on an empty stomach for ultimate benefits.
GuruNanda Natural Mouthwash is an ideal product to help improve and support your overall oral care and gum health. At GuruNanda, we believe that it is important to focus on your teeth during brushing and the tissues around them. This unique oil pulls out harmful toxins from deep in your gums, providing relief for swollen gums and receding tissue.
WHAT IS AYURVEDA?
Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world’s oldest healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Its main goal is to promote good health.
AYURVEDIC FORMULA PULLING OIL MOUTH RINSE
Guru Nanda Pulling Oil is 100% natural, alcohol-free, and contains no artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors. A perfectly balanced combination of pure sesame, sunflower, coconut, and peppermint oils. MADE IN THE USA!
ALL NATURAL / NON -GMO
Every ingredient is globally and ethically sourced, GMO & preservative free, with no artificial colors or flavors. Plus, it is made with 100% natural ingredients and contains no alcohol or fluoride. It is the perfect item to add to your oral regimen.
6. Auromere Ayurvedic Mouthwash
- Flouride-free, Sulfate-free, Alcohol-free
- Cruelty-free / Vegan
- This natural mouthwash contains a potent Ayurvedic Formula with 23 herbal extracts & 9 essential oils, with Neem & Peelu. It’s rich in botanical extracts and essential oils that are full of beneficial properties for teeth and gums.
- Set of 2
Auromere Ayurvedic Mouthwash is free of harmful chemicals, including fluoride and sulfate, which often cause harm to oral tissues. With its plant based formula, you can expect this anti-bacterial mouthwash to clean up plaque and keep your teeth nice and white.
Pure, authentic, and effective Ayurvedic body care
Auromère is dedicated to bringing you pure, authentic, and effective Ayurvedic body care and incense products of the highest quality made with natural ingredients and wild-crafted herbs chosen for their beneficial properties according to the wisdom of Ayurveda.
Our mission is to bring India’s ancient, spiritual, traditional healing wisdom within reach of today’s modern, fast-paced lives.
Optimal Oral Hygiene With Neem & Peelu
Our natural mouthwash contains a potent Ayurvedic Formula with 23 herbal extracts & 9 essential oils, with Neem & Peelu. It’s rich in botanical extracts and essential oils that are full of beneficial properties for teeth and gums. Since ancient times, these potent ingredients have been recommended and prescribed by Ayurvedic specialists for optimum dental hygiene.
7. Listerine Zero Alcohol Mouthwash
- Travel sized (3.2 fl oz.) bottle of Listerine Zero alcohol-free Cool Mint mouthwash kills 99.9% of bad breath germs with a less intense taste for a fresher and cleaner mouth than brushing alone
- Protect your mouth and get fresh breath with this less intense alcohol-free mint mouthwash for a refreshing clean that doesn't feel overpowering
- From the #1 dentist recommended brand of over the counter mouthwashes, this mouthwash is proven to effectively kill millions of germs that cause bad breath, reaching your whole mouth for a better clean compared to just brushing alone
- Features a less-intense oral care formula and cool mint flavor that works to leave your mouth feeling clean and refreshed after use
- Bring your alcohol-free mouthwash on vacation with the convenient TSA-compliant and travel-approved bottle size
Listerine Zero mouthwash kills 99.9% of bad breath germs, leaving your breath fresh and healthful for life. It also provides a protective shield against germs, even after brushing and flossing—so you can feel confident that your mouth is clean, fresh, and healthy.
Germs Will Beg for Mercy
What happens each time you swish properly? LISTERINE Cool Mint Zero-Alcohol fights 99.9% of bad breath germs within 30 seconds.
Why Rinse – FEEL THE WHOA
Brushing and flossing only go so far. Adding rinsing with LISTERINE Cool Mint Zero-Alcohol provides a greater reach for a whole mouth clean.
Protect Against Bad Breath
Target the root cause of bad breath by remembering to floss daily, brush, and rinse with LISTERINE twice daily for 24-hour bad breath germ protection.
1 Dentist Recommended Brand
Be sure to schedule appointments with your dentist at least every 6 months. Don’t be shy to ask your dentist/ hygienist about the best oral care habits.
The Advantages of Using Alcohol Free Mouthwash
Refreshes the Breath:
Bacteria that cause bad breath are killed by mouthwash. It also gives you a refreshing, minty sensation in your mouth. However, it does not provide long-term relief from bad breath.
Prevents the formation of plaque:
Mouthwash helps prevent plaque from forming on your teeth and between them. It destroys the microorganisms that have taken up residence in your mouth. This can aid in the prevention of gum infections and the reduction of cavities.
Mouthwash has the advantage of reaching every nook and crevice of your mouth because it is liquid. It can get to places where a toothbrush can’t. Following your daily dental hygiene routine, loosened plaque may linger in between your teeth, which may be properly rinsed off with mouthwash.
Cavities are avoided:
Fluoride is included in mouthwashes, and it can help prevent cavities and improve your enamel. On the other hand, Fluoride has been linked to tooth decay in several scientific research. As a result, use it in the suggested amount. Also, keep in mind that fluoride isn’t present in all mouthwashes. As a result, double-check the label before making a purchase.
A Guide to Using Mouthwash
Mouthwash can be quite useful to your oral health if you use it regularly. Many people don’t use mouthwash appropriately or effectively enough to get the most out of it.
There are a few things to consider the next time you swish if you plan to add or keep mouthwash in your dental routine:
Taking each minute as it comes:
At least 60 seconds should be spent gargling and swishing. The majority of mouthwash ingredients do not activate in less than a minute.
Floss and brush your teeth
Brush and floss your teeth, as well as use mouthwash. Keep in mind that mouthwash can help you maintain good oral hygiene. It isn’t a panacea.
Avoid mouthwashes containing alcohol:
The high alcohol concentration of mouthwash is responsible for most of the issues it causes. Using an alcohol-free rinse will keep your gums and teeth healthy while still providing the care they require.
Selecting the Best Mouthwash:
Your mouthwash should be tailored to your specific oral health requirements. Find out which mouthwash is best for you by consulting your dentist. Your dentist is the best person to ask about your dental needs. To maintain maximum dental health, they can recommend a specific mouthwash.
What is an Alcohol-Free Mouthwash?
Alcohol-free mouthwash is manufactured with alcohol-free components. Users do not notice any burning or irritation while using this type of mouthwash.
How does mouthwash improve your oral health?
Mouthwash contains antibacterial chemicals that destroy germs that cause tooth decay, poor breath, plaque accumulation, oral sores, and gingivitis. Mouthwash helps enhance your oral health by keeping your teeth and gums healthy in this way.
Is there any mouthwash without alcohol?
The most popular mouthwash recommended by dentists, Listerine, has developed an alcohol-free, less potent version that nonetheless gets the job done. The fluoride in Act’s mouthwash helps to prevent cavities.
What mouthwash do dentists use?
It’s an antibacterial with a broad spectrum of action, but it’s especially effective against germs that cause gum disease. When treating patients with gum disease, dentists may use chlorhexidine mouthwash.
Why do dentists recommend alcohol free mouthwash?
Saliva production is aided rather than inhibited by alcohol-free mouthwash, which helps your mouth naturally clean out microorganisms. Switching to alcohol-free mouthwash could help you avoid dry mouth and a bacterial imbalance in your mouth, leading to foul breath.
A good mouthwash can help to eliminate bad breath and prevent other gum, throat, or oral health problems. The best mouthwash should be alcohol-free, come in easy-to-use sprays or swabs, and contain ingredients that will help to keep your mouth clean and fresh throughout the day.
There are many types of mouthwash available in the market, and finding the best one may be a time-consuming task. The reviews, ratings, and customer feedback shared by others can help you pick up the right mouthwash. Select one product after comparing various products, check out the customer reviews and ratings, and read the feedback to see if it is worth a try.