The human body produces 5-hydroxytryptophan during normal metabolic processes. Following steady, long-term consumption, this naturally produced chemical can serve as a powerful appetite suppressant. When used correctly, 5-HTP works to kick your metabolism into overdrive and provide feelings of satiety. There are numerous benefits associated with the consumption of 5-HTP. In fact, when taken in regulated amounts, this supplement can improve a variety of conditions including depression, diabetes, and obesity.
Best 5 HTP Supplement Reviews
1. Nature’s Bounty 5-HTP Pills and Dietary Supplement
- Helps your body produce serotonin
- Helps maintain a positive outlook and tranquil mood
- Not significantly present in the typical diet
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
- Packaging may vary due to redesign, same great product ingredients
|Diet Type||Plant Based|
|Allergen Information||Sulphur Dioxide|
|Item Weight||0.11 Pounds|
|Unit Count||60 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.94 x 1.94 x 3.7 inches|
|Model Name||Nature ‘ S Bounty Mg Capsules|
Nature’s Bounty 5-HTP (a.k.a. 5-Hydroxytryptophan) helps your brain produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in sending messages through the nervous system that contribute to your mood and well-being.* These capsules are a great way to make sure you’re getting enough of this important nutrient every day.
At Nature’s Bounty, we are committed to your health. For nearly 50 years we have been making trusted products, backed by science, and made with only the purest ingredients…assured. So you can get the most out of life every day. Our dedication to quality, consistency, and scientific research has resulted in vitamins and supplements of unrivaled excellence.
Driving Innovation through Scientific Expertise
Our Scientific Advisory Council is made up of prominent scientists and researchers external to The Nature’s Bounty Co., who play a key role in the Company’s product innovation and scientific advancement. It is comprised of some of the most respected medical and nutrition experts in the field.
Quality You Can Count On
Every Nature’s Bounty product is subjected to numerous quality tests and assays throughout the manufacturing process to verify purity and full potency.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
We’re proud that our facilities have been successfully audited by the United States Pharmacopeia and STR (Specialized Technology Resources), a leading independent dietary supplement quality evaluation firm.
2. Eagleshine Vitamins 5-HTP 200mg Per Serving
- High Purity 5HTP 200mg Supplement - 5HTP Supplement has 5htp 100mg per softgel, it is naturally derived from high purity griffonia seed (Griffonia simplicifolia) extract 98%, which is grown in western part of Africa.
- Healthy Mood & Weight Management- Deal Supplement 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is the primary precursor to serotonin production in the body, which provides many benefits, such as promoting healthy mood, weight management and more.
- Natural Herbal Supplement - Eagleshine Vitamins 5-HTP is 100% drug free, 98% highly purified and highly bioavailable, it may increase melatonin production in the body with increasing serotonin level.
- Quality Ensured - Proudly made in USA, gluten free, diary free, Non-GMO, No preservatives, No tree-nuts, No sugar, 3rd party tested
- Money Back Guarantee - 60 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee
|Product Benefits||Weight Loss Support|
|Allergen Information||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, Shellfish Free|
|Material Feature||GMO Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free|
|Unit Count||180.00 Count|
We created Compact by Design to identify products that, while they may not always look very different, have a more efficient design. With the removal of excess air and water, products require less packaging and become more efficient to ship. At scale, these small differences in product size and weight lead to significant carbon emission reductions.
Promotes Overall Calmness & Relaxation
5-Hydroxytryptophan is a nutrient found in the body that supports the production of serotonin. This substance plays a role in important functions throughout the body that involve energy, mood, and many other things related with the brain.
Extra Strength 5-HTP Supplement
Deal supplement 5-HTP nutritional supplement is made to hold extra strength servings in each easy to swallow softgel. Also, promotes lasting effects and management of day-to-day stressors.
Natural Extract Ingredients
Our pure 5-HTP is made with natural griffonia simplicifolia seed extract. Giving you a clean and convenient way to get the support you need while leaving out things like GMOs, soy and gluten.
3. Jarrow Formulas 5-HTP – 60 Veggie Caps
- Melatonin Production: 5-HTP is the direct metabolic precursor to serotonin and is important for the production of melatonin, a hormone secreted by the pineal gland that aids biorhythm regulation
- Mental Health and Sleep: 5-HTP may be useful in promoting mental health (as a precursor to serotonin) and sleep (as a precursor to melatonin)
- Serotonin Synthesis: 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an extract of griffonia simplicifolia seeds from coastal West Africa; Purity is assured by HPLC; The formula supports serotonin synthesis
- Convenient Veggie Caps: Take one capsule per day on an empty stomach or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional
- Superior Nutrition and Formulation: The goal of Jarrow Formulas is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable, and superior formulation of dietary supplements; Our customers can be assured of purity, value, and potency
|Product Benefits||Metabolism Management|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Dosage Form||100 mg|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Fish Free, Soy Free|
|Item Weight||0.14 Pounds|
Jarrow Formulas Five 5-HTP is the direct metabolic precursor to serotonin and is important for the production of melatonin, a hormone secreted by the pineal gland that aids biorhythm regulation. 5-HTP capsules may be useful in promoting mental health (as a precursor to serotonin) and sleep (as a precursor to melatonin). 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an extract of Griffonia simplicifolia seeds from coastal West Africa. Purity is assured by HPLC. The formula supports serotonin synthesis.
Formulating Health for Decades
Since our founding in 1977, our mission has always been to put science first. We believe that dietary supplement formulations based on relevant and strong scientific research have the potential to support and promote optimal health. That’s why we participate in and support scientific research around the world.
Purity & Potency
Jarrow Formulas products are manufactured in Current Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP) certified facilities. Under cGMP regulations, manufacturers are required to evaluate the identity, purity, strength, and composition of ingredients. And we only work with raw material suppliers that follow these practices as well. Jarrow Formulas customers can be assured of purity and potency when choosing from our comprehensive dietary supplements line.
Quality Testing from Start to Finish
Jarrow Formulas in-house analytical laboratories enable our staff of highly trained specialists to test our products’ quality from start to finish. We analyze raw materials for identity, chemical, microbiological, heavy metals, organoleptic, and other physical properties prior to manufacturing. But we don’t stop there. Finished products are also tested to ensure they meet the highest quality standards.
4. Thorne Research – 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)
- Sleep: Supports restful sleep*
- Stress: Nutritional support for stress*
- Cravings: Helps decrease sugar cravings*
- Positivity: Supports a healthy outlook*
- Trusted: Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content. Thorne is also a proud partner of 11 U.S. Olympic Teams.
|Item Weight||0.05 Pounds|
|Unit Count||90.00 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.83 x 1.83 x 3.22 inches|
Nutritional deficiencies can have an effect on brain chemical balance, which influences a healthy outlook and the ability to relax. Thorne provides single and multi-nutrient/botanical formulas that support a healthy and positive outlook and restful sleep.*
Sourcing Exceptional Ingredients
We develop better standards for higher quality ingredients. Thorne cares deeply about where our ingredients come from. We partner only with suppliers whose practices emphasize quality, science, and responsibility. Better ingredients means better potency, absorption, and digestibility – and ultimately better health.
Manufacturing the Right Way
We manufacture our own products to ensure full supply chain transparency. For more than 30 years, we have invested in clean manufacturing practices. We refuse to use ingredients that can inhibit absorption. We perform our final production in the United States. Our Charleston, South Carolina, manufacturing facility is annually certified by GMP and certified by NSF International yearly, a well-recognized independent third-party certification organization.
Four Rounds of Testing
We run four rounds of testing for each of our products. We have invested in two state-of-the-art in-house laboratories that allow us to conduct four rounds of testing, while most competitors test only one or two times. We test our raw materials, in-process batches, finish products, and product stability for each product.
We’re thinking sustainably to protect our environment. We believe the environment should never be compromised for the sake of business gain. At Thorne, we believe that doing our part to protect the environment and its most valuable resources goes hand in hand with our product quality standards.
5. BeLive 5-HTP Gummies
- SCIENCE-BACKED RELIEF: 5-HTP is proven to support serotonin levels which can help improve cognition and focus. 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter essential for many mood, cognition, and memory functions.
- SLEEP BETTER: 5-HTP produces serotonin which can be converted into melatonin, a key hormone in regulating and helping you sleep Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day!
- HEALTHY DIET: Studies have shown that 5HTP can help induce the feeling of fullness, assisting in diet control. 5HTP may also support a healthy diet by relieving stress, which often triggers over-eating.
- SOURCED NATURALLY: BeLive's Gummies offer 5-HTP from Griffonia Seed Extract. They are high quality, gluten-free & Vegan. BeLive gummies are heat protected. No more sticky and melted gummies at arrival.
- QUALITY ASSURED: Our products are checked at every stage: Blending, Processing, Testing, Bottling, Labeling, & Follow Up Testing.
BeLive 5-HTP Gummies are formulated with 5-HTP to help support healthy serotonin levels, which can help with cognition, focus, and sleep. A precursor to serotonin, 5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid that promotes relaxation and well-being to help you manage stress. Made with all natural ingredients, BeLive gummies are a delicious way to balance your mood and hormones while staying active and awake.
Natural Mood Booster
5HTP is a drug-free, naturally occurring amino acid that helps the body synthesize the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Get Better Sleep
5HTP works to keep you calm through the day, so you can sleep better through the night. Help calm a racing mind with the only 5HTP gummy on the market.
Feel More Positive
Manage your stress, calm your mind, and boost a key neurotransmitter for happiness. BeLive’s non-habit forming 5HTP is a great addition to your routine.
Buying Guide For Best 5-HTP supplement
Supplements containing 5-HTP provide a number of advantages.
Although 5-HTP is not as well-known or extensively used as protein powder or vitamins, it can be just as helpful for some people by increasing serotonin levels, which can lead to better mood and sleep. This makes it a viable option to other sleep aids. 5-HTP has been demonstrated to reduce hunger by making you feel full, which may help you lose weight.
Dosage and number of pills
5-HTP is commonly sold in bottles containing 50, 100, or 200 mg pills, with pill counts ranging from 30 to 180 per bottle. When and how much 5-HTP you take depends on the effect you’re looking for, with 100 to 300 milligrams recommended for sleep, 250 to 300 milligrams for appetite management, and 50 to 100 milligrams for enhanced mood.
What to Look for When Purchasing a 5-HTP Supplement
Ingredients not listed
Given the many benefits of 5-HTP, some manufacturers include additional substances such as vitamins C and B6 to aid in the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin and calcium to encourage better sleep and overall serenity. GABA, or gamma-aminobutyric acid, is sometimes used to aid sleep.
It’s worth noting that some 5-HTP supplements contain wheat, gluten, or soy, which can be problematic for people who have food allergies.
a gradual release
Some pills are slow-release, which might aid folks with sensitive stomachs with digestive disorders. The disadvantage is that the effects may take longer to manifest, which is a problem if you’re taking them to encourage sleep and relaxation.
How much should you budget for a 5-HTP supplement?
You should always verify the pill count and serving size of each bottle, however, 5-HTP can cost anywhere from 14 cents per serving to around 86 cents per serving. That means a bottle can cost anywhere from $14 to $130, but quality products can still be purchased for around $20.
FAQs About 5-HTP supplement
Does 5-HTP have any side effects?
Not always, but large doses have been linked to heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, which is why it’s important to always follow the recommended dosage. If you’re taking it for the first time, start with low doses. And always consult your doctor if you plan to take this supplement long-term, or while taking other medication.
Should I take 5-HTP with food?
You can take it with or without food. Some people prefer to take it on an empty stomach before bed to help improve sleep. However, always follow the directions, because the species may contain other ingredients best absorbed with food.
When is the best time of day to take 5-HTP?
It depends on your main reason for taking the supplement. Taking 5-HTP at bedtime has been known to help improve sleep and decrease anxiety the following day. If you’re taking it for weight management, it can be effective if taken 30 minutes before a meal.
The best 5 htp supplement is good enough to prove itself. And this is the factor you can trust in the product. Choosing the right htp supplement brand is not as difficult as you think. A htp supplement brand must have a natural organic ingredient inside it to make it might effective in taking care of your health and stamina.