Closing your windows is about the only thing you can do to keep pollen out. The allergen still collects on your hair and clothing, even after a stroll in the park or a romp in the woods. And it’s not just pollen. Molds, dust mites, pet dander, and other pollution from outdoor air can find their way into your home. An air purifier, while only partially effective against these pollutants, can reduce them and improve your indoor air quality (IAQ), by cleansing the space of harmful particulates and some allergens, such as mold spores, viruses, dust, and pet dander.
Consumer Reports Air Purifiers Reviews
1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.7 x 8.7 x 16.25 inches|
|Item Weight||7.48 Pounds|
The Levoit air purifier is designed to quickly, comfortably, and effectively remove pollutants from your home, providing relief from allergy symptoms such as sneezing and congestion. With its VortexAir Technology, 360° air intake, and powerful motor, you will enjoy a fresh breeze in minutes. Enjoy clean, healthy air so that everyone in your family can breathe freely again.
Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Levoit Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, and 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h).
High-Performance Air Purifier
High-performance air purifier with 360° air intake for dog, cat, and pet allergen removal. Features VortexAir Technology and H13 True HEPA filter for allergen control. Quickly cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, and 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance. Leaves no ozone residue while eliminating animal dander and other unwanted particles before they can trigger allergies, asthma attacks, and other respiratory issues.
2. InvisiClean Claro Air Purifier
- High Performance Air Filtration – Easy to replace medical grade H13 True HEPA 99.989% filter and activated carbon pre-filter for dust mites, pollen, and pet dander as well as cooking and household odors. Filter included and replacement filters are available on Amazon.
- Designed For Large Rooms & Saving Energy - Powerful low EMF radiation DC motor with four speeds and delivers more than DOUBLE the air output using up to 85% LESS electricity than other air purifiers. Lowest setting will use less than 50 cents a month in electricity. Covers 1,500 sq ft (1 air change per hour) and 375 sq ft (4 air changes per hour). CADR rated at 200CFM / 340m³/h (AHAM standard).
- Real-Time Air Quality Monitor - Advanced PM 2.5 sensor measures and detects changes in air quality. In auto mode, the fan speed will auto adjust to clear the air quickly and automatically. Displays real-time PM 2.5 levels, temperature, and humidity.
- Advanced Features - Four fan speeds for ultra quiet operation, optional ionizer and UV-C light, real-time air quality / temperature / humidity display, filter / UV bulb change indicator, a timer to shut off automatically, and sleep mode to run in complete darkness.
- Support - InvisiClean is a US company with customer support in the USA. California Air Resources Board [CARB] certified compliant for sale in California. Power: 110V Only.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.5 x 14.7 x 23.4 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
The Claro air purifier is the newest and largest model in the InvisiClean line-up of air purifiers. The larger size of the Claro is not too big but just large enough to provide some advantages over smaller air purifiers. The Claro will run quieter, the filters will last longer, and with its additional power, it can cover more square feet than any other air purifier we carry.
By the time you notice bad air quality, it is too late, you are already stuffy, congested, and not feeling well. The InvisiClean Claro solves this problem by constantly analyzing and detecting changes in air quality and adjusting its power to match what’s needed to clean your air. The result is powerful, efficient air cleaning only when you need it.
What’s the secret to cleaner air? Power. The more powerful your air purifier, the more air it can cycle through… and the faster it can cleanse and sanitize your indoor air.
That’s why your InvisiClean Claro Air Purifier features a powerful DC motor, much stronger than the AC motors used in most other air cleaners. Result: It delivers 200 cubic feet (340m³/h) of purified air per minute – more than double the output of other models in its class. Yet it uses up to 85% less energy, so you’ll save money on electricity. On the lowest setting, the air purifier will run 24/7, for less than 50 cents a month.
The InvisiClean Claro is our most powerful design yet and is designed to clean up to 375 square feet of living space. Plus, it runs at 4 speeds (not just 3, like other models) – Ultra-quiet at low speeds for complete silence and turbo for maximum effectiveness.
As soon as air enters your Claro Purifier, it passes through a special pre-filter featuring activated charcoal (carbon). This pre-filter catches larger particles – such as hair, dust, and pet dander – so they won’t clog the rest of the unit. Plus, it absorbs and neutralizes odors from smoke, cooking, pets, etc., so your indoor environment will smell fresher and cleaner.
True HEPA Filter
Next, air passes through our premium True HEPA Filter. Unlike “HEPA-like” filters found in many units, this genuine True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. Dust mites. Pollen. Mold spores. Pet dander. Plus other common allergens. They’re all safely trapped and removed from your indoor air.
Your air purifier’s built-in ionizer constantly emits negative ions. These ions attract airborne particulates, which then clump together into larger clusters. That way, they’re more easily filtered out of the air.
Germ-Fighting UV-C Light
Before air cycles out of your Claro air sanitizer, it encounters our special UV-C light, a powerful ultraviolet light that kills harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold spores. Then, as the purified air re-enters the room, it’s free of those dangerous germs.
3. LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Bedroom Home
- REFRESH & RELAX: If you struggle with allergies, low-quality sleep, congestion, or symptoms caused by pet dander, the Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier is ready to help you create a healthy space
- MATTER OF MINUTES: Breathe freely and sleep better as the air purifier uses 360° VortexAir Technology 3.0 and 3-stage filtration to ensure top-notch air purification
- QUIET OPERATION: Sleep soundly without loud rattling coming from your air purifier. This little air purifier keeps noise levels as low as 25dB while keeping your space fresh
- AROMATHERAPY: Struggling with pet odors or musty smells? Add a few drops of fragrant essential oils to the aroma pad to keep your space smelling great
- SAVE SPACE: Tired of dragging a bulky purifier back and forth? Light, travel-friendly, and compact, the Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier (6.5 × 6.5 × 10.4 in) easily fits in any bedroom, office, or living room, creating less clutter and more fresh air
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.5 x 6.5 x 10.4 inches|
|Item Weight||1.06 Kilograms|
The Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier for Bedroom uses 360° VortexAir Technology 3.0, 3-stage filtration, and HEPA & washable air filters to purify your air and create a healthy home environment. In addition to allergens like pet dander, the purifier can also help remove dust, mold, and bacteria from your indoor air.
Loud & Noisy
Many conventional air purifiers operate with high noise levels, making it hard to fall asleep.
Put it on your nightstand
Noticed a difference in sleep quality
Use it at the office
Put all your energy into your work
Place it on your dresser
Reduced the amount of dust on your dresser
Refresh your living room
It circulates the air well and makes it feel fresh.
4. HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier for Home
- Purify your air – Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors. Our H11 HEPA filter captures 99.9% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- What you get – Smart air purifier, True HEPA filter set, remote control, manual, 2-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
- Remove odors, smoke, & VOC’s – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- Breathe easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 10,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier can assist and support the body’s natural response during allergy season.
- Smart air purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||13 x 7 x 20 inches|
|Item Weight||12 Pounds|
Purify your air and protect those around you from airborne pollutants. The HSP001 Air Purifier is the perfect fit for rooms up to 700 square feet, filtering 100% of the air every hour. Our 5-stage HEPA filtration system filters 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. These include allergens, dust, pet dander, pollen, odors, smoke, and toxic Volatile Organic Compounds. Plus, with our built-in anion ionizer, odors don’t stand a chance. Perfect for bedrooms, common areas, and the office.
- Filter cover 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- Replace 100% of the air in a 700 sq ft space every hour. The purifier has settable speed controls and smart auto mode.
- *Over 98% removal rate of Staphylococcus Albus & Escherichia Coli based on 3rd party testing (Intertek 2021) report 210111243GZU-001.
- *Over 99.99% removal rate of H1N1 & EV71 virus based on 3rd party testing (Intertek 2021) report 210111243GZU-001.
- Eliminate odors.
- Eliminate smoke.
- Trusted customer support.
- For the best performance and longest lifespan, use certified HATHASPACE replacement filters. Search “B07Y2DVXBG” to purchase a HATHASPACE Certified Replacement Filters for HSP001
5. Alen 75i Air Purifier, Quiet Air Flow for Extra
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools and open spaces
- B7-PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps eliminate asthma and allergy triggers
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- 5 AIR QUALITY COLORS: A Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles and auto-adjusts with air quality changes. Blue = Excellent, Green = Good, Orange = Fair, Red = Poor, Purple = Bad air quality (high levels of particles)
- QUIETLY POWERFUL: Cleans 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes and eliminates airborne pollutants fast. Perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise - a frequency to help you sleep up to better
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12 x 19 x 27 inches|
|Item Weight||27 Pounds|
The Alen BreatheSmart 75i is ideal for large, open-concept spaces including living rooms, bedrooms, lofts, apartments, offices, kitchens, basements, and more! Our most powerful unit cleans 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes. Not only powerful but one of the quietest air purifiers available. Alen’s True HEPA-Fresh filter removes airborne allergens, dust, pollen, fur, pet dander, household odors PLUS smoke from cigarettes, cigars, cooking, wildfires, and VOC fumes from chemicals & aerosol sprays.
The True HEPA-Fresh filter contains an activated carbon layer that absorbs smoke, cleaning solution fumes, and toxic smells to help prevent respiratory issues. It includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that removes 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 microns. A Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles and self-adjusts to address the challenges of your ever-changing environment.
The LED color display allows you to see your air quality at a glance. Built to run continuously, the AUTO mode is controlled by the Smart Sensors which detect the pollutant in the air and will automatically speed the fan up or down and change the air quality light indicator.
The BreatheSmart 75i is incredibly quiet, and perfectly tuned to only generate soothing pink noise – a frequency to help you sleep up to 25% better. It has five fan speed options; the lowest produces a small frequency, like a whisper.
The CFM (airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute) includes 5 speeds and noise levels: Speed 1: 95 CFM; Speed 2: 170 CFM; Speed 3: 238 CFM; Speed 4: 280 CFM; Turbo: 350 CFM. Noise levels Speed 1: 25 dB; Speed 2: 33 dB; Speed 3: 39 dB; Speed 4: 44 dB; Turbo:49 dB. It has a modern and stylish design to fit into any decor! It can be used in any space up to 1300 Square Feet and has low energy consumption – 45 watts on Turbo speed. Includes: 1 BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier, 1 True HEPA Filter (SKU: B7-Pure), 1 Panel
6. VEVA Air Purifier Large Room
- Our high-quality, medical-grade air purifier for home use captures tiny unwanted particles traveling through your home.
- Built with advanced 4-in-1 technology, our HEPA filter air purifier features a washable pre-filter, small dust & premium activated carbon filter, and a HEPA air filter.
- Ideal for households with pets, smokers, or lots of cooking, our air purifiers for home (large room or small room) keep your living space odor-free.
- Our HEPA air purifier does not produce trace amounts of ozone, making it a safe choice for your family. Complete with a front panel and pre-filter panel, our air purifiers for bedroom use are great for homes with a baby, cat, or dog.
- Sleek and stylish, our decor-friendly air purifier with washable filter is a must-have for your home or office. Note: Replace filters every 2-6 months for optimal results.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12.6 x 8.3 x 20.6 inches|
The high-quality Veva Pro HEPA 9000 air purifier captures unwanted micro-particles and uses HEPA technology to absorb contaminants. Offers up 3 dynamic air speeds, from Extra Quiet peaceful purification to Ultra Turbo maximum purification. Covers up to 600 sq ft.
Purify The Air
The washable pre-filter uses micro-mesh technology to remove hair, pet dander, and lint.
The micro-particle & activated carbon filter extends the life of HEPA filters and uses advanced technology to eliminate odors from cooking, pets, smoking, and more!
The premium H13 HEPA filter improves your air quality and removes pollen, mold, and dust. These filters are designed to remove particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Our air purifier set includes a washable pre-filter, micro-particle & activated carbon filter, and an H13 premium HEPA filter. Breathe easier in three simple steps. Installation is as easy as sliding the filters into their perfectly aligned slots.
7. Coway Google Home True HEPA Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega 400S is designed to accommodate large room sizes up to 1, 560 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter – combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter – captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. It also includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. The noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds and the max noise it creates at the highest setting is 43. 2 dB.
- Smart mode with three settings, Coway Airmega smart air purifier adapts to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room's air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.8 x 14.8 x 22.8 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||24.7 Pounds|
The most advanced air purifier was developed by Coway. Air mega is a connected air purifier, that intelligently, effectively, and quietly cleans the air in your home. Its dual-filtration system removes 99.97percent of particulate matter from the air, while the accompanying air mega mobile app (IOS and Android) allows you to monitor and manage air quality from almost anywhere.
A Balance of Technology and Design
We saw an opportunity to change the way people viewed air purifiers. By combining leading technology, inspired design, imagination, and an obsession with detail, we created an air purifier that is as powerful as it is beautiful.
8. Molekule – Air Mini+ – FDA-Cleared Medical Air Purifier
- FDA-cleared to destroy viruses: Molekule Air Mini+ is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses & bacteria, and trap 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size
- Made for smaller spaces: designed for smaller spaces up to 250 sq. ft. like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms & home offices
- PECO-powered: Uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, allergens, bacteria, mold, chemicals & more
- Auto Protect mode: Delivers particle protection by auto-adjusting fan speed based on the sensor. Auto Protect is designed for non-medical use. For home-or-commercial healthcare use, Mini+ should be used on fan speed 3 or higher
- PECO-Filter status indicator: Easily track the replacement schedule for your PECO-Filter
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.26 x 8.26 x 12 inches|
|Item Weight||7.3 Pounds|
Molekule Air Mini+ air purifier is FDA-cleared for medical use to destroy viruses and bacteria. This 510(k) Class II medical device features a 360-degree air intake that replaces the air in a 250-square-foot room. It’s designed to sit on an elevated surface like a table or counter and pull in particles from all sides.
The device uses a patented PECO-Filter, which is coated with a proprietary catalyst and breaks down viruses & bacteria at a molecular level when activated by light. It also traps 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size like mold & pollen allergens.
Please run your Molekule air purifier consistently for 24-48 hours to allow the device to break down any contaminants that may have settled within the device and on the PECO-Filter, and reach its full efficacy.
How do you set up a Molekule Mini+ air purifier?
Remove the shell and unwrap the filter. Align the shell logo and base arrow. Push down and twist clockwise to lock. Then, plug it in. If it doesn’t start, set it on the floor to lock with more force. See the setup video in the product image set for visual help.
Do Molekule’s purifiers use UV light to kill viruses and germs?
Not exactly. Our devices utilize low-energy UV-A light, which starts chemical reactions on our PECO-Filter’s surface that generate hydroxyl radicals. These hydroxyl radicals destroy the organic airborne viruses & bacteria through oxidation.
9. Homvana Air Purifier for Home Larger Room Bedroom
- ✅【Powerful Enough for Larger Rooms】With a CADR of 142 CFM / 240 m³/h, Homvana Smart Air Purifier H211 clears the air in 375 ft²/ 35㎡ in 17mins, and 521ft²/ 48㎡ in 25mins, making it perfect for larger rooms such as living rooms, open kitchens, loft apartments, and basements.
- ✅【4-Stage Defense with H13 True HEPA Filter】High-efficiency 4-stage filtration helps people with asthma and allergies. Includes H13 True HEPA Filter, capturing 99.97% of airborne contaminants of 0.1 microns, like dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander. Search for "B09R1GHVKF" on Amazon for the purchase of official filters.
- ✅【Real-time Air Quality Indicator】Know the real-time air quality and see the changes in the air quality at a glance of the distinct indicators like Green(Very Good), Blue(Good), Orange(Moderate), Red(Bad), with the help of the advanced infrared sensor.
- ✅【Smart Auto Mode】Tap the Auto Mode, and the purifier will auto-optimize the fan speed based on the surrounding air quality, providing clean, fresh air to your home without any worries about manually adjusting, especially when with a baby or hands full of stuff.
- ✅【Exclusive SilentAir Tech for Undisturbed Sleep】Thanks to the exclusive SilentAir tech, you can enjoy undisturbed sleep with Homvana's sleep mode, which operates at a level as low as 22dB, even quieter than a whisper. Also, you can turn off all lights with the Display Off button.
|Noise Level||22 dB|
The Homvana Smart Air Purifier H211 is the air purifier of choice for allergy sufferers, people with asthma, and pet owners alike. It features a True HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of airborne contaminants of 0.1 microns, like dust, pollen, smoke, and pet dander.
The 4-stage filtration system helps purify large rooms in as little as 17 minutes making it perfect for larger rooms such as living rooms, open kitchens (without island or wall obstructions), loft apartments, and basements. It runs up to 52 hours on Low without filters before needing replacement, so it’s quiet and energy-efficient.
Set a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours to perfectly fit your schedule. Maintain powerful purification when necessary, and save energy when sleeping or going out.
Filter Change Reminder
The Display/Filter button, with its red button light, reminds you of the time to change the filter after 3-5 months of use, depending on your usage. Search for “B09R1GHVKF”.
3 Fan Speed
Comes with 3 adjustable fan speed settings from Low, Medium to High, to find your optimal fan speed to tackle different purification needs.
10. HEPA Air Purifiers for Home
- Excellent Performance, Solid Choice. Featured with a powerful purification system, the air purifier is endowed with a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) up to 200 m3/h, of which the higher the figure, the better its ability to purify the air. That’s to say, the air purifier will circulate the air of a 215 ft²/20m² room within 20 minutes.
- 3-Stage Filtration, All-Round Care. Built-in 3 stages of filtration system perfectly remove different types of particles from the air, of which a pre-filter layer is for large particles like hair & lint, a HEPA layer is for small particles like smoke, and a layer of activated carbon is to eliminate odors. Remove up to 99.97% of pet dander, smoke, dust, and other microbes, and return you with a fresh & clean living environment.
- 3-Level Fan Speed, 24-Hour Timer. There are three fan speed levels available for you to adjust the air-purifying speed. The AUTO mode helps the device control the speed automatically as the air quality changes. Set the timer from 1 to 24 hours, so you can breathe in the fresh air all night or right now after you step into the room.
- Ultra-Quiet Operation, Sleep Sound. Come with a considerate sleep mode, the HEPA air purifier operates with a low noise level of less than 22dB. You can barely hear the noise even in the quiet night, perfect for the bedroom, baby’s room, living room, and office. Shut off the light by pressing the Lights-Off button and enjoy the whole night’s sleep with no light but purified fresh air lingering in your room.
- Filter Replacsement: Depending on usage, the filters should be replaced every 6–8 months, you can buy new filters by searching "B09WMG87VC" , Please rest assured that each product has gone through strict quality inspection processes before delivery. If you have any problem, contact us and we’ll help you as soon as possible.
|Noise Level||22 dB|
Air purifier with HEPA filter features its superior purifying performance. It comes with 3 stages of filtration, removing 99.97% of air pollutants. With the CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of up to 200 m3/h, it circulates your room quickly and fast. Turning on the sleep mode, it’ll work quietly with noise less than 22dB, ensuring you a sound sleep.
See Air Quality Intuitively
Built-in with a digital display that shows the current room air quality and a 3-color air quality indicator, the purifier lets you know the air quality through just a glimpse.
3 Adjustable Fan Speed
It comes with 3 adjustable fan speeds for different needs: the high speed (noise less than 46dB), the middle speed (noise less than 29dB), and the low speed (less than 22dB).
Change Filter Regularly
It is recommended to change the filter regularly every 3 to 6 months so as to keep the purifying performance. Please take off the plastic membrane of the filter before first use.
Convenient Auto Mode
The auto mode enables the machine to adjust the fan speed automatically. When the air quality is bad, the purifier speeds up to purifier the room and vice versa, relieving you from constantly changing the speed.
Quiet Sleep Mode
This air purifier works excellently quiet after turning on the sleep mode. It works with noise less than 22dB, which is quieter than whispering, thus making you a sound sleep.
The specially designed child/pet safety lock greatly protects not only the naughty kid/pets but also this air purifier from possible dangers. With a simple tap, purification starts.
11. Germ Guardian AC4825 22” 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10.25 x 6.75 x 21.5 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||8.55 Pounds|
BREATHE FRESH AND CLEANER AIR GermGuardian air purifiers kill germs and viruses, filter odors, and trap allergens with a True HEPA filter and optional UV-C light to deliver crisp, refreshing air to your home. POWERFUL AND CUSTOMIZABLE Your at home comfort can be customized with 3 speed settings, ultra-quiet mode on the lowest speed setting, and an optional UV-C light on an easy to use top panel. Made for medium to large rooms up to 153 sq. feet.
WHY USE GENUINE GERMGUARDIAN REPLACEMENTS Your purifier is only as powerful and effective as the filter you put inside, and our Genuine GermGuardian replacement parts are essential for maintaining product performance. Each filter or bulb is designed specifically for a particular unit style.
Not only will genuine replacement parts fit like a glove, but they also have the combination technology to match so that you can get the most out of your air purifier. AHAM VERIFIED AHAM verified products are rated for their ability to clean tobacco smoke, dust, and pollen from rooms.
CADR RATING Smoke (99), Dust (118), Pollen (125). The CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) displayed on the product carton may not match the ratings on our website. Please refer to our website for the most accurate ratings.
In an effort to stay up to date with Energy Star Version 2.0 testing requirements, CADR ratings on our website reflect the test results of products manufactured after 10.16.20. 3 YEAR WARRANTY GermGuardian gives you reassurance and a US based tech support team with a 3 year limited warranty in addition to your purchase. Voltage Plug the power cord into a 120V AC outlet.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT Please reach out to our US-based customer support team at Guardian Technologies directly with any questions or concerns regarding your product. We are happy to help!
Captures Dust & Allergens
HEPA Filter captures dust and allergens such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores, and plant pollens.
UV-C Fights Germs
UV-C light helps reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold spores* and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Equipped with a charcoal filter that reduces common odors from pets, smoking, and cooking.
Multiple Levels of Cleaning
- HEPA Filter Captures 99.97% of dust and allergens
- Charcoal Filter Reduces common odors from pets, smoking, and cooking
- UV-C Light helps reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold spores
- TIO2 treatment Works with the UV-C to reduce VOCs.
12. IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||16 x 15 x 28 inches|
|Item Weight||35 Pounds|
Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filtration technology traps ultrafine particles down to 0.003 microns – 10x smaller than a virus! Independent testing verifies that IQAir HyperHEPA filtration traps at least 99.5% of all particles down to 0.003 microns for unequaled protection against fine and ultrafine particles, including bacteria and viruses. This is why critical environments trust IQAir.
Patented triple-sealing technology eliminates air leakage:
- Filter media is 100% sealed into the filter frame
- 3D UltraSeal perfectly seals the filter frame to the housing
- Individual seals ensure all is airtight
New Edition fan
New Edition fan and maintenance-free motor:
- Delivers up to 300 cfm
- Only 27 watts used at lowest speed
- 215 watt max at highest speed
IQAir’s patented EvenFlow Diffuser provides:
- 320-degree air delivery
- No noisy air outlet
- No annoying draft
Control features include:
- Programmable operating options
- Filter-life monitoring
- Color-coded lights indicate when a filter change is needed
13. Dyson Pure Cool, TP04 – HEPA Air Purifier
- Intelligently purifies and cools you.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- 360° filtration system uses activated carbon to remove gases and odors and a HEPA filter to capture 99. 97% pollutants as small as 0. 3 microns.
- Air Multiplier technology circulates purified air throughout the whole room
- Automatically senses and reacts to changes in air quality - then reports pollution in real time on LCD screen and on your Dyson Link app. ***
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.77 x 8.77 x 41.49 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||10.89 Pounds|
The Dyson Pure Cool™ purifying tower fan, is the only purifying fan to clean a whole room properly. We design our purifying fans to go beyond test chamber conditions and focus on real home conditions – this is more than just having an efficient filter.1 Dyson engineers and research concluded that to clean an entire room properly, you need to sense pollution events automatically; capture ultrafine pollutants, and project cleaner air around the room using Air Multiplier technology. Only the Dyson purifying fan is designed and tested to do all of this.
Automatically senses particles and gases, then diagnoses and reports them in real time as the machine purifies the air.
With a 360˚ sealed HEPA and activated carbon filters to remove pollution and gases.
Air Multiplier technology mixes and circulates smooth, yet powerful airflow
Reports indoor and outdoor air quality to the Dyson Link app.
Types of Air Purifiers
Air purifiers use a variety of technologies to reduce indoor pollution. Some are more effective than others. Some are even harmful to your health.
Models with mechanical filters include the following:
This is the type of test that CR performs. Fans drive air through a dense web of fine fibers in air purifiers with pleated filters, trapping pollutants. HEPA filters—those authorized to collect 99.97 percent of particles of a specified size (0.3 micrometers in diameter—for example, smoke and paint pigments)—have a very thin mesh. Larger particles, such as dust, pollen, and some mold spores, can also be removed by HEPA filters while they’re suspended in the air. (It’s worth noting that some filters labeled “HEPA-type” or “HEPA-like” haven’t been certified to fulfill the specifications of a real HEPA filter, but they may still perform well in our testing.)
Mechanical filters have limitations when it comes to gases and odors. They can also be costly to maintain. Mechanical filters must be updated every six to twelve months and can cost up to $200 per filter, with the average cost being around $80.
Models with activated carbon filters include the following:
Sorbent filters, rather than catching particles like mechanical filters, use activated carbon to trap some odor-causing chemicals in the air. They may be able to combat some gases, but formaldehyde, ammonia, and nitrogen oxide are not among them. Many air purifiers will feature both an activated carbon filter and a pleated filter for capturing particles because activated carbon filters do not combat particles. However, activated carbon filters become saturated more quickly than pleated filters and must be replaced more frequently—every three months as opposed to every six to twelve months for pleated filters. Make careful to provide for replacements in your budget: Filters made of activated carbon can cost up to $50 apiece.
Generators of ozone
These machines generate ozone, a molecule that reacts with contaminants to change their chemical makeup. This can lead to poor indoor air quality, which is why CR does not suggest these air purifiers. Ozone generator manufacturers frequently claim that their machines generate safe levels of ozone, however, our testing has shown that even at low settings, some ozone generators soon surpass the FDA’s 0.05 parts per million guidelines for medical equipment. Furthermore, the EPA has shown that low levels of ozone—the main component of smog—do not effectively eliminate indoor contaminants. Ozone has also been related to decreased lung function, as well as increased risks of throat irritation, coughing, chest pain, and lung tissue inflammation, according to research. Asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis may all be aggravated by ozone exposure.
Air purifiers with electronic components:
Electrostatic precipitators and ionizers charge particles in the air, causing them to attract magnetically to plates on the machine or neighboring surfaces. Electronic air purifiers aren’t usually tested or recommended by Consumer Reports since they can produce ozone.
UVGI (ultraviolet germicidal irradiation) is a type of germicidal irradiation that uses ultraviolet light to kill germs
UV lamps, according to certain manufacturers, kill airborne viruses, bacteria, and fungal spores. However, some bacteria and mold spores are UV-resistant. To be effective, the UV light must be strong enough and the exposure time must be long enough (minutes to hours rather than the few seconds characteristic of most UVGI air purifiers). Although some mechanical air purifiers we test may feature UVGI technology, CR does not test it.
Oxidation by photocatalysis
PCO produces hydroxyl radicals that oxidize gaseous contaminants using ultraviolet light and a photocatalyst, such as titanium dioxide. This process can produce toxic byproducts such as ozone, formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide, and carbon monoxide, depending on the pollutant. PCO technology is not currently being tested by CR. Although there have been few field studies on the performance of PCO air purifiers, a laboratory study conducted by Syracuse University researchers discovered that the devices did not efficiently remove any of the VOCs commonly detected in indoor air.
In 2017, the manufacturer Molekule released PECO, a PCO version. We put the Molekule Air purifier to the test, and it failed miserably at removing dust, smoke, and pollen. Since then, we’ve also tested the more expensive Molekule Air Pro, which did a better job of eliminating impurities on its highest setting but didn’t wow in any of CR’s other air purifier tests.
What to Look for When Buying an Air Purifier
Filter replacement costs
Filters should be replaced (or vacuumed) every six to twelve months for pleated filters and every three months for activated carbon filters as a general rule. The majority of the units we tested had an indicator light that indicates when the filter needs to be changed (or cleaned). Filters can cost anywhere from $20 to more than $200 per unit in our evaluations of large air purifiers. Filters that remove odors with carbon can cost up to $50.
There are a few labels on the packaging that you should look for. The Energy Star logo is the first. To be successful, air purifiers must run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and you should consider in the cost of energy when shopping. Purifiers that have earned the Energy Star label use 40% less energy than normal versions.
You may also notice an AHAM Verified seal, which indicates that the model has been evaluated by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers. AHAM’s voluntary certification program has given many air purifiers clean air delivery rates (CADRs) and room size guidelines on the seal.
The CADR measures the volume of clean air produced by an air purifier at its highest speed setting in cubic feet per minute. A purifier with a CADR of 250 for dust particles, for example, reduces dust particle levels to the same concentration as adding 250 cubic feet of clean air every minute. The higher the CADR, the more quickly and effectively the air purifier works. The highest CADR is frequently achieved by room air purifiers with HEPA filters. In our studies, a CADR of more than 240 is considered Excellent, 240 to 180 is considered Very Good, 179 to 120 is considered Good, 119 to 60 is considered Fair, and anything less than 60 is considered Poor.
Tobacco smoke, dust, and pollen removal all have varying CADR scores. Concentrate on the CADR for the contaminant that you’re most concerned about. If you live with a smoker or frequently use the fireplace, for example, consider an air purifier with a high CADR for tobacco smoke.
CR also recommends certain air purifiers. This indicates that they meet Consumer Reports’ safety, performance, value, and reliability requirements.
Size of the room
If an air purifier bears the AHAM Verified seal, you can rest assured that it can manage the recommended room size. However, manufacturers’ assertions should be taken with a grain of salt. Many air purifiers we’ve tested aren’t fit for the specified room sizes. You may see what room size range we recommend for each model based on our test findings by looking at our ratings. Also, think about scaling up: Most versions designed for big rooms (350 square feet and up) still perform well at lower (quieter) speeds, which is convenient when watching TV or sleeping.
You should not only consider how well an air purifier functions, but also how well you will be able to live with it. Because this equipment is constantly in use, it should be as quiet as possible. (A noise level of around 50 dB is roughly equivalent to that of a refrigerator.) Before you buy a model, check the box or the internet listing to see how many decibels it produces. Alternatively, you can look at our air purifier reviews, where we rank devices based on their noise levels at high and low speeds.
Other suggestions for reducing air purifier noise include: When you’re not in the room, set the unit to high speed, and when you’re nearby, set it to low speed. Alternatively, choose an air purifier that is certified for a bigger area that filters more air even at moderate speeds.
Air purifiers are still a relatively new technology. Until recently, they were mostly used in industrial facilities and medical labs. However, it seems that this is starting to change. More manufacturers are now making a variety of different models in order to target the expanding consumer market. Below you will find our list of the top rated air purifiers for sale in each category and price range of 2022.